PRE-GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with what the NRL is doing with trying to protect its players - and it should be healthy for the long term prospects of the game - but trying to play by these rules is a lot harder than you'd think, and something has to change again. Unfortunately, I see us heading towards helmets. None of us want that.

The trouble with not being allowed to tackle over the shoulders like Flegler did - which runs the risk of head contact - is that is the most effective way to wrap up the player to prevent him from offloading, or foiling an offload attempt, without risking contact with the ball itself. It's also standard practice in league to have one over the top, and one around the legs. If you have everyone going for the mid-riff, we're going to see friendly head knocks, and I think we're already seeing that. Plus big guys on little guys, or big guys on guys who are ducking, it's always going to happen.
I wrote back to someone else on a different thread about first point of contact, you can’t bin a player that didn’t even hit the players head first, you put a good shot into some ones chest of course their head will go forward….If they clear that rule up it will be a step in the right direction.

If we lose this match, it'll be a Broncos' all time record for the most losses in a season.

6 and 10 pick themselves. The rest are flexible.

1. Farnworth
2. Isaako
3. Tass
4. Niu
5. Cobbo
6. KHunt
7. Kelly
8. Bullemor
9. Paix
10. Haas (captain)
11. Piakura (if not suspended)/ Robati (if not suspended)/Glenn
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Turpin (if not suspended)/Levi
15. Robati (if not suspended)/Kennedy
16. Glenn/Oates (if Piakura and Robati suspended)
17. Croft

18. Mead

Kicking tee boys: Mudfrog, Coates

That is a truly horrible team.

That is a truly horrible team.
You can't love the Broncos and hate that team. It's as close to 2022 as you can assemble right now. Albeit with a fond sendoff for Karmichael, the only one in the team to have won an NRL premiership.

I reckon we dodged a bullet getting rid of Lodge. He's had 1 win from 5 starts with the Warriors. Already been banned twice since Rnd 17, and is facing another ban next week. He was coming off a ban when he left the Broncos, which I think was his (3rd?) ban of the season.

Given how much he’s been paid by us and will continue to be paid by us, hard to say we dodged any bullet, we shot ourselves full on.

You can't love the Broncos and hate that team. It's as close to 2022 as you can assemble right now. Albeit with a fond sendoff for Karmichael, the only one in the team to have won an NRL premiership.
Yeah, I can. It's further away from the 2022 likely lineup than the one we played with this week.

Yeah, I can. It's further away from the 2022 likely lineup than the one we played with this week.
They're all top 30 Broncos players. I'd love to select some non-Broncos but they're all unavailable due to contractual obligations.

If we lose this match, it'll be a Broncos' all time record for the most losses in a season.

6 and 10 pick themselves. The rest are flexible.

1. Farnworth
2. Isaako
3. Tass
4. Niu
5. Cobbo
6. KHunt
7. Kelly
8. Bullemor
9. Paix
10. Haas (captain)
11. Piakura (if not suspended)/ Robati (if not suspended)/Glenn
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Turpin (if not suspended)/Levi
15. Robati (if not suspended)/Kennedy
16. Glenn/Oates (if Piakura and Robati suspended)
17. Croft

18. Mead

Kicking tee boys: Mudfrog, Coates
I still can’t tell if you’re making a joke or not. I assume you are because you hate Herbie and wouldn’t put him at fullback.

I still can’t tell if you’re making a joke or not. I assume you are because you hate Herbie and wouldn’t put him at fullback.
I don't hate Herbie, but he's failed at centre, and we might as well try him at fullback to shut everyone up. If his inability to pass doesn't cut it in the spine, he can fight it out with Jamayne for a wing. Tass has been training with the squad for some time. He's the last dev player not to get a jersey, so he can go to centre with Niu, who's done nothing wrong. Oates can go to the bench because we're that short of forwards he can cover both. Croft gets a chance to say goodbye from the bench. Khunt because my indulgence.

Mudfrog and Coates can get fucked.

What a fucking stitch up. The NSWRL strikes again. Almost in disbelief.

Flegler's first contact was the shoulder. Peekes was late, but no later than a dozen hits every weekend.

**** this administration sideways with a sledgehammer.

What a fucking stitch up. The NSWRL strikes again. Almost in disbelief.

Flegler's first contact was the shoulder. Peekes was late, but no later than a dozen hits every weekend.

**** this administration sideways with a sledgehammer.
Both are able to contest the charges.

What happened to the Cronulla centre who actually made contact with the head ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • dasherhalo
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.