Round 26 - Broncos vs. Bulldogs - Post Game Discussion

I have never disagreed with you before but with this I must, Thaiday had one nice quick in-ball but many of his passes were forward and luckily missed by the ref. especially that one where Hoff got floored. it was just lucky that the refs prioritised the high shot over the forward pass.

Yep. Like I said, it's good to see him expand his game, and even though his inside passes were actually great, the cut-out ones were shockers and his running game is useless. Promising signs that he's trying to improve (maybe), but he's got a long way to go, and I doubt he'll get there.

I have never disagreed with you before but with this I must, Thaiday had one nice quick in-ball but many of his passes were forward and luckily missed by the ref. especially that one where Hoff got floored. it was just lucky that the refs prioritised the high shot over the forward pass.

Maybe you misunderstood me or I put it poorly. I am saying that Thaiday has a very good passing game. It just hasn't been part of the game plan.

Yes, Parker was immense, yet I wish he would always look at pass as he hits the line rather than try to offload with 3 men all over him.

Yes, Parker was immense, yet I wish he would always look at pass as he hits the line rather than try to offload with 3 men all over him.

If he had proper support, the latter would be fantastic too. He sucks in 3 defenders, creates space around him and pops a pass to a running player in support.

We haven't really had one since Lockyer though.

Where the frick was that defensive effort over the last two weeks when we had everything to play for?

Be happy they didn't because, if we play finals footy, the shake up we need wouldn't be happening.

If he had proper support, the latter would be fantastic too. He sucks in 3 defenders, creates space around him and pops a pass to a running player in support.

We haven't really had one since Lockyer though.

Absolutely. Parker + support = line breaks all day, especially with someone like Barba trailing him

Last edited:
Anyone else think the Dogs weren't trying too hard? They were on their A game defensively but in attack they looked like they were just preserving their bodies. Either that or the Broncos finally learned how to tackle as a unit.

Absolutely. Parker + support = line breaks all day, especially with someone like Barba trailing him
If I were playing in this current Broncos side I would follow Parker around like a puppy and make a name for myself.

Anyone else think the Dogs weren't trying too hard? They were on their A game defensively but in attack they looked like they were just preserving their bodies. Either that or the Broncos finally learned how to tackle as a unit.

in attack it really looked like they werent trying.

they defended hard.

all of our tries came from kicks.

we sucked enthusiastically in attack and were very good in defense against a team that played rubbish ... a win is a win

I'm glad this season is over ... we need to cull

Lets hope the boys don't make headlines in the next week or so

Oink !

Add my thanks to Wally for all his gutbusting efforts over the years. He tried hard and if every one of his team mates had done the same we would likely have earned at least one premiership. Thanks Peter, hope you get to read this one day !

Well done to Princey too. 300 is a lot and not many will match you. Enjoy the next chapter.

Super effort from the journeyman Stagg, unfashionable but well appreciated. Well done champ.

Parker was Parker. Synonymous with excellence.

Finally, Uncle Toby....given me heart that not all is lost.

Great way to end the season.

Dogs didn't get off the plane, their points were coming from breaks up the middle but they kept going sideways, hard to understand from a side with such a big advantage up front. To the Broncos credit they showed plenty of spirit and kept turning up and they deserved the win, can't complain.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Skathen
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.