PRE-GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I don't hate Herbie, but he's failed at centre, and we might as well try him at fullback to shut everyone up. If his inability to pass doesn't cut it in the spine, he can fight it out with Jamayne for a wing. Tass has been training with the squad for some time. He's the last dev player not to get a jersey, so he can go to centre with Niu, who's done nothing wrong. Oates can go to the bench because we're that short of forwards he can cover both. Croft gets a chance to say goodbye from the bench. Khunt because my indulgence.

Mudfrog and Coates can get fucked.
I would like to see Cobbo and Farnworth spend time at fullback this game just to see what happens though that is probably pretty disrespectful to Niu.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Go watch the Piakura tackle again. 2 weeks isn't a surprise.
I watched it about 15 times and I think it’s marginal. If it wasn’t such a great hit it wouldn’t even get another look at. His head was down readying himself for the tackle when the ball was passed. I think it’s excessive especially for a player on debut who obviously has 0 loading.

The Flegler hit on the other hand was pretty dumb and given his history is probably close to fair.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
yeah, so the NRL can give them an extra week each. the verdict has already been written
Are you happy with what the NRL gave Latrell?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Are you happy with what the NRL gave Latrell?

probably about right, before loading is considered (p.s. i'm not a fan of the loading system) but IMO the tackle started as an illegal act (shoulder charge) not a legit tackle like Flegler's that may have strayed a bit high, the first point of contact was shoulder which is legal to tackle.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I'll say it again, suspensions should only occur for violent actions. Fines are enough. There's no consistency at all.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Yeah I'm more talking about a comparison with Ramien tbh.
Ramien's more comparable with Flegler. It's a shocker. In the brief replay it looks like a king hit. He got off lightly. He should get two weeks for that, not a fine. What am I missing?

2:19 in

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Ramien's more comparable with Flegler. It's a shocker. In the brief replay it looks like a king hit. He got off lightly. He should get two weeks for that, not a fine. What am I missing?

2:19 in

Don't think you're missing anything. Seems obvious to everyone but the officials responsible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lostboy
  • Painin the Haas
  • eazy-duzzit
  • levikaden
  • Swordfish
  • Aldo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Galah
  • rnabokov
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncsgoat
  • davidp
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.