Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Yep and when Green decided to not give those excuses we came out and beat your mob in a grand final :superhappythumbsup:

That was a video of John Thurston, not Paul Green.

Are you honestly trying to say there's no such thing as square-up penalties or evidence of the refs trying to keep the contest close on purpose @JayPee? I mean honestly?

That was a video of John Thurston, not Paul Green.

Like talking to a brick wall. When Green came in 2014 Thurston was told that he wasn't to make excuses for losing. Only have to look at the 2014 press conference to the roosters to see the influence Green had.

Are you honestly trying to say there's no such thing as square-up penalties or evidence of the refs trying to keep the contest close on purpose @JayPee? I mean honestly?

Give me proof and I'll be with ya, until then, that is just what it is a CONSPIRACY

So it was a case of do as I say, not as I do?

That doesn't even make sense? How much simpler do I have to say it. Green brought in a culture of not making excuses for losing the same with the away record prior to his arrival.

Majority of the time, the better team wins these games, regardless of who gets the most penalties, but there are those close ones where the ref seems to go out of his way to change the momentum of a team threatening to run away with it. I think last night the ref seemed to go soft on the cowboys in that second half (not that there weren't a few dubious forward passes we got away with). I think against the eels, it was similar case but in our favour. In both cases the right team won, but the refs need to be more conscious of this or we will start getting compared to pro-wrestling. I think we have a little way to go before we get that far but I really want the rules of the game modernised to take some of interpretation away and make them more clear, consise and easier to adjudicate.
I don't think for a moment, our referees are bad, only that they are dealing with a flawed rulebook and weak mentors who give in too easily to noisy opinion. When your threatened with the sack every second week, but a "great" game gets you not only a pass mark but laudits, why wouldn't you err on the side of the underdog.

FYI

That doesn't even make sense? How much simpler do I have to say it. Green brought in a culture of not making excuses for losing the same with the away record prior to his arrival.

Didn't stop him from having a massive sook after the Good Friday clash last year where the only incorrect decision happened to be against the Broncos.

In fact, what about his sook after the Melbourne game just recently?

I do agree with JayPee's sentiment though. The Broncos managed to produce a strong second half display where they showed tremendous character in the face of a great kicking game. Instead of turning our attention to our defensive display, the bulk of the discussion seems to be based around some peon.

Yes, Sutton gave the Cowboys some home-town calls, but what about them Broncos?

there are a couple of calls against us that i have a real issue with:

1. The "strip" penalty - there is absolutely no way could could say that Granville was not in the act of scoring ... he was over the line and trying to get the ball down, if that isn't the act of scoring then nothing is

2. the knock on/ penalty against Blair for not getting to his feet - especially when the Cows did the exact same thing at least 3 times with no action taken
Number 2 was obvious garbage call but 1 I can live with. Granville was on his feet and clearly held then Blair has a brain snap and rips it out. There was also no way the ref wasn't going to call it a strip with the way his whistle was working last night

I don't even understand the point of being able to strip in the act of scoring... why is it suddenly legal to be able to strip when a player is trying to score?? I don't understand what it is trying to achieve.

I know it was brought in after billy stripped the ball and then tried to run away for a try, but I think it's too grey and just doesn't make sense.

the most pleasing aspect of our play in this match was the commitment and desperation we showed in defense. There were several occasions when we had to defend 4 or 5 sets on our own line and we just kept turning up.

although one of the best moments of the night for me personally was seeing the reaction of pure joy from Blair when he scored.

So on a lighter note. I finally witnessed a win at that fucking stadium. 6 years....

I was unable to enjoy that second half till it got to about 2 mins to go and I knew no matter how many more leg ups they got I'm leaving a winner!

You could tell the boys wanted to make up for a poor defensive effort from last week. Their body language looked positive the whole time and they just kept turning up.

I think Milford needs more credit for his defense in this game. He was hitting them hard and holding on too. I was impressed.
Agreed. They threw a lot at him on the try line but he didn't budge. Mogas efforts were also improved except for the last try to the cowboys when the game was over anyway

I think Milford needs more credit for his defense in this game. He was hitting them hard and holding on too. I was impressed.

He's going to be the best half in the game in 2-3 years.

You believe in santa aswell? Almost as bad as a conspiracy theorist cowboys supporter from 2012-2014. Get over it. Fix your discipline

Isn't it odd that our discipline is only a problem when leading... hmmmm.

Like talking to a brick wall. When Green came in 2014 Thurston was told that he wasn't to make excuses for losing. Only have to look at the 2014 press conference to the roosters to see the influence Green had.
Isn't that the one where Robert Lui knocked on clear as day and they STILL claimed conspiracy? The Cowboys only stopped sooking after they won in 2015.

Active Now

• marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.