Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Guess we're giving up on the minor premiership, let's see what Taylor can do. It's going to feel good and bad simultaneously if he has a blinder.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
There will be a lot of 'i told you so's' flying around on Friday.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
He'll get a lot of traffic running at him, you would expect.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm looking forward to seeing Taylor get a shot ...

I think that Bennett is making the right call resting Hunt (regardless of who he brought in as cover), because with the top 2 secured, we are going to need Hunt fit and firing for the finals.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I'm tired of losing against Storm and it's becoming more likely that we will.

I would be expecting Hunt to be a bit rusty next week. He tends to be that way after a week off.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'm looking forward to seeing what the hype about Taylor is based on. Some say he's a super talent and others that he's talented but a liability. Pity that he is moving on though I suppose, considering that he is at least good enough to play first grade according to the great judge ,WB.

Nepal Donkeys

Nepal Donkeys

NYC Player
Aug 17, 2015
Resting Hunt is the right option. No point risking our best player with top 2 secured going into the finals, eyes on the main prize. I'll be happy with us getting the Cows at home in Wk 1, hopefully picking up a win and getting Canterbury or Cronulla up at Suncorp before the big one.

I don't think the Storm have a whole heap going on in attack at the moment, if we can shut that down and find opportunities to score some points we'll be in good shape. But I am worried how the Cowboys went without Morgan last week considering we're going into the same situation.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I want Taylor to succeed Thursday night and I won't be coming on here spouting I told you so's afterwards but I guarantee that if the game is similar to our last Storm game, our defence isn't as strong with Taylor in the line and we definitely don't win it. We need to start off well like last week and not let the Storm touch the ball, because if Taylor has his hands on the ball we will be fine.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I would be expecting some short balls from Cronk to Harris. Try and catch Taylor one on one.

The same on the right with Proctor.

Hopefully the boys next Taylor and Milford turn up in defence, otherwise we could have some problems.

Last edited:
Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
There will be no "I told you so" from me, even if he has a blinder, which is very unlikely given his first FG game will be facing a Storm smelling a chance to grab 4th spot on the ladder and an automatic 2nd finals game.

I hope WB is able to put him at ease to play his footy, so that he can do his thing with the ball in hand, but there will undoubtedly be a massive amount of traffic coming his way. Hunt has been an integral part of our strong right side defense, and I'm sure Bellamy is rubbing his hands thinking of how he can target both sides of the Broncos defense in this game...

Best of luck to the young man!

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Whilst if he has a blinder, it'll be disappointing knowing he is leaving the team, but at the same time, I will be happy knowing our junior development is back to being the best!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Master Baiter
Contributor
Mar 13, 2008
What's the point in playing Taylor now that he's leaving? Surely it'd make more sense to play Kodi in the halves or something.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
What's the point in playing Taylor now that he's leaving? Surely it'd make more sense to play Kodi in the halves or something.

Unsettle 1 position only rather than 2? I'll be glad to see how he plays. Also, could be a test run as to whether Ashley is a viable insurance policy if Milford or Hunt go down in the finals.

Geez wouldn't BHQ go into meltdown if Taylor got named in the 7 for a GF and had a blinder...

Interesting comparison of coaching styles. Think 2011, major semi final versus Manly - Griffin picks Gillett (?) at 5/8 in an ultra conservative selection over Ben Hunt or Corey Norman.

I wonder if Bennett would have rolled the dice that night.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

Yeah thats what i would have thought as well. Give some experience to someone who will be able to cover next year if required.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Also, how did Parcell fall so quickly out of favour...

A shuffle of Kodi to 7 and Parcell to 17 (utility bench) might have worked OK?

Notwithstanding what I said above (!!) if we've backed Kodi as the long term back up half over Jayden and Taylor then surely this is the time to give him a crack.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.