POST GAME Round 25 - Bulldogs vs Broncos

rnabokov

State of Origin Rep
Bangalow
Nah Boyd organises left hand side. Defends on the left and whoever plays halfback defends on the right. Fullback calls the numbers but position of the half in the d line affects where second rower, centre and winger stand. Domino effect. Maybe milf is getting numbers wrong but doesn't seem to be as big a problem when SOS or dearden plays half so indicates to me that turps is out of position in d which forces outside three to come in to make up numbers and leaves winger free.
I understand what you say. I was meaning the captain's overall responsibility for the team after a total **** up, to address the issues and point out what is needed for them not to re-occur

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
All the coaches say part of being a coach is managing the cap? Every other coach gets the accolades or the criticisms that go with good or bad signings, why should he be any different? Why does Wayne get the credit for the Haas signing?
Like i said, he is involved, he isnt 100% responsible. Most people fire back the likes of Haas just to prove a point really to all the people who bag him for Boyd for example. People with any sense know its not just one person.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
You're deliberately being obtuse. No ons said a coach has no imput. Dumb statement. The board decides contract value and length. Fucking deal with it. They're the facts.
Then people need to stop giving credit to Wayne for the Haas deal, for TPJ, Lodge etc ... the board and an accountant did that ... awesome work accountant

Pub Steak

QCup Player
I understand what you say. I was meaning the captain's overall responsibility for the team after a total **** up, to address the issues and point out what is needed for them not to re-occur
Hmmmm I'm not a big fan of Boyd either but I'd think that's more the coaching teams responsibility. I see the captain's job as more motivating the boys during the game and kicking arse when people don't carry their weight.

rnabokov

State of Origin Rep
Bangalow
Hmmmm I'm not a big fan of Boyd either but I'd think that's more the coaching teams responsibility. I see the captain's job as more motivating the boys during the game and kicking arse when people don't carry their weight.
Exactly what I am saying (doesn't happen).

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
If you had to weight how much say the coach has what would it be, 80%.?
I mean a coach would have to say things like he's my guy or I'd like him
if we can get him.
There have been a lot of stories of players coming here only after speaking with Wayne.
I'm not sure. I think Wayne is hugely influential in terms of attracting players, so in one respect 80% may not be far off. On the other hand, i dont think he has a lot of control over contracts and finances, so i think 80% would be way over in that case. If a player is prepared to come here for less, then thats probably a big tick for the coach ( whoever the coach is ). I dont see Bennett though having the kind of power at a club he used to have at the Broncos over a decade ago.

broncsgoat

NRL Captain
:rofl:rofl:rofl

Neverending Story eat your heart out! There are a few ppl on your side legitimately facepalming right now. That was good value, thanx man.
He did, doesn’t mean he set the length, amount etc of the contracts. They all have said that they came here for Wayne. They’re staying which is great because they’re all guns.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Then people need to stop giving credit to Wayne for the Haas deal, for TPJ, Lodge etc ... the board and an accountant did that ... awesome work accountant
Somewhat. There are three points to getting a player to come to/stay at a club. One is $, 2 is contract length, 3 is essential a sales job on all sorts of things - what the club is building to, how the player will be used, for younger guys how the coaching team will help the player develop, that type of thing. To take TPJ as an example, he said he came here to play under Wayne. That doesn't mean Wayne works out the money and contract lengths.

Eventually, hopefully we'll have players signing because they want to play under Seibold because of how the multiple premiership winning coach can help them improve as players. In that glorious future that still won't mean Seibold is the one nutting out the final dollars and contract lengths.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
This shit is too funny, there are some people in serious denial here. "Oh, btw Wayne, we signed this guy for 4 years whether you like it or not. Deal with it......"Bitch"🤣😂🤣

Last edited:

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
This shit is too funny, there are some people in serious denial here. "Oh, btw Wayne, we signed this guy for 4 years whether you like it or not. Deal with it......"Bitch"🤣😂🤣
I dont think thats what anyone is saying at all. Its funnier to think people are stupid enough to think Bennett was in total control of contracts. Now thats actually funny.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Where? i dont see it The only people i see banging on about Bennett are the fools who think he had total control over who got what.
It's possible you have tunnel vision then. No offence I have it too, but ppl have definitely said that. I cbf digging up the posts but surely you know ppl have said that.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Imagine if you could create a thread for all the 'Seibold v Bennett' discussions how awesome would that be.
Who cares, noone wants to talk about this deadrubber game anyway.

Wolfie

State of Origin Rep
It's possible you have tunnel vision then. No offence I have it too, but ppl have definitely said that. I cbf digging up the posts but surely you know ppl have said that.
I dont have tunnel vision. I clearly see we have a number of people involved in contract negotiation and recruitment. White, Lockyer, Nolan, Lanigan and Seibold now, Bennett before him on the Broncos side, and the player and his manager on the other. Cant quite understand how you think thats tunnel vision when its plainly obvious how the process works. As i said before, they are all cogs in the machine.

And i dont believe people have said it. I can see people think its all down to Bennett for some bizarre reason when its plainly not the case.

Tom

State of Origin Rep
I dont have tunnel vision. I clearly see we have a number of people involved in contract negotiation and recruitment. White, Lockyer, Nolan, Lanigan and Seibold now, Bennett before him on the Broncos side, and the player and his manager on the other. Cant quite understand how you think thats tunnel vision when its plainly obvious how the process works. As i said before, they are all cogs in the machine.

And i dont believe people have said it. I can see people think its all down to Bennett for some bizarre reason when its plainly not the case.
Well the 1st step is usually denial 😜

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter