Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Reverse score of '06 GF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: R26 Broncos vs Storm

Missed Hunt greatly.

I hope Boyd is ok for next week ?

Defence was up in our face all night. We need to defend like that to win the premiership. Their last try was a forward pass by a mile. Oh well... Semis now ☺

Not even concerned about tonight's result tbh infact I lost overall caring about the result of this match once it was revealed Hunt would be absent.

I am disappointed that everything good about this team seems to rely on Hunt.

The attack tonight was fucking dreadful. This really needs to be addressed. You can't have a team totally dependent on one player.

Unlike others, I did care about the result of this game for no other reason than I was looking forward to Milford and Macca and Taylor directing traffic and keeping the structures which got us here in the first place.

Still shaking my head that on that performance, it seems to be all about Hunt (... and not Milford who looked so lost).

Considering Taylor got injured so early and Boyd went off I though we did alright.

For all MIlf's pros as an individual this match really highlighted his flaws as a half I thought, really need Hunt back to take some sort of control. Blair was our best half out there tonight.

Taylor's kicks were great until he went down, wish Hunt/Milf could give it a good toe stabbin' like he does.

Agreed @ Danoz

Last edited:

Meh. I am resigned to the fact that we won't have an edge over the Storm until the big 3 are all gone.

No injuries other than Taylor so bring on the Cowboys

Sure our attack wasn't the best tonight, but to put things in perspective we were missing our best halfback then lost our backup 30 minutes in. Plus it's hard to build any momentum when the Storm get to blatantly lie on ours for so bloody long. If you go to Suncorp early tomorrow morning you'll probably see Thaiday still being held down by three Storm players while the ref looks on passively.

No dramas at all. Played at about 35% and still didn't get punished. We should beat the cows

The attack tonight was fucking dreadful. This really needs to be addressed. You can't have a team totally dependent on one player.

Unlike others, I did care about the result of this game for no other reason than I was looking forward to Milford and Macca and Taylor directing traffic and keeping the structures which got us here in the first place.

Still shaking my head that on that performance, it seems to be all about Hunt (... and not Milford who looked so lost).

Dude, remember the well oiled ruthless machine the Melbourne used to be for all those years?

And remember the rudderless hapless rabble they were always reduced to for two or three weeks during all those golden years when Cooper Cronk was on origin absence ?

Don't sweat tonight's performance / result one bit.. The Storm are the ones who should be feeling a little slighted, winning that game by only single digits

Name me a team that doesn't revolve around their star half? (that isn't the rorters) in a salary
Cap world it's just a reality.

Take heart boys. This game did nothing if not reinforce that our hearts and minds are committed to the bigger prize.

3. Nikorima
2. Blair
1. Thaiday

Meh. I am resigned to the fact that we won't have an edge over the Storm until the big 3 are all gone.

No injuries other than Taylor so bring on the Cowboys

come one mate, if they had anywhere near their full complement and anything actually riding on that game, they'd have defecated all over that storm side.

What concerns me is the drop off between last week and this week. Granted we were without Hunt, Kahu and Glenn, but they just didn't look on at all. I'm worried they'll put in an impressive performance next week, then sit around for two weeks thinking about how good they are and come out flat in the preliminary final.

Nikorima looked impressive, I thought. If he'd been replacing Milf instead of Hunt that would have been a totally different game.

Nikorima looked a lot more natural there that's for sure.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.