Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The problem with Oates in the second row is that you need somebody there that can protect Milford.

Which is why I agree with a lot of SF's side, except I think Oates deserves to retain his place starting on the wing.

Perhaps Wayne will give Maranta a shot off the bench, but I'd probably go with Molo, with the idea that Blair could switch to the fringe if need be.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
The problem with Oates in the second row is that you need somebody there that can protect Milford.

Which is why I agree with a lot of SF's side, except I think Oates deserves to retain his place starting on the wing.

Perhaps Wayne will give Maranta a shot off the bench, but I'd probably go with Molo, with the idea that Blair could switch to the fringe if need be.

Wouldn't you have Thaiday move to the fringe instead of Blair? ?

I can see Blair being told to reduce hitups to compensate an 80min defensive effort, and therefore seeing Wallace start, dodds, molo molo or offa (whoever gets picked) to step up their carries.

We have a really interchangeable forward pack. It's multidimensional. Guys switching between positions throughout the game from front to back row. Bennetts balancing the bench has been stella all year

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Wouldn't you have Thaiday move to the fringe instead of Blair? ?

I would, which is what I meant by agreeing with SF's side.

Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges ©
5. Lachlan Maranta
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Sam Thaiday
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Jarrod Wallace
12. Matt Gillett
13. Corey Parker
Interchange:
14. David Stagg
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Joe Ofahengaue
17. Kodi Nikorima

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I can't say I'm surprised he picked Stagg.

It will be his last game for the club unless there are injuries. Give him a farewell game.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Nice to see Staggy get a final farewell.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
It took me a while to see Kahu is out..

Injured?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Probably a break and give Maranta a run, Bennett will be looking for the ideal lineup for our first round of finals.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Fucking stoked Staggy made the bench for one final home game. Can definitely see Thaiday and Wallace swapping positions even though Wallace is named at 11 and Thaiday at 8. Kahu might be carrying a niggling injury and Bennett wants him to rest up.

Tera

Tera

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2014
Think it's a great move by Bennett to give Stagg a final run.

Hodges' and Stagg's final home regular season game will have the boys pumped up.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I actually predicted that Stagg would get a farewell game in the "Do we rest players?" thread, that's a class move from Bennett imo, welll deserved send off for him.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Kahu not named to "rest some bumps and bruises" according to Broncos.com.au

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Fair enough and our current leading tryscorer coming into the side is hardly a loss lol. I don't think anyone could have predicted he would achieve that. He's come a long way Maranta, copped a lot from fans alike but you can't dispute his heart or determination to improve.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
In Staggs earlier appearance for the Broncos he played very well and I'd expect the same again. It's good to see a loyal servant rewarded. It is easy to imagine him getting another game should any injuries happen.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
Stoked to see Staggy get a farewell game at Suncorp, even though he was away for a while, he deserves recognition for his service at the Broncos!

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Taylor in for Hunt.

[h=1]Young Gun To Cover Hunt[/h]Wed 2nd September, 10:38AMA A

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos will have a debutant against the Melbourne Storm tomorrow night after Ben Hunt was left out of the team today.
Hunt suffered a deep muscle bruise to his thigh at training on Monday, and coach Wayne Bennett decided today not to risk him.
He will hand under-20s halfback Ashley Taylor his first NRL jersey.
Taylor will go straight into the halfback position where he knows his job well, having played for the Junior Kangaroos this year.
“Ben picked up a cork (injury) at training on Monday,” said Bennett this morning.
“Ashley has all the skill set, so it is just a matter of letting him get out there and play."
Meanwhile, Lachlan Maranta gets a chance to raise his bid for inclusion in the NRL finals.Maranta will start on the right wing at Suncorp Stadium after Broncos’ coach Wayne Bennett confirmed this morning that Jordan Kahu would be rested.
Maranta has had a super season, scoring 15 tries in 19 matches.
But Bennett’s ability to mix and match according to who the Broncos are playing has cost Maranta the last two matches, after the size of Corey Oates was preferred.
However Maranta will get an opportunity to remind people about his finishing ability and safety under the high ball against the Storm.
Kahu is expected to be back for the finals after being left out to let some minor bumps and bruises heal.
As named yesterday, Jarrod Wallace will start in the forward pack for the suspended Alex Glenn, with tackling tyro David Stagg brought onto the bench.
The match will be Stagg’s last official home game at Suncorp Stadium, and honour he will share with retiring captain Justin Hodges.
A ceremony will be held to mark the occasion after the fulltime siren, with the crowd invited down onto the Suncorp Stadium playing surface to take part.
For the Storm, Tim Glasby and Jordan McLean swap between the bench and front row in an otherwise unchanged team from Saturday’s eight-point win over North Queensland.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bronx48
  • Scdeac
  • Accept
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.