Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Also I can't stress enough how important Kodi Nikorima's performance was in the grand scheme of things.

I didn't think he was traveling along as poorly as it's been made out by the media, but it was important he stepped up. In the first half he seemed to call for the ball far more often and he was able to bring Gillett, Roberts and Kahu into the game.

He had a tough assignment at fullback, but I thought he held his own and didn't make any critical errors.

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Happy we got the win and played like that :superhappythumbsup:. Our Defense was on peak just a cpl tries we conceded wasn't good, but funny at the end how they kept trying to score and we were holding them back until feldt scored. Hope Boyd plays next week and TPJ.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
One thing that was apparent tonight is the broncos kicking game long and short is our biggest weakness. Seeing the difference Benji made with his long kicking game and the pressure and opportunities that brings Im tempted to bring him in over Kodi even though Kodi is playing well. Without a decent long and short kicking game we are always working twice as hard. Kicking to me is almost the most important asset we need in a half. Its a shame we have no one in 2018 that has any idea how to kick. And for this reason alone I think we will always struggle. Besides this as (nearly) always great defense.
You mean Benji's brilliant kicking game like his attempted torp bomb that went 15m after we'd just sustained a million repeat sets. Compared to kodi's kicking which was pinning the cows inside their own 10

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I pray that if Boyd isn't 100% the he doesn't play. Last thing we need is an already slow fullback to be hobbling around at the back.

So milf was pretty much invisible in attack for the second half. My question is did he take a back seat to benji or did the game just play out this way? I'm concerned if he went into his shell for benji.

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
What if you have Benji / Kodi alternate between half and full back. Bring Benji as halfback for last tackle kicking options etc, but Benji would generally play full back on D and early in tackle sets.

Just don't want to mess with a halfs combo this late into the season too much, and might even be able to improve it a little.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I pray that if Boyd isn't 100% the he doesn't play. Last thing we need is an already slow fullback to be hobbling around at the back.

So milf was pretty much invisible in attack for the second half. My question is did he take a back seat to benji or did the game just play out this way? I'm concerned if he went into his shell for benji.

Barely got to attack in the second half.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What if you have Benji / Kodi alternate between half and full back. Bring Benji as halfback for last tackle kicking options etc, but Benji would generally play full back on D and early in tackle sets.

Just don't want to mess with a halfs combo this late into the season too much, and might even be able to improve it a little.

Just seems like too much disruption and I could see it fucking with our cohesion.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The Brisbane Broncos have defeated the North Queensland Cowboys 20-10 at 1300SMILES Stadium, with Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima carving up the Cowboys' left edge in the first half.

But the Broncos have been handed a host of injury concerns heading into the finals, with Darius Boyd and Tevita Pangai Junior both failing to complete the match due to hamstring injuries.

It was the Broncos who took first advantage of the fast-paced flow of the game after North Queensland hooker Jake Granville knocked on at dummy-half. Milford weaved his magic on fifth tackle, dodging an attempted tackle before putting in a tiny grubber which he recollected, before offloading to James Roberts who sent a brilliant flick pass to Matt Gillett out wide to score out wide.

The Cowboys were punished for another poor attacking set, with the Broncos rolling up the field before Kodi Nikorima decided to go left to test out Javid Bowen and Te Maire Martin. He found success before kicking back inside to Roberts who dived over under the posts.

The scenario on the Cowboys' left edge began to look dire, with a Nikorima bomb finding Jordan Kahu in the air, and the winger stretched out through the tackle to plant the ball down and extend the Broncos' lead to 14-0.

The home side began to mount some pressure with consecutive sets, and visitors cracked when Jason Taumalolo got a full head of steam up and man-handled Tautau Moga, before Morgan delivered a Johnathan Thurston-like pass to send Gavin Cooper crashing over to score.

A penalty against Antonio Winterstein for running a kick-chaser off his line gave the Broncos another opportunity to attack only minutes before half-time. They took a repeat set, Milford's grubber cleaned up by Kyle Feldt.

There was a major blow for the Broncos in the dying seconds of the half when Boyd went down clutching him hamstring, and he didn't return after the half-time break.

The Cowboys heaped on the pressure early in the second half, forcing multiple goal-line dropouts, but Brisbane's defence held firm and they were first to strike after the break.

After forcing repeat sets of their own, with Ben Hunt trapping North Queensland in goal twice, the Broncos wore the Cowboys' defence down and broke through when Adam Blair took a short ball to crash over next to the posts and extend Brisbane's lead.

Despite taking three consecutive sets the Cowboys still failed to cross the line, eventually relieving the pressure when Morgan's pass to Cooper was once again put down.

The Cowboys eventually crossed the line, but not until the 80th minute, and it was a Morgan cut-out pass to Feldt which eventually broke the Broncos' defence, although it was too-little too-late.

Broncos 20 (Matt Gillett, James Roberts, Jordan Kahu, Adam Blair tries, Jordan Kahu 3 goals) def. Cowboys 10 (Gavin Cooper, Kyle Feldt tries; Ethan Lowe 1 goal) at 1300 Smiles Stadium. Half-time: 14-6. Crowd 23,321.

http://www.nrl.com/broncos-bounce-back-to-beat-cowboys/tabid/10874/newsid/111628/default.aspx

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016

The Cowboys had 60% possession and 68% territory in the second half and the Broncos got caned in the penalty count.. It's hard to attack when you don't have the ball.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Knik has played plenty of fb compared to Benji and is quite good executing the sweep play whereas Benji will help with our kicking and is probably better defensively... I'm thinking it has to be Benji 7 Knik 1, but milf has to be the dominant half with Benji providing polish and a little bit of composure when needed

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
The Cowboys had 60% possession and 68% territory in the second half and the Broncos got caned in the penalty count.. It's hard to attack when you don't have the ball.

I noticed a few times when we did have he was calling for the ball he didn't get it. Was a bit weird

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Not enough to beat the Storm but was decent for tonight

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.