Round 26 - Broncos vs. Bulldogs - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrMoore

MrMoore

NRL Player
Jul 27, 2011
If Wallace does a lap of honor he deserves to be applauded of the field as he has given his all for us.

Be interesting to get Mr Fourex's insight :001_tt2:

Maybe he will personally roll him a red carpet around the grounds.....all the way to Brisbane airport.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Cullen has played hooker through out the year. However, he's been starring in the halves for the Dolphins.

I wouldn't have been against giving him a go off the bench as a reward for his form. It wouldn't make much difference in the scheme of things and would have been a pretty bad way to farewell Wallace but as a fan I want players to be held accountable for last week's performance.

He's filled in at times in the 9 but not to any large extent and certainly not to being deemed a NRL 9.

Starring is a big call, if they had players starring they wouldn't be on Mad Monday right now and sacking a coach.

Bennett was quite angry last week at the Broncos' treatment of Wallace.

It wouldn't achieve anything to drop him now. Cullen hasn't been deemed good enough all year, 7 minutes off the bench on Thursday wouldn't achieve anything.

Last edited:
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
If Wallace does a lap of honor he deserves to be applauded of the field as he has given his all for us.

Be interesting to get Mr Fourex's insight :001_tt2:

As good fortune would have it Bman....I'll be attending Thursday nights game and it certainly will be a treat if Peter does a lap of "honour"

I can't decide on rotten eggs or the old half full Ice Break I've got percolating in my car.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
He's filled in at times in the 9 but not to any large extent and certainly not to being deemed a NRL 9.

Cullen hasn't just filled in, he's made a genuine impact in the 9 position.

Starring is a big call, if they had players starring they wouldn't be on Mad Monday right now and sacking a coach.

Semantics. Point was, he's played well for the Dolphins and made a positive difference.

??? Ok...

It wouldn't achieve anything to drop him now. Cullen hasn't been deemed good enough all year, 7 minutes off the bench on Thursday wouldn't achieve anything.

I understand the situation. However, Wallace has been poor everytime he's played at 9 and the idea of giving Cullen an opportunity in a match that means nothing does sound appealing to me. If you're going to blood players this is the type of game to do it.

From my perspective, I want players to be held accountable for poor performances. I don't think Brisbane lose much if anything by dropping Wallace.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

What's Bennett got to do with this? I'm sure a number of people didn't like the treatment of Wallace. I know a number of people who haven't liked the treatment of Coote.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Cullen is a half, WTF is the point in playing him in the bench hooker role?

His strength since he arrived at Dolphin Oval has been his running game and willingness to take on the line. Would have nowhere near the same impact off the bench as hooker.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Cullen is a half, WTF is the point in playing him in the bench hooker role?

...who can also play hooker and has done so this season.

He isn't going to play but my point was that I wouldn't mind giving him the opportunity after the season he's had. The way I see it, Wallace adds nothing off the bench, infact he's sometimes been a negative when he has come on and I'd like to see an alternative given a go. With Granville busy, Baptiste injured that leaves Cullen. Even then, Cullen doesn't necessarily have to play at dummy half - he could play in the halves with Hunt shifting to hooker if need be.

Crazier things have happened. We did play Capewell as our bench hooker at one stage...

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
...who can also play hooker and has done so this season.

He isn't going to play but my point was that I wouldn't mind giving him the opportunity after the season he's had. The way I see it, Wallace adds nothing off the bench, infact he's sometimes been a negative when he has come on and I'd like to see an alternative given a go. With Granville busy, Baptiste injured that leaves Cullen. Even then, Cullen doesn't necessarily have to play at dummy half - he could play in the halves with Hunt shifting to hooker if need be.

Crazier things have happened. We did play Capewell as our bench hooker at one stage...

We know he can play hooker he has for the Broncos and Qld but your reason for picking him which is his form over the last 2 months has been at 6. So you want him at 9?

Before the last couple of weeks he wasn't playing anywhere near as well. Why move him for the sake of 7 minutes.

He was not starring at hooker, that's completely untrue.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Last I'm going to say on it because it's clear that posters can only argue in circles.

We know he can play hooker he has for the Broncos and Qld but your reason for picking him which is his form over the last 2 months has been at 6. So you want him at 9?

Form across the season, not just the past two months.

I also said he could play in the halves and outlined a possible way.

He was not starring at hooker, that's completely untrue.

??? never said this.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
This is one game in particular where we need to give the 'Dogs a bit of curry

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Last I'm going to say on it because it's clear that posters can only argue in circles.

Form across the season, not just the past two months.

I also said he could play in the halves and outlined a possible way.

??? never said this.

No one is going in circles, I think you've made some statements without having watched him much if at all.

Sorry genuine impact not starring- he's starred at 6 apparently.

So the whole season has been high quality- I find this claim just ridiculous, he started in 20's being shifted from bench to half then went to Qld Cup in July and has played well at the end of the season in the halves.

His form for Reddy is the reason he is getting wraps and being noticed now, his form pre-July was average. So much so that as I read the NYC thread you bag him and say he isn't a hooker.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
You've made your point however this...

So much so that as I read the NYC thread you bag him and say he isn't a hooker.

Is a flat out lie.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
Positives:
-The game is on Thursday so I won't have to watch Roosters/Rabbitohs on delay on Friday.
-End of the worst year in the club's history

Negatives
-Everything else.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
You've made your point however this...

Is a flat out lie.

Well no it's not, in several posts you bag his passing and defence and say he's not an NRL half as well- now you want him as a NRL half/hooker.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The majority of my posts were spent praising Cullen and only talking him down as a full-time NRL half. I never said anything about him not being a hooker, that's a lie.

Move on.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
There is not much to be gained by dropping Wallace for this game to blood someone who may or may not be out of position. Wallace has let us down this year but there is no need to spit in his face in a dead rubber match. If he was to be dropped from the 17 it needed to be done the same week Hunt replaced him as the no. 7

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Wally hasn't let us down. Griffin has for NOT coaching plays to use what Wallace has to offer which is still a lot more than he gets credit.

You do NOT coach a flat line (sic) attacking formation with a slow half like Wallace - you compensate, and the same goes for Macca

If Bellamy had Wallace and Macca they would be so much better at what they are supposed to do because they would have a lot more room to move and have support running from much deeper

Griffin's greatest failure is that he hasn't learned how to build on his players strengths and minimize their weaknesses. He has simply moved his QCup style into 1st grade.

Our position on the table reflects that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Culhwch
  • jd87
  • Santa
  • Broncs1459
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.