Round 24 Discussion

anyone suggesting snowden wouldve been sent if thompson just got back up are kidding themselves, and frankly, are fucking idiots. the fact thompson got injured AND the time it took to get him off the field all contributed to the situation. the ref kinda had to send him after it took 5 mins to take poor thompson from the field. the crowd was chanting "off", so were several of the cowboys. the refs caved. if thompson had got straight back up, theres a good chance the refs wouldve actually missed it altogether.

fact is, an injury shouldnt play any part in the decision. its either a send off or not, regardless of the effect on the opposition player.

having said that, if they wanna get rid of should charges, this is the way to do it. shouldve started earlier in the year. now they have to be consistent
I agree with everything you said except the bold bit. Discretion should be allowed here, where an accidental collision shouldn't be punished worse, but a deliberate act should be aggravated if it results in an injury!

So you guys think that O'Donell who helicoptered a Tigers player last week but didn't get sent because he didn't land on his head should not have been sent if he landed on his head and it was obvious he broke his neck?

Just because the pink nuffies have been getting it wrong all year doesn't mean they should continue to call it wrong the rest of the year.

Like I said before I think it was more reflex than anything else but the fact remains it was illegal and caused a shocking injury, the refs had no choice.

A bit like driving through a red light by being distracted and lucky for you don't hit anything but do the exact same thing a collect another car and injure someone then the penalty is far worse.

If you don't think that was worthy of a send off then wtf is?

Last edited:
I agree with everything you said except the bold bit. Discretion should be allowed here, where an accidental collision shouldn't be punished worse, but a deliberate act should be aggravated if it results in an injury!
then we get faking injuries and so on. semi final, greg inglis hits you with a bit of an arm around the shoulder, your team doctor says "oh definitely broken neck", inglis gets sent, injured player then walks off field and doctor says "oops, guess it wasnt broken".

who determines the level of the injury? what type of injury is worse than others? at what level do you send someone off? what if they cant determine the injury in the 2 mins theyve got before they have to carry on with the game?

the injury should play no part in the penalty.

snowden has been hit with a grade 4 charge. facing 7 - 9 weeks on the sideline. meanwhile, pritchard is facing 2 - 3 weeks for basically the same thing

It still begs the question that no one wants to answer, if that's not a send off, what is?

I'm not a fan of Snowden having prior charges being used to make this suspension longer. His prior charges aren't of the shoulder charge variety so they shouldn't count IMO.

then we get faking injuries and so on. semi final, greg inglis hits you with a bit of an arm around the shoulder, your team doctor says "oh definitely broken neck", inglis gets sent, injured player then walks off field and doctor says "oops, guess it wasnt broken".

who determines the level of the injury? what type of injury is worse than others? at what level do you send someone off? what if they cant determine the injury in the 2 mins theyve got before they have to carry on with the game?

the injury should play no part in the penalty.
Which part about accidental collision and deliberate act didn't you understand?
Yes an injury will always play a part in a deliberate act penalty, both on and off the field, and so it should!

And yeah sure, doctors are going to be faking injuries too now... :001_rolleyes:

It still begs the question that no one wants to answer, if that's not a send off, what is?
something deliberate. Something with malice. Something with intent. Spear tackles. King hits.

nothing about snowdens hit warranted a send off based on any previous send off or any previous penalty for a shoulder charge.

Fair enough AP, but as much as I think Snowdens reaction was reflex to brace himself it was still an illegal tackle that caused as much damage as possible.

He just has to suck it up, I think he will defend himself and win against the 7 - 9 weeks but it deserves a suspension IMO around 2 - 4 weeks depending on his priors.
I take your point about other shoulder charges this year and consistency but I just think the refs have been getting most if not all the other ones wrong and this one right. That tackle is the exact reason why the shoulder charge was banned this year, because of the potential for so much damage.

The chooks defensive line speed is lousy and they are paying for it, couple with the real energy the sharks are showing.

If only ...

I'm just speechless that was probably the best half i've seen from any team all year, the Sharks are making the top placed Roosters look like reserve graders. Cronulla have been sensational but i'm so annoyed the Roosters aren't using any of our genuine game breakers and not making the Sharks defense work when they've been getting into the 20. Full credit to Cronulla they've just been awesome.

Wow that game was just like the 2001 Grand Final. One side getting out to a huge halftime lead and the other pegging it back and making the game look closer than it was. The Sharks just destroyed Easts tonight simple as that.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Lozza
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Allo
  • ezpz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • winslow_wong
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • westy316
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • jarro65
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.