Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Boyd did well just to stay on the paddock tonight after the knee in the ribs and nearly being knocked out. Anyone dissing him after tonight has rocks in their fucking head - so pull it in!!

We weren't that bad tonight. Disappointing not to come away with the win, but we weren't that bad. Down on confidence more than anything IMO, and wins the next 2 weeks will change that ;)

So many one off rucks just don't cut it at this end of the season. If we are going to give ground away so easily it's hard to slow the ruck so we have to try a bit in attack.

2 points off beating the 'best' team with absolutely nothing going our way from the men in lime green. Lost count of the number of knock ons the roosters got away with.

Copley seems to be half the player on the left side of the field.

Too many silly errors and dumb plays. What was that kick from the 20m restart?!

All in all, we have a lot more improvement in us than the roosters i reckon. Plus injuries to major players in all our main competitors means we're still a massive chance this year.

Hodges' upper body strength is like the curious case of Benjamin Button. Has gone from rushing up and monstering opponents to getting pushed off at will. Now we have 2 centre positions that can't defend.

Well, if I'm honest I'm pretty disappointed with that particularly our game plan, this whole sit back and wait defense just well............ sucks major dogs balls!

We concede so much ground easily and then spend most of the match working out from our end and continually give the opposition chance after chance on our line.

Its a very negative form of defense and its killing us against the good teams who control the ball and have good kicking games. We are relying on the opposition to make an error to give us a chance at their end.

We weren't really in the game tonight, the roosters probably should have scored a few more trys.

And Boyd's kick returns are up the creek, farkin horrid girly runs.

This.

Where's that thread extolling the virtues of the "new" defence. Might work against lesser attacking sides but fails against the better. Momentum is everything. Playing off the back foot doesn't work - no go-forward. Showed up so clearly tonight although there were a few occasions where we did show good line speed in their 20.

I think we can build from this loss, they threw everything at us and end of the day it was 2 try's a piece... think we were out enthused and a couple of unforgivable errors didn't help us at all. Im actually pretty confident going into the finals.

I really despise watching Roosters games. Even against teams like the Bulldogs and Manly, the amount of things they get away with just frustrates the **** out of me. Usually I put it down to the refs just being shit, but sometimes it's hard to believe any trained professional could be that terrible. Surely there's a tip sheet saying watch for Friend passing the ball forward or Maloney running through the gap made by lead runners. The Roosters dropped the ball whilst playing it 3 times and they laid all over us all night. That penalty from Hodges that led to the penalty goal was faster than almost every play the ball we had. Also they threw a ball forward and Hodges dropped it and they got the ball back. If Greg Alexander can admit something that benefits the Broncos you know you fucked up.

Well that was very disappointing loss (especially for me, I would've won almost $200 if we won) but i'm very proud of the effort. The Roosters were all over us and dominated the game in the first half and for most of the game but we defended our line strongly and did extremely well to stay in the game and fight to the very end. The Roosters are a quality team and not many sides would've been able to hold them out for as long as we did, and their try in the second half was just handed to them on a platter.

a few areas exposed tonight, the roosters power game continually rolled through and there support play was much better.
our bench isnt up to scratch imo (except k nik) wallace is ok without being brilliant, dodds is a plodder and ofahengaue carries the ball ok but he doesnt offer much on defence and always seems on the back foot rather than driving through.
we really should be beating a team who lose their 2 big guns early in the match. as for blaming milford that is way off track, for me hunt and boyd were very ordinary.

I swear that when we were defending the ref was calling "move" as soon as the tackled player with the ground. But when we had the ball he was calling it a good 3 or 4 seconds later.

The winning try for them was a pure mistake by Kahu. We defended brilliantly, and the few times we got to their end our attack looked much more likely to score than them. If anything, I'm feeling more positive about our premiership chances after tonight. Especially with JWH out (which balances out McGuire) and Inglis possibly being out for the season, and possibly Morgan too which will force a Cowboys reshuffle.

For me it was the forwards getting dominated that stopped Milford, Hunt and Boyd from playing well. They were basically the whole game attacking off the back foot.

We are really missing McGuire and having Thaiday start with a 1st half total of 14m just doesn't cover not having McGuire out there.

Well, if I'm honest I'm pretty disappointed with that particularly our game plan, this whole sit back and wait defense just well............ sucks major dogs balls!

We concede so much ground easily and then spend most of the match working out from our end and continually give the opposition chance after chance on our line.

Its a very negative form of defense and its killing us against the good teams who control the ball and have good kicking games. We are relying on the opposition to make an error to give us a chance at their end.

We weren't really in the game tonight, the roosters probably should have scored a few more trys.

And Boyd's kick returns are up the creek, farkin horrid girly runs.

Chooks: 189 runs for 1814m
Broncos: 155 runs for 1266m

I think this, more than anything else tells the story of the game
We're capable of sustaining a lot of pressure, and we can turn it on when we have the ball, allowing us to win games against most teams, but not the chooks, even after they lost their halfback.
We may get souffs next week, especially if Inglis is out, although we can't let Reynolds pin us in goal continuously.
But if we let the Storm come at us this way the week after... we may be in for a long night!

There's a good chance we'll play the Cows in the finals first, and again... not a team we can allow repeated sets on our line.
If we lose, then we have to hope we don't play Manly next, or we might get bundled out in straight sets.

RTS had 300 running metres that game, jesus.

JWH is out for the year and Pearce could miss 4 to 6 weeks

Copley to Norths for the rest of the season please. Couldn't tackle his way out of a brown paper bag.

Dodds dropping the ball after we scored a try was the crucial play. If he holds it we win that game.

Plenty of positives.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Midean
  • Bish
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Lurker
  • Aldo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.