Saturday
Night
19:35

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope so.

We have to be careful with this sort of thing though - Barba and Keary are perfect examples of guys who peaked young and although showed flashes, never quite got back to the same level as they showed early.

Funny game this one and it can change quickly

Barba has psychological problems .
Keary injuries and concussions .

It's not the best, but not too bad. If you're driving, bring cash for the parking ($10 - I don't think they take cards).
I’ve been to four games this year and it’s now card only! Canberra is back in the 2020s baby!

Agree that the stadium isn’t actually that bad, mostly the wind and if you’re sitting low in the lower bowl the view is rough. Just hard when you’re used to suncorp haha

This is going to be a frustrating and shit game to watch if the boys go easy in defense and the referee lets the Raiders niggle and slow the play the ball to a crawl.

The Raiders know if it's a fast game we will blow them away in attack so they are going to try everything to turn this into a grind.

While I love Oatsey, I'm never a fan of bringing players back from injuries without some gametime under their belts. A week in cup to get some minutes in his legs would be better than doing it in the NRL imo.

This is going to be a frustrating and shit game to watch if the boys go easy in defense and the referee lets the Raiders niggle and slow the play the ball to a crawl.

The Raiders know if it's a fast game we will blow them away in attack so they are going to try everything to turn this into a grind.
⬆️ Absolutely. Also, watch out for the Raiders fans be on the touchies ears all game for forward passes all game. Hope Billy & Tyson bring in their booking A game.

Also, fook head Rapna would do his customary knee job on our boys throughout the game only for the bunker & MRC to turn a blind eye. On the contrary, if Flegler/Riki/Capewells hands are anywhere near Raiders upper arms, will get penalized harshly.
I suspect that there would be way too many 6 agains against us.

Irrespective of all this, we will come on top & walk away with W.

While I love Oatsey, I'm never a fan of bringing players back from injuries without some gametime under their belts. A week in cup to get some minutes in his legs would be better than doing it in the NRL imo.

I agree, but I think the objective here is probably looking forward.

I think it's a great idea to use these remaining 2 games (which aren't particularly important) to get some fitness and gametime into Oatesy so that come finals time when it really matters, we have both him and Arthars fully fit, firing and ready to go.

Adam Reynolds:

“I will miss one or two games but in my mind I’m back for the semis. It’s not ideal being injured this close to the finals but it’s a good opportunity for Jock to get in there and get some combinations with the team. There is a chance I could be right to go next week if everything goes right with the rehab, my calf is already feeling a lot better than when I first did, so it shouldn’t be too much of an issue. Knowing the coaches, they will want me to sit out next week to be ready for the finals.”​

“We were doing a scrimmage at training last week, I just felt a pop in the calf. I walked off the field and knew it was something more than a strain. I got a scan and it wasn’t the best news, but it’s not the end of the world.”​

“I’m not sure if I'll be back for the Storm. I will see how it goes through the next week or so. I’m not under any pressure from the coaches to play. We’ll sit down and have a chat over the next week about the possibilities if I do or don’t play. It’s not the end of the world if I miss the Storm game, there is a bigger picture at the end of the tunnel and that’s the finals.”​

“I’m extremely confident I can play on another year after next. I’ve missed a few games this year with concussion, but there hasn’t been anything major with the body aside from a few niggles here and there. Every player that has played the game at the moment would have a few niggles. It’s a long season. That’s the plan to extend and go another season. The club is building towards something special and I want to be a part of it.”​

dont mind if they are wanting to be cautious its good they are thinking big picture beat canberra and home game is a lock and the storm game is of less importance

dont mind if they are wanting to be cautious its good they are thinking big picture beat canberra and home game is a lock and the storm game is of less importance
I concur that Adam shouldn’t be rushed when finals are around the corner. But the fact that our last regular season game is against the cheats & @Suncorp, I don’t want to take it easy at all. Want us to bash those grubs so hard and in the process deny them in being in the top 4.

I concur that Adam shouldn’t be rushed when finals are around the corner. But the fact that our last regular season game is against the cheats & @Suncorp, I don’t want to take it easy at all. Want us to bash those grubs so hard and in the process deny them in being in the top 4.
As long as we beat the Raiders, I don't think it matters whether we beat the Storm. Other than for the pleasure of seeing them beaten. We still finish 2nd, we still meet the Warriors (probably) in the first final, and we still meet the Storm again in the playoff. That's the one we need to win, so the most important thing in the next fortnight is not to rack up any injuries or suspensions.

But ****, I'd love to see us beat them twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Skathen
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Organix
  • Totally Unr3al
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.