/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Re: R26 Broncos vs Storm

I liked that little inside outside thing Milf and Blair were working on and Kodi stepped up tonight, he looks awesome with a bit of room in front of him.

Name me a team that doesn't revolve around their star half? (that isn't the rorters) in a salary
Cap world it's just a reality.

It's the extent we rely on Hunt that bothers me, and which also translates as Macca's and Milford's shortcomings as organizers and separately, play makers.

I also just don't like the idea of having all your eggs in one basket.

It's quite ironic there were people making a big deal earlier in the year when we beat them about the absence of Cronk and Slater and how that made it easier for us to win, yet when we have 3 players absent and expecting a debutant playmaker to step up for Hunt, lose 2 players in our spine during the match that somehow that wouldn't impact us and we should be concerned, unrealistic expectations IMO

It's the extent we rely on Hunt that bothers me, and which also translates as Macca's and Milford's shortcomings as organizers and separately, play makers.

We did it for over a decade with Locky, why should things change now

No major injuries or suspensions. Only thing I cared about. Lads had there minds on next week

You didn't really answer my question, just rephrased it.

We don't rely anymore on hunt than the cows on Thurston, the rabbits on Reynolds, the storm on Cronk or smith etc etc. Milford isn't an organiser at all but we all knew that and that's fine.

It's quite ironic there were people making a big deal earlier in the year when we beat them about the absence of Cronk and Slater and how that made it easier for us to win, yet when we have 3 players absent and expecting a debutant playmaker to step up for Hunt, lose 2 players in our spine during the match that somehow that wouldn't impact us and we should be concerned, unrealistic expectations IMO

100%

come one mate, if they had anywhere near their full complement and anything actually riding on that game, they'd have defecated all over that storm side.
This. We were seriously playing at like 50%, the players had no reason to give a shit, more importantly, most of them would have been preserving themselves for the finals.

If we had our full team and something to play for, we win that easily. If anything Storm fans should be worried.

Now I hope Cronulla win, I reckon they've got a better chance of beating the Roosters, if I'm not mistaken they've had a decent record against them in recent times.

Have to say, Kodi looked pretty good. It's a shame Jayden is gone but Kodi still looks like a quality player.

We did it for over a decade with Locky, why should things change now

It's what happened without Locky that I remember all too well.

I guess what I am also saying is that I am, rightly or wrongly, really disappointed in Milford and Macca. They showed so little tonight in directing the team.

Have to say, Kodi looked pretty good. It's a shame Jayden is gone but Kodi still looks like a quality player.

This, so much so I gave him my 3 votes. He played big minutes in 2 different positions against a side giving it everything and he didn't look out of place at all. As soon as Taylor was gone, he jumped in his grave and took control. Very impressed.

I guess what I am also saying is that I am, rightly or wrongly, really disappointed in Milford and Macca. They showed so little tonight in directing the team.

McC, I would agree with you. He didn't have a bad night all things considered but in the leadership and organization department, Smith made him look stupid. Probably not captain material after all.

As for Milford, I think you're being a little harsh. Talented or not, he is still a kid. Sometimes football wisdom does come with age and tonight Melbourne were all over him like a bad rash.

Last edited:

You didn't really answer my question, just rephrased it.

We don't rely anymore on hunt than the cows on Thurston, the rabbits on Reynolds, the storm on Cronk or smith etc etc. Milford isn't an organiser at all but we all knew that and that's fine.

I think we rely on Hunt more than those others you mention. And in any case, no matter what team, the fact that a team which is more or less crippled when 1 player is absent is troubling.

The spine is not one player.

Milfords not a fucking organiser.

It's like saying I'm really disappointed in my dog because she can't talk.

How come when macca runs from dummy and catches the markers there's no whistle blown. It's getting ridiculous there should of been atleast 3 penalties from that. We take away last try from s forward pass from the storm and the score is 8-10 not bad at all. Stop your fucking whinging!

I think we rely on Hunt more than those others you mention. And in any case, no matter what team, the fact that a team which is more or less crippled when 1 player is absent is troubling.

The spine is not one player.

Completely disagree but this is becoming head against wall stuff so I'll leave you to it.

So if the Roosters lost Maloney how do you think they'd go?

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • RogerAbrah
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Spike
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.