Round 26 - Broncos vs. Bulldogs - Post Game Discussion

That's probably why he was hooked, to give the guy leaving the club a bit of a fair well.

I guess I'm just an asshole then, I would've much rathered give Hunt the experience in a clutch situation to see if he could handle it than give it to a guy who won't be here next season.

Did you hear P Gould wrapping Maranta. Maybe we could swap him for someone at Penrith. Maybe Soward. ( settle down it's a joke)

We threw the ball around a lot more it seemed. That is a good sign, and I still maintain that Thaiday is best at being played more as a ball distributor than a useless prop, maybe more a Glen Stewart role after he loses 10 kgs.

With ball playing forwards up the middle (Parker, Hannant and McGuire) and Thaiday fixing the focus behind the ruck with support on the edges, Barba loitering with intent around ball carriers .... Hunt progressively cooling it a bit and working on his vision .... next season looks very positive for mine.

Our biggest problems still remain to be sorted though: Poor defensive line structures (the speed off the mark was a big improvement last night) and sloppy set plays - our left side was overcrowded, but when it works it is deadly

I want to see Oates stay on the wing with Kahu in the centres. Oates out wide is a gift horse and so good to see Glenn's running game return.

Nevertheless, as Hasler said correctly, we had enough ball to win 4 games

Last edited:
Maranta actually showed me he will be a solid FB in QCup and a good emergencyfill in. He actually showed for about 30 seconds that he has a bit of flair.

I thought Hook did exactly the right thing replacing Hunt with Wal. What we needed at that point in the game was strong organisation and to get inside 20 which is what Wal does well.
Good to see Hook reading the game and making something happen as opposed to removing Macca last week when he was destroying the Knights.

I reckon Hook wanted to get Wal on the field for his farewell as much as anything else.

Hook still can't coach a team to improvise around the situation at hand - our left side was overcrowded and the plays kept breaking down

When Hunt went off I thought, at the ground, he looked like he was in a little pain. Could be wrong but that's what I thought at the time and haven't seen a replay yet.

Maranta actually showed me he will be a solid FB in QCup and a good emergencyfill in. He actually showed for about 30 seconds that he has a bit of flair.

Ironically, because he is so slow, he can run the second man play effectively.

Hoffy gets ahead of himself in that regard.

Maranta getting comically held up over the line, again. Oh boy.

Other than that, a good effort from the Broncos to stick it out. Bulldogs had nothing to play for though and were bloody rusty.

I love the way the Dogs play footy under Hasler. I wish Griffin could devise a gameplan that suited out strengths (mobile forwards offloading all the time?)

The individual elements at the moment are broken for the Dogs, but every time their forwards hit the line you don't know whether they are going to hit or pass. Would be a nightmare to defend. Graham is bloody brilliant. England have a pretty friggin good shot at the World Cup if their squad keeps firing.

Without finals, it's a nice to get a win to finish the season.

Congrats to Prince on a wonderful career, 300 games, clive churchill medallist, gf winner, played for qld and aus, played for all 3 qld sides, can't complain about that! He probably would've reached 350 had he not had the injury demons he did.

When Hunt went off I thought, at the ground, he looked like he was in a little pain. Could be wrong but that's what I thought at the time and haven't seen a replay yet.

Purely to give Wallace the last 5 minutes in a dead rubber game.

@Mr Fourex: Your mate Peter Wallace put in the kick that lead to the winning try, got anything to say buddy. Was thinking of you when it happened btw.

Happened right in front of me Bman .......I cheered

for the try scorer.

Bye bye Peter ...........

Did you hear P Gould wrapping Maranta. Maybe we could swap him for someone at Penrith. Maybe Soward. ( settle down it's a joke)

haha gould always gets over excited when he comes to suncorp. he kept going on about it being a finals quality game. come on it was nothing of the sort.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • PETERN
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Tmac
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • porouian
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Allo
  • rj9
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.