Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

That was our chance to show we weren't pushovers, could've been facing Manly without Turbo, Sironen, Taupau or Thompson, instead we'll be playing a nearly full strength Parra at Bankwest.

I'll be placing a reasonably large bet on Parra (-20.0) once the betting opens on Sportsbet.

We need to sign a half in the off season to play with Dearden. The club obviously has no faith in SOS and Paix isn't ready, so we need someone like Foran to come in for a year or two. If we run out with Boyd at 5/8 and Macca at hooker next year god help us. If Turpin is anywhere near the halves I'll vomit.

Imagine if SoS had this whole season to develop his game in first grade. Instead of the handful of fill in games. It’s idiotic to play 3 hookers in the team week in week out.

Our season is done. There won't be a draw tomorrow, but I give us zero chance against the Eels. I'll be happy if we're within 12 points. Too many guys trying too hard because we have zero structure.

I'm prepared to give Seibs the off-season. He's had a LOT to contend with this year, and as a pretty green coach himself, it would have been tough.

HOWEVER.
If we turn up with the same shitty selections, the same complete lack of game plan, the same shitty one-out running, the SAME FUCKING SHIT as this year, I will lose all faith.

#1 is building structures. #2 is building mental fortitude. #3 and the rest follow from there. I believe Seibs is smart enough to make that happen, and I think a lot of what's happened this year is a function of the youthful team and the experienced players shitting the bed, hence giving him the off-season.

We have so much potential, but without a solid structure - and actual halves - we're just wasting that potential and it shits me soooo much.

Also **** the Sydney-centric NRL, **** Fox, and **** the constant anti-Broncos bias. It's sickening.

At least Seibold can use this game to make some adjustments to the spine. If he sticks to this spine for next week, he needs to be punted.

We have been saying that for weeks. Still no punt.....

Pathetic.............we don't deserve to be in the finals.

I've been pretty patient with Seibs but fark me I'm done with the one out dumb unimaginative grind fest of a gameplan and the bomb on the last hoping the opposition make errors.

I'm writing off next year too at this stage. We haven't learned a thing all season. We run one out. No support runners. Half the team playing out of position. Wingers that cannot defend.

All throughout the game I thought to myself, how good would it be if Broncos recruited Lachlan Lewis to the team. Still young and flawed, but his raw natural talents as a half-back is undeniable.

***** sake.

I know the Dogs had a good run leading up to this game but it seems we always play down to the level of the opposition and get beat.

Well, let' see if the Tigers/Sharks fix the game tomorrow.
We played well below their level

There was only one team playing football tonight

I honestly believe ennis would be a good coach
Jokes aside, so do I. He's obviously not ready to be a head coach but I think he'd be great as an assistant coach. I absolutely love that he's not afraid to disagree and that is exactly what brings success and a strong culture. Not everyone gently nodding along in agreement even when things are obviously wrong.

Our season is done. There won't be a draw tomorrow, but I give us zero chance against the Eels. I'll be happy if we're within 12 points. Too many guys trying too hard because we have zero structure.

I'm prepared to give Seibs the off-season. He's had a LOT to contend with this year, and as a pretty green coach himself, it would have been tough.

HOWEVER.
If we turn up with the same shitty selections, the same complete lack of game plan, the same shitty one-out running, the SAME FUCKING SHIT as this year, I will lose all faith.

#1 is building structures. #2 is building mental fortitude. #3 and the rest follow from there. I believe Seibs is smart enough to make that happen, and I think a lot of what's happened this year is a function of the youthful team and the experienced players shitting the bed, hence giving him the off-season.

We have so much potential, but without a solid structure - and actual halves - we're just wasting that potential and it shits me soooo much.

Also **** the Sydney-centric NRL, **** Fox, and **** the constant anti-Broncos bias. It's sickening.

To be honest, if we couldn't build any structure over the last 30 weeks or whatever, I don't see how it'll happen during a much shorter NRL pre-season with almost no actual games.
I can't imagine a 19 year old half fixing it either.

Last edited:
All throughout the game I thought to myself, how good would it be if Broncos recruited Lachlan Lewis to the team. Still young and flawed, but his raw natural talents as a half-back is undeniable.

Foran is on the market. The dogs want to get rid of him and we have the cap space if we flick some one like Oates. Seriously, Oates probably deserves to be dropped on form and we have Coates and Farn coming through, why would we rush to sign him instead of getting in a proper half who can actually make use of our dominant forward pack? It's just dumb if we give Oates a big deal.

EDIT: Or we can make room for Holmes (by flicking Oates and Glenn and not playing Boyd next year so he can't activate his renewal for the year after. Gillett will probably retire if the club asks him too as well) and put Milf back in the halves with Dearden. If Milf is still average next year I'd offer him a severely reduced deal and go after another 5/8 if Paix is crap. This is the sort of thing the rorters would do.

Add Perese and Kennar to the wingers list.

Last edited:
Jokes aside, so do I. He's obviously not ready to be a head coach but I think he'd be great as an assistant coach. I absolutely love that he's not afraid to disagree and that is exactly what brings success and a strong culture. Not everyone gently nodding along in agreement even when things are obviously wrong.
Absolutely, he doesn’t care about people’s feelings he’s a giant pest but with a great work ethic and would most definitely just fucking drop you if you’re not up to scratch.

Imagine if SoS had this whole season to develop his game in first grade. Instead of the handful of fill in games. It’s idiotic to play 3 hookers in the team week in week out.

That's my 1# issue with this season, it's been a rebuilding year but we are not really any closer to having the 2020 spine sorted (surely it's not going to be Turpin and Boyd...).

Last edited:
That was our chance to show we weren't pushovers, could've been facing Manly without Turbo, Sironen, Taupau or Thompson, instead we'll be playing a nearly full strength Parra at Bankwest.

I'll be placing a reasonably large bet on Parra (-20.0) once the betting opens on Sportsbet.

Not only that, we could've used the week as extra motivation knowing if we win, probably be getting a revenge spot against Souths.
**** this club, they break my heart all the time.
Parra 13+ I'm with you

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • johnny plath
  • The Don
  • Xzei
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.