Round 24 - Broncos vs Knights - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we'll see Hodges and Barba swap with each oter throughout the match.

I'm more concerned about what side the centres play on. Reed HAS to be on the right and Copley on the left.

Not a chance. Reed has been Left Centre for forever and a day.

On the topic of Copley how do you see him as a future Origin player?

If he can remove the odd loose carry and dropped ball from his game, everything else will only get better.

At the moment though, in SOO he would scare the crap out of me.

Really? I thought he had one of his worst games for the year. I didn't think he helped his chance of a recall very much.
He made the odd defensive error but I think he belongs in first grade.

copley can play and has state of origin written all over him. its not his fault that barba is now inside him in defence and is a massive liability. copley is a good defender and will get better with time

I agree with what you say about Copley except ...why is Barba "a massive liability"? In defence? His defensive stats are measurably better than Copley's, both in tackles made, including a few try savers from memory, and missed tackles.

As others have said, Copley needs to own one of the centre positions. He is weapon, if only we used him more.

Yeah the miss on Teteh was a bad one. He should be thankful he wasn't on Lo.
Yeah he should have stopped that try. Lo was impressive. I do wonder if any of the PNG boys will get picked up by NRL teams.

If Kahu plays, I hope it's on the right.

I don't want him marking up on Uate..

Whoever plays will most likely be up against Sione Mata'utia.

Beads knows.

I expect the players to play out of their skins to make sure they stay in the roster next year.

The real winner of this match will be Wayne Bennett, irrespective of the result.

Should be a great game.

The mountain the Broncos must climb has grown a little higher with Newcastle hitting form at a most inopportune time. The rotten bludgers have beaten the Premiers, the Storm and now the Warriors. 6 out of their last 8 I think and only Souths was a game they couldn't have won. If the players really want to show some love for their outgoing coach and by their actions, impress their new coach then they absolutely must produce their very best efforts. The supporter in me believes but the cold hearted punter thinks we are very very long odds.

but now they've done enough to avoid the spoon hopefully they come up here a little lazy, with the end of season now in sight and nothing but pride to play for.

not sure how bennett will approach the game from a personal point of view. will he really want to get one up on us? does it really matter for his current side to beat us? will the knights players buy into it anyway? griffin will want to try and prove a point (and finish the year well regardless), and broncos players have an incoming coach to impress, and it should be pretty clear in their minds that bennett wont play the same favourites as griffo has done. much more at stake for us as a whole.

Last edited:
noisetheory; said:
griffin will want to try and prove a point (and finish the year well regardless).

Griffin has been trying to prove a point for two years now. That he still has reason to prove a point sadly in no way makes us more likely to win.

I expect the players to play out of their skins to make sure they stay in the roster next year.

The real winner of this match will be Wayne Bennett, irrespective of the result.

Should be a great game.

I was thinking the same that the Knights game was the only one where we might put in a good performance. I've started to waver a bit - I think the Knights will be primed.

The talk in the media has been interesting. Knights are having a terrible season but we have won only two more games than they have. If Newcastle get up this week it's not inconceivable they could finish higher than Brisbane. In fact, it's probably likely.

but now they've done enough to avoid the spoon hopefully they come up here a little lazy, with the end of season now in sight and nothing but pride to play for.

not sure how bennett will approach the game from a personal point of view. will he really want to get one up on us? does it really matter for his current side to beat us? will the knights players buy into it anyway? griffin will want to try and prove a point (and finish the year well regardless), and broncos players have an incoming coach to impress, and it should be pretty clear in their minds that bennett wont play the same favourites as griffo has done. much more at stake for us as a whole.

These are all great points, noisetheory. For me the difference between the way the two sides handled the coaching issue has been remarkable. In my view, the Knights players probably have more reason to be miffed at Bennett than what the Broncos players have for the Griffin situation. Newcastle seem to be getting over it and getting on with the job.

Main difference for mine, is one side doing their talking on the field while the other side is doing their talking in press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Alec
  • pennywisealfie
  • Maddy
  • thenry
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • lynx000
  • BooKhaki
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • mrslong
  • Midean
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.