PRE-GAME [Round 3, 2024] Broncos vs Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.
JFH out for panthers? how bad was his shoulder injury?

JFH out for panthers? how bad was his shoulder injury?
RCG led with his shoulder on a run with the ball . It put him down hard and he stayed down . Didn`t come back .

Willison has to be brought into the 17, but Kev won’t change a winning side.
Jock will get his shot but I really wouldn’t mind seeing Walsh at 7, Ez at 6 and Sailor at 1. 0.1% of it happening but I think it’s a better spine then Jock at 7.
Walsh’s few kicks against souffs were as good if not better than Reyno’s. I think he would relish in the 7 for a game or 2.

Reactions: 007
Willison has to be brought into the 17, but Kev won’t change a winning side.
Jock will get his shot but I really wouldn’t mind seeing Walsh at 7, Ez at 6 and Sailor at 1. 0.1% of it happening but I think it’s a better spine then Jock at 7.
Walsh’s few kicks against souffs were as good if not better than Reyno’s. I think he would relish in the 7 for a game or 2.
I'm not sure a game against penrith in penrith is the best time to be going with an all out attacking spine... every chance we will end up with 40% territory and doing a fair amount of defending.

He can still kick from fullback... he can basically do whatever a half does from fullback anyway (he was first receiver a bit when Reynolds went off), but he doesn't need to do the tackling if he stays at fullback.

I'm not sure a game against penrith in penrith is the best time to be going with an all out attacking spine... every chance we will end up with 40% field possession and doing a fair amount of defending.

He can still kick from fullback... he can basically do whatever a half does from fullback anyway (he was first receiver a bit when Reynolds went off), but he doesn't need to do the tackling if he stays at fullback.
Like I said, it won’t happen. I’d just like to see it at some point if reyno struggles with injuries this year.
After watch us Thursday night and Penrith last night, I think we could be in for a very long night.
Hope I’m wrong.

Looking at changes, I personally would like to see X come in.

I'm happy so far with Cobbo in Herb's place, but do think we have missed Fleg especially, and maybe Palasia a little.

Baker was solid this week, nice quick PTB too which is invaluable, but X might give us that bit of punch Flegler was giving us.

I'd bring him in for one of Marty or Kobe.

Luai to just be fined for his to reports, win for us

I'd be tempted to rest Reynolds purely because the panthers seem to be in full grub mode and they'd try to work him over big time. For the most part, they seem to have immunity from the ref too

Doing some uni and got bored...

In Penrith's lair, the Panthers prowl,
Yet whispers hint, deceit's dark scowl.
With tricks and turns, they bend the rules,
But Broncos' honor, never fools.

Through murky plays, the truth shines clear,
In Brisbane's grace, no shadow near.
With skill and spirit, they claim the day,
While Penrith's cheating fades away.

ChatGPT

Losing Crighton is a big blow for the Panthers .
Martin and Tago have a ways to go before they are in sync .
I think Selwyn is going to big brother Tago . He seemed to take his one on one duel against Souths personally . A little extra agression and show of dominance when he got his hands on his opposite number .I loved seeing him play hard but fair .

Losing Crighton is a big blow for the Panthers .
Martin and Tago have a ways to go before they are in sync .
I think Selwyn is going to big brother Tago . He seemed to take his one on one duel against Souths personally . A little extra agression and show of dominance when he got his hands on his opposite number .I loved seeing him play hard but fair .
The only thing is, Cobbos trend is 1 good game, 4 rocks and diamonds games. Lets hope thats not a trend this season

Looking at changes, I personally would like to see X come in.

I'm happy so far with Cobbo in Herb's place, but do think we have missed Fleg especially, and maybe Palasia a little.

Baker was solid this week, nice quick PTB too which is invaluable, but X might give us that bit of punch Flegler was giving us.

I'd bring him in for one of Marty or Kobe.
I’d bring him in for Marty with the hope that allows Kobe to go back to what he does best which is just getting though a huge workload and providing energy. Don’t really want to see him taking hit ups out of our own end if we aren’t massively on the front foot through the middle.

I think if Baker can consistently bring that level he pretty much covers what Palasia brought and I think if Jensen can play a little bit better (like he has previously) him and Willison can cover the aspects of Flegler and we can get back to being a high functioning forward pack.

Still leaves Taupau, Hunt and Te Kura in the extended squad for decent players to come in and fill holes a few weeks at a time.

Willison is already a point of difference. I get the protecting him element but I’d rather see him have a rest against a tigers or lower down team when it comes every month or so and make sure he helps us get some important wins than protect till rd 10 and play the majority of the season against spud opposition where he isn’t needed as much.

What a win for us with Luai not facing suspension!

THE single deciding factor in the grand final was him going off, was a massive handicap for us when that happened. So him being available, could not have hoped for better.

The only thing is, Cobbos trend is 1 good game, 4 rocks and diamonds games. Lets hope thats not a trend this season

I dunno about that 1 to 4 ratio .
He`s been given more responsibility this year ,and I think he will grow into his job . Less bombs to fumble , more room to burn cunz on the outside and his right hand fend to brush off cover defenders . All positives by my way of thinking .
Also having Piakura next to him who is a good defender and a threat in attack in his own right will make more space to exploit .
I loved seeing Piakura make multiple tackles in a set when the ball was in his zone . He`s as fit as fck .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • kman
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.