Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If Kodi plays at 7, who comes into the utility role?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Also, how did Parcell fall so quickly out of favour...

A shuffle of Kodi to 7 and Parcell to 17 (utility bench) might have worked OK?

Notwithstanding what I said above (!!) if we've backed Kodi as the long term back up half over Jayden and Taylor then surely this is the time to give him a crack.

He didn't fall out of favour.

He can't be used anymore. Second tier cap rubbish.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
What's the point in playing Taylor now that he's leaving? Surely it'd make more sense to play Kodi in the halves or something.

The agenda-driven part of me hopes that Bennett knows he's not ready, and is using this as a "this is why we let him leave" exhibition. But I think with the alternative being Kodi in the halves and McCullough to play 80, I don't think it would be smart to wear down Macca with the finals looming.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Isn't Taylor supposed to be in the Broncos Top 25 as well?

He isn't listed there in the NRL Season Guide, but I remember the CM reporting that once he signed his three year deal, it would make him a Top 25 player.

I think he's on a hiding to nothing, but the petty person in me is glad he made his debut at the Broncos. It annoys me when the media acts as if the only the club that debuted the player is the one that developed them. Hodkinson will always be a Parramatta junior to me, Hastings a Dragon, Guerra a Storm, Ryan James a Storm etc. etc.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Let's see what Taylor can do. At least he won't be an unknown commodity at first grade level if the worst case scenario happens and we lose our first choice halves in the finals.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
On the positive side, at least this game doesn't count anymore.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Isn't Taylor supposed to be in the Broncos Top 25 as well?

He isn't listed there in the NRL Season Guide, but I remember the CM reporting that once he signed his three year deal, it would make him a Top 25 player.

I think he's on a hiding to nothing, but the petty person in me is glad he made his debut at the Broncos. It annoys me when the media acts as if the only the club that debuted the player is the one that developed them. Hodkinson will always be a Parramatta junior to me, Hastings a Dragon, Guerra a Storm, Ryan James a Storm etc. etc.

Even Hodges is a roosters junior based on their logic.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm not as confident of a win now that Hunt is out ... he's been massive for us of late.

Taylor can play the house down and it won't matter jack shit ... he won't be there after tomorrow night and he won't be here next year, so it's really a nothing move.

Anyway, still hoping we win to put a little pressure on the chooks to win their game to claim the minor premiership.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Still, the faith Bennett is showing in him now, might help him come back in the future if we end up needing him.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Maybe Taylor plays so well, Hunt can't make it back in the team?

It was nice knowing you, Hunt!

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Decent of Bennett to hand the kid his first grade jumper when he easily could have got someone like Nikorima or Kahu to fill in for the halves. Shows you that he wants players playing their position in games now so hopefully we don't see Glenn at halfback, Gillett at 5/8 etc anymore. With Hunt out, Milford will have to burden a lot of the playmaking duties and McCullough will need to order the team around a lot more. Heres to a good debut by the kid to show the comp our production line is one of the best.

redbur95

redbur95

QCup Player
Feb 17, 2013
Decent of Bennett to hand the kid his first grade jumper when he easily could have got someone like Nikorima or Kahu to fill in for the halves. Shows you that he wants players playing their position in games now so hopefully we don't see Glenn at halfback, Gillett at 5/8 etc anymore. With Hunt out, Milford will have to burden a lot of the playmaking duties and McCullough will need to order the team around a lot more. Heres to a good debut by the kid to show the comp our production line is one of the best.

Looking at our squad, I think Vidot, Reed, Milford, Blair, Gavet and Parcell are the only players who weren't brought up in the Broncos junior system/U20's (open to corrections).

It's ridiculous that people criticise the Broncos for 'stealing' Milford when most of our squad is home-produced. When we sign a great half, it's stealing, but when other clubs sign a great player, e.g. RTS to Warriors, it's just a great signing. I don't disagree that Brisbane should be producing plenty of quality juniors themselves, but the fact is that it has happened, it is happening and it will continue to happen.

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Reeeaaallly worried about this game now.

I can see us losing this one by a margin without our half back.

Milford is good but he isn't at the point where he can game manage.

I'm hoping melbourne don't smash us and put a dent in our momentum. That could be disastrous!

Given Milford is without reliable glenn, and Taylor being on first grade debut, this game against players like cronk and Smith, i can see us leaking a lot of tries and it blowing out at the back end. ..

Storm will have all the field position if our structures aren't executed (rookie half possibly fatigued from increased defensive work). . We will actually see the value in hunt's clearing kicking game if Taylors fails to live up on the big stage. .(Wouldn't that be an ironic switch up)

As i said, worried about this game. ...

Has the potential to be like round 1. Mammoth test for Milford to step up

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
There are things Hunt lacks that Taylor is good at. That's the good thing about him. He's not just some average half from the reserve grade, he is a very talented one.

The problem is his defence. It's shocking at times. And the pressure could get to him.

Hopefully he hits the ground running. But I have my doubts.

He would be a good partner for Milford if he goes well.

Last edited:
Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Isn't it awesome at this stage of the season that we can rest a key member of the side with a slight injury, not fight a charge of an inform backrower to clear carryover points and rest a winger who scored a double the week before?

It makes a nice change to having to win in the last round and then when we don't rely on at least 2 teams to lose and one of them by a certain margin.

This is the one thing I was worried about, a key injury to our halves in the finals. Melbourne have it all to play for, so it will be great to see how Taylor handles the pressure. I don't expect him to play a full 80 mins at half as I think Bennett will want to give Nikorima a shot there at some stage (in case he has to replace a half in the finals).

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Alec
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Spooky1013
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • broncs30
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.