Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We are frustrating to watch as all fark, for mine we do look different to last year and the beginning of this year where we were totally disinterested.

I think the effort is there now (mostly) and we have some direction but Seibs seems to have totally simplified our game back to a very.....very basic level just concentrating on defense, basic hitups with the forwards and a bomb, I think he has gone too far, its not enough.

If the opposition complete their sets and score a few points we are farked.

In the last 6 weeks we should have build on our game coming into the finals, instead we seem to have just stagnated and rolled out the same very basic plan.

Are our players that incompetent that we need to simplify things to an under 9s game plan? Even at that age they’ll at least do a hit up off the halfback to get a bit wider off the ruck.

It's a good loss. The team knew they had nothing to play for. It will still hurt a little next week.

I've always thought 'why do we always rush our fifth tackle plays' especially when we haven't won the ruck wrestle on the fifth hitup. I'd rather see a slower and thus better controlled set up. Being in a hurry every single time leads to poor placement and execution in 50% of cases.
You’re spot on. It’s like everyone wants to be a hero which comes back to poor captaincy. Cam smith is so good at grabbing the ball in a breakdown and indicating to his players to just settle down and stick with game plan. Tries come from team effort not individual brilliance for the most part. It’s like they want to score off every set of six rather than patience in setting up a stable rythym!

Are our players that incompetent that we need to simplify things to an under 9s game plan? Even at that age they’ll at least do a hit up off the halfback to get a bit wider off the ruck.

Players aren’t the problem mate

We were out coached last night. Isaako has been coming in off his wing for ages and they identified the weakness, watched out for it and took advantage of it. The question is why our coach didn’t identify the problem and fix it long ago.

We were out coached last night. Isaako has been coming in off his wing for ages and they identified the weakness, watched out for it and took advantage of it. The question is why our coach didn’t identify the problem and fix it long ago.
Maybe it's our defensive structures, because they all seem to get dragged in. It's not all on isaako, they all seem to do it.

Milfords kicking game last year was great. This year he only attempts spiral bombs. Not sure if he’s taking the piss or is just a dumb footballer. It’s even more dumb that the coaching staff aren’t in his ear to tell him to do something else.
The dumb part is the kicks are so deep there is no pressure . He may as well make them 10 mtrs shorter so we can chase it because the fullback runs it that far anyway.

Players aren’t the problem mate

Of course it's the players

We sacked our coach, hired a new one, and we are seeing the same old problems from the same old players

We are no better than last year, not really any worse, just the same shit as last year repeated this year

Can't be the coach because it was the same under WB last year

AS has made some player changes this year, and he needs to make a few key ones in the off season, and maybe we have hope for next year

2018 and 2019 could be turned into a documentary movie that players determine the outcome more than the coach

The only reason shit teams sack coaches instead of half the playing group is because you can't sack half the playing group and change has to happen so the coach falls

Last edited:
I'm not sure how they stop it and how they could prove they pre arranged to do it.
The Fox broadcast mentioned Farah and Gallen had talked about it at breakfast Saturday morning. Captain discussing it with a senior player from the other team, even in jest, is enough to see them hang.

Surely for even the coaches sake SoS comes straight back into this side next week.
How he wasn’t in this week amazes me. If he isn’t named this week I’m pretty confident that he has made it clear he doesn’t want to stick around.

The dumb part is the kicks are so deep there is no pressure . He may as well make them 10 mtrs shorter so we can chase it because the fullback runs it that far anyway.
Agreed.
There also needs to be a variety of kicks i.e. if not in prime field position then the kick needs to be longer and in space between the backs.
This also comes back to our current crop who can't kick, no ideal half to mix it up.

We sacked our coach, hired a new one, and we are seeing the same old problems from the same old players

We are no better than last year, not really any worse, just the same shit as last year repeated this year

AS has made some player changes this year, and he needs to make a few key ones in the off season, and maybe we have hope for next year

2018 and 2019 could be turned into a documentary movie that players determine the outcome more than the coach

The only reason shit teams sack coaches instead of half the playing group is because you can't sack half the playing group and change has to happen so the coach falls

Not really any worse than last year? Mate with all due respect that’s just fucking idiotic and I’ll find it really hard to take anything you say seriously if you truly believe that.

I disagree with the coach's part, the end result might be similar but at least we could construct a set regularly. We look so disjointed it's painful to watch.

You left out 2010.
Thanks for that Jimmy, I did forget about that non playoff year with Henjak at the helm. 2019 was the fourth worst regular season in their history. I'm banking that Seibs doesn't last much longer than Ivan. Both have stunk up the coaching position and brought this club down to mortal status.

I really don't want to sit through another game like last night, I've had my fill, which is really disappointing to say.

Honestly, if by some 'miracle' we get knocked out by a draw today then a piece of me will be relieved that the season is over, there will be no question that this season has been a failure, we will need to look a lot deeper at things over the off season and changes will need to be made.

I need to stop posting straight after a dissapointing loss, bloody emotions cloud my logic 🤣

The Bulldogs just outplayed us. Their defence was far superior and it frustrated the hell out of our clunky attack. They were aggressive and looked to move the ball with enterprising footy right from the opening kick off. They gave their fans a performance to proud of and we just didn't answer the challenge.

I wouldn't be surprised if a much more committed Broncos side shows up next week and we knock off Parra. Then we will all be singing a different tune, myself included.

I'm still not sure if we will progress much further than week 2 but hey, atleast we will not match up against Melbourne in the pre-lim if we make it that far. It's finals footy....anything can happen!

Active Now

• barker
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Griffo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.