Round 26 Discussion

Numbers in the tackle on Nathan brown and radradra and you beat the eels by plenty. They may have beaten us twice this season but they don't worry me in the slightest. They peaked for our games because they have had the easiest draw of all top 8 teams and still have the worst defensive record in the top 8 I believe (?)

Spirited performance from South Sydney. After last week's game I was concerned they would completely bottle it but they tried their best and just ran out of petrol when the game was there to be won. By the 60th minute mark, they were struggling to get into formation and just couldn't put a set together to save themselves. In the end they just offered Parramatta far too many invitations and when you give a finisher like Radradra opportunities he's going to take them.

He's in some form Radradra. I agree with Gus' assessment on the Eels effort against the Broncos. Outside of the gimme try to Auva'a, it was really the individual effort of Radradra that tore the Broncos apart and gave the Eels an unassailable lead. It was an awesome performance and while he wasn't as strong tonight, he still had enough classy touches to show he's one of the best wingers in the game. I can't wait to see his confrontation with Vunivalu next week, that should be one for the ages. I believe they've faced off a few times and if memory serves Radradra has had the better of him?

Really liked the effort of Cameron Murray tonight. He showed a real eagerness to get his hands on the football, put on some good foot-work and really challenged the A and B defenders all night for the Eels. Between him, Crichton and big Sammy B the Rabbitohs are going to be a real handful in the years to come.

Sometimes I feel fans and the media put far too much stock in who does and doesn't make the 8. For mine as long as the new combinations are getting runs on the board and you've got players putting their hands up for next season there's plenty to be excited about. In Souths case they've brought through Graham, Fuimaono, Crichton, Murray etc. and they look a stronger team heading into 2018 than they did heading into this season.

I think with Souths this year, it all went haywire when they lost Inglis. That set the tone for them and having Reynolds a week to week proposition didn't help matters either. I think Madge finally accepted it wasn't 2014 anymore, moved a few players on and I think they're on their way.

As for the Eels, I can't say I saw them as a Top 4 side to start the year. After losing Peats, Paulo, Foran etc. it just seemed like a tall order and their squad reminded me of the island of misfit toys. They started the season accordingly, but then a couple of really good wins, particularly one against the Warriors really got the team together and like the Raiders of last year they built on a fairly generous Origin period. The signing of Mitchell Moses proved to be a master stroke for the club and even though they're without two weapons in Gutherson and French, they're still looking like a side that will rattle teams in the finals.

I'm looking forward to Melbourne vs. Parramatta. Interesting game.

Basically Gould gave the Eels more of a chance of beating Melbourne than of us beating the Roosters...

Gould is a tosser.. just said roosters will beat broncos... said it with his smug arrogance. .

Stuff him.. go broncos
He tips with his heart not his made-for-radio-looking-head..... and every year he is wrong, otherwise the roosters would have won the premiership the last ten years and the blues would be winning 3-0 every year with Pearce as halfback...

Basically Gould gave the Eels more of a chance of beating Melbourne than of us beating the Roosters...

The eels hold the fairy tale card this season. Well pretty much every season until they win a premiership. Sterlo would have been begging for it for years and Gould always goes on about how important the eels fans are.

Good decision re forward passes. Well done touchie

Defensive plan for next week.

Let Mitchell run towards the sideline, then get numbers in the tackle.

Go Titans! Do something useful for once.

Have a feeling Roosters will semi run away with it in the 2nd half.

Politoni..

What the **** was he doing?

Titans doing much better than expected. They just have to stay in it and watch for the square ups

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Midean
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • Alec
  • Santa
  • Manofoneway
  • Spike
  • Fitzy
  • PETERN
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Stix
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • Maroon4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Brotherdu
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.