Round 25 Discussion

I wonder if the Sharks will rest a few tomorrow given that they probably can't get past the dogs or want to get past the dogs. If the lose to the Cows they can almost guarantee playing the Knights as opposed to the cows or warriors.

I wonder if the Sharks will rest a few tomorrow given that they probably can't get past the dogs or want to get past the dogs. If the lose to the Cows they can almost guarantee playing the Knights as opposed to the cows or warriors.

Hmm, interesting notion but then if they don't beat the Raiders next week they might not finish 6th. Not something that's too likely I admit but I don't think it's a risk worth taking. Probably easier to win tomorrow and then just tank against the Raiders.

Ideally the Cows will win and Carney will stink the place up.

Sharks are already on 30 and 3 points clear of 7th (knights). I don't think they would throw a game but if they have key players who could use a rest they may take the opportunity this week then and have all hands on deck for the final round going into the semis.
I know I'd rather play the Knights than Warriors or Cows.

Ah yes, I forgot The Knights had already won this week (selective amnesia).

I bet there are a few sides hoping the Warriors don't make the 8.

Cows and Sharks forwards clash will be epic. I hope the Cows come out hard and fast

That performance by Manly was nothing short of sensational. Melbourne obviously weren't at their best but Manly just simply destroyed them tonight all around the park not just on the right side. What a team

I even think DCE is a better player than Cooper Cronk, DCE has got a far better running game and has underrated strength and defense.

Yeah, I'd say DCE is probably better now. Cronk has done amazingly well to get to where he is, but DCE is pretty much a mini-Johns.

Todd Carney "out" with a "hamstring strain".

Good for the Cows!
I'm on their bandwagon until they either win it all or exit the comp, at which point the NRL will end for me in 2013.

Of the top 4 only one side was even remotely impressive this week and that was Manly, if they can get Watmough back in for the finals I honestly think they are the team to beat. Roosters and Rabbits are starting to struggle for week to week form and Storm were comprehensively beaten this week by Manly.

The question is, will Manly be able to keep that up? I haven't seen them play that well against quality opposition in a long time, on the flipside, I haven't seen the Storm play that poorly either.

Titans, Cowboys or Warriors folks? I prefer the Cowboys personally but the Warriors pose the more unpredictable wild card.

Of those 3 Warriors are most likely to cause an upset and the Cowboys are the type that now as they are playing well could go a little deeper and could beat anyone. With regard to Manly, they just look so battle hardened and are just playing such a strong attack, they literally are unstoppable at times with their shifts and it isn't just one side they are lethal down both flanks. Jorge Taufua has made more line breaks and scored the second most tries and Watmough is in the top 2 or 3 backrowers in the comp and they still flogged the Storm without them, they also lost Buhrer (not as big a deal) early in the game. I just cannot believe how good they are 1-17 compared to the rest of the comp when they are all fit, they would be on top of the comp had the Stewarts, Foran, Watmough and Matai not missed such big chunks of the season at different times.

They're a good team but I'm wary of those performances they had earlier in the season against the Rabbits and Roosters where they just looked a smidge inferior. They may have timed their run to perfection here and they certainly have the experience to win finals footy but whether they can produce that in September will be interesting. I personally can't see them replicating last night's performance, that was just one of those games and it was fun to watch even as an objective fan.

I don't know about that BK. They've actually had a fairly charmed run with injury Manly - their two big losses were B. Stewart/G. Stewart who missed six games each. That's fairly manageable.

The Cows should beat the Tigers next week and the other results won't matter, then they are a great chance of rolling the Dogs in week 1.

Manly can win it, no doubt but will need B Stewart and Watmeow. Cherry Evans is just in some type of form IMO he is the best half in the game right now.

Melb are still my favs to win, big moment players and a coach who keeps a little up his sleeve for the finals

Meanwhile in the Queensland Cup...

[video=youtube_share;ZAYZOgmt6GY]http://youtu.be/ZAYZOgmt6GY[/video]

Cheers ethos.

LOL WTF that touchie is blind :loool: :loool: :loool:

That one made Nine news. What an absolute shocker!

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • achievedrap
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • cento
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.