Round 26 - Broncos vs. Bulldogs - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Rna, i dont think anyone is looking for another Wallace is good/bad its Griffin's fault type thread.

My point is that he should get the chance to play this week as his final game as a Bronco, he has earnt that much. I'm sure after his many years here he has made many friends within the playing group who are also looking forward to playing in his last game. It would be a slap in the face and a mood killer to all if he was dropped for someone like Cullen which was suggested.

This is not the game to blood a new player by chucking them on the bench potentially out of position. We have an off season and trials for that coming up over the next 6 months.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Rna, i dont think anyone is looking for another Wallace is good/bad its Griffin's fault type thread.

My point is that he should get the chance to play this week as his final game as a Bronco, he has earnt that much. I'm sure after his many years here he has made many friends within the playing group who are also looking forward to playing in his last game. It would be a slap in the face and a mood killer to all if he was dropped for someone like Cullen which was suggested.

This is not the game to blood a new player by chucking them on the bench potentially out of position. We have an off season and trials for that coming up over the next 6 months.

I was simply responding to your comment that Wallace has let us down

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I was simply responding to your comment that Wallace has let us down

Fine, and i think he has done regardless of Griffin.

I'm not sure why you couldnt see that the main point of the last few posts was should wallace be replaced. There are other threads for your enthusiastic thoughts on Griffins coaching.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Fine, and i think he has done regardless of Griffin.

I'm not sure why you couldnt see that the main point of the last few posts was should wallace be replaced. There are other threads for your enthusiastic thoughts on Griffins coaching.

We obviously agree to disagree.

This whole thread has been mainly about Wallace, not just the last few posts, and one of my first posts was to name a team with Wallace at 7 and marked as "it is his farewell" which means IMO he should be there, or are we so callous as to drop him, especially when we are 13th and will stay there irrespective?

My observations on the relationship between Wallace and Griffin are IMO relevant for this thread as obviously, both will affect the outcome of the game

As far as Griffin's coaching is concerned, enough is insufficient when it comes to raising his negative impact on this team

Last edited:
Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Ben Barba wasn't named in the Bulldogs team.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
...but apparently flew with the team.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
I can picture the away supporters section booing the shit out of him.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
what about the Home supporters

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Barba deserves to be booed like any other Bulldogs player

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Barba deserves to be booed like any other Bulldogs player

Why, he'll be our best player on the field.

I still can't believe they are playing him. That's bullshit after what they have done

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

I still can't believe they are playing him. That's bull**** after what they have done

Maybe politically so to speak, it's a good thing for Barba (and his future) ?

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013

I still can't believe they are playing him. That's bullshit after what they have done

I'm glad he is playing, kind of takes away from the people saying he should be stood down by us etc. If the Bulldogs have played him sure as hell means we should not have any dramas playing him next season.

I agree its strange that the bulldogs have rushed him back after everything that has happened though if the media is to be believed.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
If we can't win tonight then we truly are a second rate side. I get the feeling the boys will come out to try and prove a point and they should be able to beat a misfiring Dogs who probably would rather finish 6th anyway and play the Knights. It could be a bizarre final rnd with the Sharks and the Dogs jostling to finish lower than each other.

I'm taking an all up Broncos into Canberra.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
i really cant see us winning. the dogs have been pretty average but they've got points in them and only need a good 20 mins to put on 4 or 5 tries. i dont see how anything changes for us this week. usual solid start but we'll fade out. unless the refs are very kind to us, we're not much show.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I'm just looking forward to the Barba vs Hoffman spectacle. Both are going to give it 110%, and both are competing for the one jumper next year.

Oh, and another shout out to Prince. I'm hoping to be able to push a bunch of kids out of the way to make it to the sideline and shake his hand on his lap of honour.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
someone reckons 4bc radio just said that barba just flew back to sydney... dont know if he's making that up, he reckons he's not.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I heard it too in the sports news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Lostboy
  • Tim K
  • Jazza
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Stix
  • Dash
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
  • lakers133334
  • Manlyman
  • winslow_wong
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.