Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Good game and massive turnaround. Our forwards were all over them and the whole game to, not just in spurts. McGuire was outstanding, really dominated their pack as was Glenn.

Don't mind Knick at the back, think he would do better there and leave Kahu on the wing.

Boyd also had a great game, strong runs and put his body on the line when Taumololo ran over him, big turnaround. Hoping our injuries are just niggles. Makes you think, should we adopt the afl style and everyone has a week off before finals, could be good.

Well I'm going to go against the grain here in that i hope we don't replace Boyd with KNik.

Even though he went ok when thrown in at fullback last night, i feel if he was picked there next week then the opposition would find him out under the high balls.

For me, Kahu is the best option at fullback. He's played there before and performed well, safe under the high ball and great in general play.

Pearson would be my pick for the wing spot. He has plenty of talent, is solid under the high ball, and has a bit of size about him. As long as he wears the right boots for the conditions on the night, i'm sure he wont let us down.

I've seen far worse this season been turned a blind eye to but we shouldn't be too surprised inconsistency is a feature of our game.

If it was just inconsistency or even incompetence, I wouldn't be too concerned. Unfortunately I think it is far more sinister than that.

Well I'm going to go against the grain here in that i hope we don't replace Boyd with KNik.

Even though he went ok when thrown in at fullback last night, i feel if he was picked there next week then the opposition would find him out under the high balls.

For me, Kahu is the best option at fullback. He's played there before and performed well, safe under the high ball and great in general play.

Pearson would be my pick for the wing spot. He has plenty of talent, is solid under the high ball, and has a bit of size about him. As long as he wears the right boots for the conditions on the night, i'm sure he wont let us down.

Kahu is dominating at wing at the moment. Pearson is way too risky for the finals, not sure where his headspace would be at should he get put under pressure. Plus having knik at fb means he's less a target in defence.

I wonder if Benji has secured that bench spot for the finals. I thought he was good last night, solid.

Yeah I'm with you, his height is definitely exploitable at fullback, I'd be going with Kahu or Isaako (is he fit?) at fullback.

My Standouts:

Mcguire - Made huge metres. Definitely deserving of MOM. He was on a mission

Blair - Could tell he wanted to make up for last week's errors. He played with 2015 type intensity, didnt get pushed back when tackled and was happy for him to get a try. He needs to leave his hair tied though. He looks like the guy from Moana when he leaves it out

Boyd - Best game he has had in a long time. Returned the ball with aggression. Only passed to Oates once which was when Oates was within 10m. There was a point where he received the ball 10 out from the try line and tried to accelerate off a stop start but couldnt. He has def lost a step there and if it was Milf or Kodi, would've been a try

Extra: Anybody here Gavin Cooper yell out after that last knock on 'For F*ck Sake, Just give us one already'. No idea what he was on about considering they had like 5 penalties in a row

just annoyed that instead of enjoying a tough win it feels bitter because of the abysmal referreeing.

i honestly believe they are sole reason why the nrl is slowly dying. and the head of nrl are to pig headed to see it any do anything about it

Little dramatic. It goes both ways

Yes there were a number of dodgy calls by the refs. But we deserved to substantially lose the penalty count.

I find it interesting that in our games against the cowboys get their own ruck interpretation. Only allowed to hold down for half a second.

The 10m was pretty poorly reffed for both sides. We were the main offenders however.

McGuire was amazing, similar impact to jt.
Benji's kicking is just a class above.
Bolton was hopeless.

Yes there were a number of dodgy calls by the refs. But we deserved to substantially lose the penalty count.

Why? Please explain. We were not worse at being inside the ten and were not allowed to hold down at all, how did we 'deserve' to be smashed in the penalties other than Milford holding down as long as or shorter than the Cowboys?

Nice to see a competitive side last night show up. I had asked earlier in the week if the Broncos had won any games where Mead started? Point being is you see what an important piece of the puzzle that Kahu is to that side. Other than a couple of brain explosions in the year, he is a very unheralded player.

The forwards played with much better purpose....even Thaiday.

Officiating has been noted and it goes to show that you have to develop and hold onto leads to make sure you aren't beaten by the refs. It is what it is which is shit.

The club would really want to be 100% confident with Boyd's hamstring before gambling on him next week.

Broncos had around 9 players make 100 plus metres. I think for the broncos to do well those are the type of numbers the forwards need.

Any of our boys a chance to miss a week for the dodgy high shot/dangerous tackle calls?

No they are all good.

The high tackles would be classed as careless and would be a fine.

As for Moga, he will probably get slapped with a grade one but won't miss any weeks.

I don't think he will even get charged. Linnett didn't end up in a dangerous position.

No they are all good.

The high tackles would be classed as careless and would be a fine.

As for Moga, he will probably get slapped with a grade one but won't miss any weeks.

I don't think he will even get charged. Linnett didn't end up in a dangerous position.

I didnt see too much wrong with Mogas tackle tbh. He did get put in a slightly dangerous position, but he didnt follow through or drive with the tackle. Id be surprised if he got charged as well.

The 10m was pretty poorly reffed for both sides. We were the main offenders however.

We didn't get any for 10m or ruck. We got one for Coote(?) being offside on an attacking kick and one for Kahu being taken out.

The Cowboys second penalty in the 11th minute for a Broncos player not getting back the 10. It was such a rubbish penalty.

Gillett was penalized for not getting back the 10, but he didn't take any part in the play. McGuire and Blair tackled Bolton while Gillett just stood there, and he was penalized for it.

Unread

Active Now

• Strop
  • tajhay
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Foordy
  • mitch222
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • MrMoore
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fitzy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.