PRE-GAME [Round 25, 2021] Broncos vs Knights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Sorry, I don't care about anything other than number of wins on the board.

That's what the Broncos used to be about.
No need to aplogise for your apparent binate way of thinking matey, we can't all be optimists.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Jordan Riki is back training. Expected to play this weekend. Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard:

“Jordan has been receiving treatment and will train this week with a view to playing on Saturday against the Knights – we will continue to review him after each session.”Ballard provided some more positive news on the rehab programs being undertaken by Staggs (MCL) and Carrigan (ACL).

Kotoni Staggs and Pat Cardigan have returned to running, which is a really good milestone for both of them. Both Kotoni and Pat have been showing great attention to detail with their rehabs, and as a result are seeing strong results.”

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
As much as it pains me to admit it, we absolutely have. Levi got up slowly clutching at his neck a few times in one of our recent games.
He's not a true bronco😉

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
All players from now on are to keep blood packets in the corner of their mouths and when they think they've copped even the slightest of hits they should bite down on it and let it dribble out. Raspberry flavour if possible.

And small little explosive air packs imbedded under the skin just below the eyes. Remote controlled by the on-field doc. Cop one around the eyes, doc looks at it, tell player to hold nose and BOOM, instant simulated facial fracture.
Arm Alfie with a bottle of Tomato sauce

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Newcastle would be silly to play Ponga, given they can't do any better than 7th and obviously are in no danger of missing the 8

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
As much as it pains me to admit it, we absolutely have. Levi got up slowly clutching at his neck a few times in one of our recent games.

Every fibre of my body tells me that the moment we start laying down, the NRL will crack down on gamesmanship. I know I'm often (always?) over the top with the conspiracy side of things, but I'm really just joining the dots on what's happened over the last 2 years. On the field, off the field at the judiciary, it's genuinely like we're being constantly kicked in the head by the NRL and despite it being plainly obvious for everyone to see, no one dares speak up because right now it serves their purpose.

I have to claim my tickets to the Knights game by tomorrow, and I know the person I'm emailing is just some helpful person in their promotions department, but I want to say something along the lines of "I'm claiming my tickets, but if the Broncos do not stand up for the bullshit being served to us on the field and at the judicialy I'll assume they have just given up and that's not the Broncos I support, so we won't be attending".

kman

kman

QCup Player
Aug 8, 2021
I know some people want to see Herbie get a run at fullback. But he's not a fullback at all in my opinion. He had a 2 on 1 with Oates and threw it over the sideline. A modern day fullback needs great ball skills and thats not him.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I know some people want to see Herbie get a run at fullback. But he's not a fullback at all in my opinion. He had a 2 on 1 with Oates and threw it over the sideline. A modern day fullback needs great ball skills and thats not him.
I previously thought he could give it a good crack. With his eagerness for work, following the ball, speed, fitness and ability to handle a high ball i thought he could play in a similar style to papenhuyzen. However after that attempted pass to oates (where he had plenty of time to prepare for it) I think he will be a much better winger.

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
You can't judge a player on one missed pass. In the same game the Sharks Fullback did the exact same thing. When we played the Roosters, Tedesco did it twice.

Mistakes happen.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
You can't judge a player on one missed pass. In the same game the Sharks Fullback did the exact same thing. When we played the Roosters, Tedesco did it twice.

Mistakes happen.
On here dropping a pass is unforgivable. Equally throwing a poor pass is viewed the same way. I'm with you, do something often enough you're bound to get a couple wrong.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I previously thought he could give it a good crack. With his eagerness for work, following the ball, speed, fitness and ability to handle a high ball i thought he could play in a similar style to papenhuyzen. However after that attempted pass to oates (where he had plenty of time to prepare for it) I think he will be a much better winger.
Relax you can't judge an entire players skills on a single pass lmao.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Slater couldn't throw a pass for years.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Remember that time JT passed it into the 7th row of the stands? He was never going to be able to cut it as a half.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Let's not act like they don't make shit decisions from the get go
I've got very few issues with the on field refs - everything happens at such a fast pace and there's so much to look at, I can forgive a mistake in the heat of the moment. In fact the number of times the ref makes a call and I think "WHAT?#!#?" and then in slo mo replay and knowing exactly what to look for and where, the ref was right, far outweighs the number of mistakes. What I cannot accept is the bunker getting things wrong when they have the ability to watch slo mo replays from 100 angles. The entire concept of the bunker was to remove the occasional on field howler. Surely everybody can see it has failed dismally.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I've got very few issues with the on field refs - everything happens at such a fast pace and there's so much to look at, I can forgive a mistake in the heat of the moment. In fact the number of times the ref makes a call and I think "WHAT?#!#?" and then in slo mo replay and knowing exactly what to look for and where, the ref was right, far outweighs the number of mistakes. What I cannot accept is the bunker getting things wrong when they have the ability to watch slo mo replays from 100 angles. The entire concept of the bunker was to remove the occasional on field howler. Surely everybody can see it has failed dismally.
Oh, I think what applies to refs applies to the bunker, at least in part. By that I mean more right than before. We don't tend to remember the hundreds of right calls the bunker makes, it's the howlers. Without the bunker fans would riot after a few rounds of 'run of the mill' calls not being picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Strop
  • Footy Fanatic
  • john1420
  • Xzei
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Jedhead
  • jd87
  • Bish
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • kat00
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.