Saturday
3:00pm - Gold Coast Titans vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
5:30pm - Melbourne Storm vs South Sydney Rabbitohs
7:30pm - Cronulla Sharks vs Sydney Roosters

Sunday
2:00pm - Warriors vs Manly Sea Eagles
4:00pm - Penrith Panthers vs St George Illawarra Dragons

This'll be a tasty round.

So tonight we've got the Raiders taking on the Knights. Newcastle will be without Brock Lamb who was starting to find some form after a horrific year but welcome back livewire fullback Nathan Ross.

I reckon the Knights can take a lot of stock out of their finish to the season and if they can somehow manage to win their final two games and avoid the spoon it would do wonders for the club moving forward.

On the other hand, Canberra have to play like their lives depend on it. They need to think defend first, let's get on top of this team physically and then look to run through them. Now more than ever they'll want to put in a good performance and give themselves every opportunity to beat Melbourne and give themselves every opportunity to usurp the Cowboys and the Sea Eagles on the ladder.

Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders beat the Storm at AAMI. Melbourne have been so good this year, they've got the luxury to rest their players a week out from the finals and get themselves right for the qualifier. I don't think it will be a walk in the park, but if Canberra can get off to a good start there, they'll get the Storm.

Of course it can all be to no avail if the Cowboys beat the Tigers tonight. The Tigers tend to push the Cowboys even under difficult circumstances and they're a better side now that they've got Cleary at the helm. Still, I believe this is the game where all the Cowboys hard work finally pays off, they'll book themselves a spot in the finals and look to give their fans something to smile about when they take on the out-of-sorts Broncos the week after.

I really like what Cleary has done with the Tigers. The one thing I couldn't work out with Taylor is why he was so hesitant with his reserve grade players. Sure, the Tigers weren't performing well there, but they had genuine prospects who were always going to get more out of the game than the players being named above them.

Players like Marsters, Eisenhuth & Twal have made positive contributions to the side and have helped the Tigers become a more competitive outfit. I'm not sure if all of them will go onto have big careers in the NRL, but their contributions shouldn't be ignored if the club does go onto achieve success.

It's been brewing for awhile. The Cowboys put in each and every week even though they're a wreck. Up against a team like the Tigers who have a knack for switching off (as they did) they were always going to get their just deserts.

Neil Henry definitely the problem... deadset
Whether the decision was right, won't be clear until next season. After the weeks they've had, the Tits won't put a decent performance together this season.

That last play the ball by Jackson leading to the repeat set, was absolutely ridiculous. How is that not a penalty?

And...Munster gets the ball kicked into his face out of his hands...and scores.

Seriously, out of all the legends of the game, even retirees who aren't legends, even retired villains, how on Earth does Blocker get a commentary gig?

Active Now

• The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.