Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
With NQ losing, the only way we don't play the Cowboys at Suncorp is if the Roosters lose.

I would love to beat the Storm, see the Rabbits beat the Roosters and play the Sharks in week 1. I just can't see their attack throwing anything at us we can't handle.

Highly unlikely Souths mange a win though, so I wonder if Bennett rests a few for the Storm game.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd rather play the Sharks than the Cowboys, but I'd also rather play the Cowboys (without Morgan/Tamou) than the Bulldogs should they make the top 4.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I'd rather play the Sharks than the Cowboys, but I'd also rather play the Cowboys (without Morgan/Tamou) than the Bulldogs should they make the top 4.

The Dogs were far from convincing tonight. If anything they left themselves pretty exposed. Also they lose Hodgkinson to injury

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah the imbecile will be back for the Dogs you would imagine, so their chances of finishing 4th plummet. Manly are shot though, so the Sharks should win that one. Hopefully they can make it 3 from 3 against the Chooks in round 1.

AceAv

AceAv

BRL Player
Apr 3, 2014
Totally fine for a 2d place finish. I see us beating storm, but expect just as high a contest as the roosters game.

Ideally it wouldn't be a travesty to lose and then let the storm and roosters tear eachothers throats out, but we would be relying on a Manly side that's already organised their holidays... Happy to see sharks take on rooster's.. They could surprise a few come finals time...

Going to be an interesting game I think and probably low scoring...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
This is a grand final preview IMO

Nope. The Storm might have beaten the Cows but they realistically should have done it handily considering the outs that the Cows have

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Nope. The Storm might have beaten the Cows but they realistically should have done it handily considering the outs that the Cows have

Can't write them off because of that. I can see them grinding a few teams into the turf and making the GF.

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Can't write them off because of that. I can see them grinding a few teams into the turf and making the GF.

Nothing is impossible in the NRL but if they fail to make 4th, you can categorically write them off.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I'd be bringing maranta in to start for this game. He's a safe player. . We need safe against melbourne

Last edited:
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
It's funny you should say that. Sportsbet have Maranta at shortest odds for first try scorer. Has it even been confirmed he's playing?

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
This game will really test our come to me defence. Cronk and Smith just may pin us in our 20 and make us pay. It will be interesting to see if Bennett can change things up in D or we stick with how we have played all year.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Kevin Walters said on radio on Saturday that Milford has been given a licence to roam ... he's been taken off his leash.

Given how he performed against Souths, it appears to be a good ploy.

I think it also says a lot about how we'll be playing in the coming weeks.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Kevin Walters said on radio on Saturday that Milford has been given a licence to roam ... he's been taken off his leash.

Given how he performed against Souths, it appears to be a good ploy.

I think it also says a lot about how we'll be playing in the coming weeks.

So what did being on the leash involve? Just practicing defending and kicking for opportunities? If Milf has been coasting this entire time, I can't wait to see what he does on the big stage of finals.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
So what did being on the leash involve? Just practicing defending and kicking for opportunities? If Milf has been coasting this entire time, I can't wait to see what he does on the big stage of finals.

Learning structures and how to control a game really. Stick to that and the opportunities will present themselves later in the game.

Our halves have been learning the balance all year round. I think they're at a point now where they will start making bettet decisions at the right times as we saw them do against souths.

Mosyzlak

Mosyzlak

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2013
Probably sticking to structure and learning the timing of the plays and proving he can throw the right pass at the right time in a real game. I think I'll be on the edge of the seat every time Blair rolls forward now!

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Bucking Beads
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.