Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Yep. Don't be surprised if there's like 3 or 4 guys rested for the next 2 weeks. We finish 1-3 regardless.

Is Gillett carrying an injury? He has come up with some pretty average attempts at tackles lately.

Yep. Don't be surprised if there's like 3 or 4 guys rested for the next 2 weeks. We finish 1-3 regardless.

I can see Boyd being rested. He was struggling out there after he copped that knee.

Is Gillett carrying an injury? He has come up with some pretty average attempts at tackles lately.

Definitely that injury to his face. Looked pretty bad when he took the headgear off.

I'd rest Hodges, Parker, Boyd, Gillett.

Speaking of Gillett I had never seen him wear headgear before last night, did he ever wear headgear before last night?

Speaking of Gillett I had never seen him wear headgear before last night, did he ever wear headgear before last night?

I think Broncos fans everywhere said WTF is Lowrie doing out there!!!??? Pretty sure it was to protect his noggin after last weeks head clash with Copley.

Minor premiership isn't really a priority, as long as we build from this loss going into the finals it's okay.

Copley and Dodds are depth players. Gavet or Molo better put their hand up next season, we need someone with punch off the bench.

Thaiday ran for 14m in the first half. Our forwards were completely dominated, hands down.

Minor premiership isn't really a priority, as long as we build from this loss going into the finals it's okay.

Copley and Dodds are depth players. Gavet or Molo better put their hand up next season, we need someone with punch off the bench.

Thaiday ran for 14m in the first half. Our forwards were completely dominated, hands down.

I think Ofahengaue will be better next season and Dodds won't be at the Broncos next season.

I was starting to have confidence in our bench mid season. Now I'm starting to cringe again as soon as WB starts making replacements.

Even with McGuire in the team, we're still missing a dominant, aggressive forward

Look,

We should all be very very proud of the effort last night, our effort is undeniable and obvious, we can match it with the best team in the competition without a doubt. We have a ton of heart & will always keep trying until the 80th minute and stay in it. That's without question.

Although, I truly believe that we aren't ready mentally and physically YET, to topple the best teams in the competition when it matters (finals).

Psychologically, we can hang on, but when it comes to take it to the next level with enthusiasm, pace, intensity, desire etc, we are a few % off. It was obvious against the Roosters. We were too conservative, waiting for them to attack & we were just holding them off. We weren't dominate at all and never truly threatened them and took it to them, we allow them to make so many metres & we put ourselves in pressure situations constantly defending on our own try line.

We need 1 or 2 more massive, athletic, agile front rowers that can really bend the line & get a quick play the ball & win the ruck consistently, we do not have that, even with McGuire. Last night, we were VERY slow playing the ball, it was all so easy to pick off & predictable. We can get away with the way we play against most of the competition, but against the likes of the Roosters & Cowboys, we will be very competitive, but we won't win.

Just my opinion from watching last nights game.

In games in the past, we've had Broncos fans saying that if we didn't blow our chances, we could have won or gotten closer on the scoreline or whatever.

Last night, if the Roosters didn't blow their chances, they would have won by 13+. They deadset blew 3 or 4 tries at the last moment.

Lessons taken away from the game.

1. You can not expect to win games with one dimensional props. While Dodds is a good defender, he offers zero in attack and that alone makes him a liability whether he drops the ball or not.
2. Our red headed Reed is actually needed for a championship run. While lots of us (me included) were looking forward to seeing Copley have a run, he is just without enough confidence to hang at this level at this time. I think the injuries have taken there toll and it sadly shows. Hopefully next year he freshens up and gets some confidence.
3.The Broncos as a whole are pretty tough. They fought hard and take one play(Dodds drop in particular) and they win that game. For all intensive purposes, they won the second half.
4. Hodges time is up. While Justin can still reek havoc in attack, his defense due to speed and lack of mobility is exposing him.
5. Hunt needs to know when to be Kenny Rogers. Every play maker has to have the ability to know when to take a gamble. He is almost there.
6. While Boyd is steady and brave, he does lack that spark that many number ones have. Think we'll have to live with that.
7. I'm with Wayne. Despite loss, I think it was a positive game that lots can be taken away. The main thing is to get some structure in attack and I think The Broncos can rival any club. I do believe that having Reed and Marranta on the left side will steady the attack.
I tend to agree about points one through seven with six being the exception. Boyd was twice hit in the head and received an enormous knee in the lower back which would have dropped a horse. He was not an issue in the loss, we as a team were not good enough but have improvement in us still. I'm sure you might realise(maybe not) but it's for all intents and purposes !!! Signed your neighbourly GN.

The only problem the Broncos have is picking the wrong game plan out of the Acme Book of Game Plans.

In hindsight, I'm actually puzzled why Wayne didn't tell the team to stick it to them like game 1 (or maybe he did and the team failed to follow his instructions.)

For me it's that simple.

Errors cost us the win, for mine. We have turned failing to complete a set of 6 after scoring points into an art form over the last few seasons. It drives me nuts. How hard is it to concentrate and complete your set? Surely it can't be that hard.

It happens on a pretty regular basis regardless if we win or lose. Hopefully a tough loss will drive the point home that there are some times in a match where you need to hold the footy.

The Roosters plan was just to harrass us through the middle. Even on kick returns. That's where the game was won.

Again,too many easy yards for our opposition. We seemed to be too often finishing our sets in our own forty and our opponents too often finishing their sets in our forty as well. Hunt and Milford have been a bit off their games the last few games, but you cant really expect them to be very creative when we are mostly trying to ruck the ball off our line.

TBH, I thought the score line flattered us. Roosters did not miss a beat after loosing Pearce and WH. They really burnt us for speed in the backs .

I dont quite know where we go from here. We need to find something extra in both attack and defence to be competitive in the finals. WB has done well to get us this far with our roster , but hard to see us winning many games from now on unless we go to another level.

We haven't looked enthusiastic for a long time, it looks like we're just going through the motions. You have to lift your game at this time of year and we haven't done that. We won't win the premiership but next year we'll be better. This year has been overachieved anyway, a top 3 finish in bennett's first stint back.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.