Bluebet Stadium

Thursday
Night
19:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the biggest problem with this side. The amount of errors we make, but there doesn't seem to be a change coming anytime soon where we actually start holding onto the ball and maintain a high completion rate consistently.

Rugby League is a simple game. Get the fundamentals right and you'll give yourselves the best chance of winning. We'll be fucking unstoppable if we ever do.

Kevvie said in his interview with Joel Caine and Fletch that we play "high-risk"...he corrected himself immediately and changed that to "high-skill", but the general idea is that we play high-skill footy so as a result there will necessarily be errors as not everything comes off all of the time.

I read that as he's leaning into that exciting all-out attacking footy and giving the players the latitude to make errors and back our defence to recover from them. And hey when you've got the strike players we do, the last thing you want to to is stifle them, boy are we a fucking exciting team when we are on, right?!

So as fans this is probably something we also need to get our head around. This team is never going to be a Panthers make-a-single-error-in-a-game and bludgeon other teams into submission with field position and discipline. They're not coached that way and we have to stop expecting it or we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. I do expect some improvement, but I think the way we play, there will always be those stray passes etc. The errors not made in attack, those are the ones that can still be cut out but I think generally we're not too bad in that area.

TL:DR - we need to accept that we're a team that will make errors. But those errors will be made in the process of razzle-dazzle highlight reels, and our defence will (hopefully) be good enough to defend those errors - before we again put the foot to the floor and leave the poor opposition grasping at thin air behind us. Just like last year.

we all know we will lose this game.
Yep and even with my footy predicting cat she knows. In the words of the office I am ready to be hurt again

Kevvie said in his interview with Joel Caine and Fletch that we play "high-risk"...he corrected himself immediately and changed that to "high-skill", but the general idea is that we play high-skill footy so as a result there will necessarily be errors as not everything comes off all of the time.

I read that as he's leaning into that exciting all-out attacking footy and giving the players the latitude to make errors and back our defence to recover from them. And hey when you've got the strike players we do, the last thing you want to to is stifle them, boy are we a fucking exciting team when we are on, right?!

So as fans this is probably something we also need to get our head around. This team is never going to be a Panthers make-a-single-error-in-a-game and bludgeon other teams into submission with field position and discipline. They're not coached that way and we have to stop expecting it or we're setting ourselves up for disappointment. I do expect some improvement, but I think the way we play, there will always be those stray passes etc. The errors not made in attack, those are the ones that can still be cut out but I think generally we're not too bad in that area.

TL:DR - we need to accept that we're a team that will make errors. But those errors will be made in the process of razzle-dazzle highlight reels, and our defence will (hopefully) be good enough to defend those errors - before we again put the foot to the floor and leave the poor opposition grasping at thin air behind us. Just like last year.
Yip. I much prefer our 'deadly' attacking attitude when compared to the Riff's 'Dead boring' style of play.

The more we practice it, the better we will become at it too.

Walshy strolling through the likes of Cam Murray and Trell to score from nothing is far more pleasing to my eyes than block play after block play which ends in a 10 minutes bunker review to decide whether the attacker ran off another bloke's inside shoulder, or whether the defender was slightly impeded and so he falls over like a sniper has taken him out and meanwhile my beer goes flat and warm and all the excitement generated by footy that was 'flowing' dies a slow death just shits me to tears.

not too confident. We either crape through or they put 12-16+ on us.

Rugby League is a simple game. Get the fundamentals right and you'll give yourselves the best chance of winning. We'll be fucking unstoppable if we ever do.

Yep and you`ll be losing 18 - 6 week to week .
Bennet ball is dead . Long live Kevvie .

KW says all the time- Die trying.

I don't mind making errors when taking a risk, but it's the 'boring' errors we need to get out of our game. The bad play-the-balls, loose carries etc.

If we accept that we're going to make 5-6 errors a game chancing our arm, we can't afford another 5-6 from unders 8s shit.

No ARey or Haas....no probs gents...

We've got Paddy.

In one fell swoop he can assist our ball carrying yardage AND our ball playing too.

I reckon we forgo the wide spreads from our own 20 metre line and play compressed and direct. Courtesy of our good mates at RLW.

ADKq_NbxdDVchcilSN9TYVgKoz5fkrJhQ5bGLHi-TsE5tw2oltI_kOg_iIJcvk--PEd6A98oGz_BM5_72RsOcvnmtD0TFB8FaIkQ9YIOx6LksF9FE2viOtq6MdOqWqq3ALEgFWNdML9-AFfsOOPpacNvK_LDAnQRhobdKuQoA5-G_-i2NkASfXoY7j8jB-5eqD0AO0Oo8HXsqdYJjw7Vn8tDruTJDMCPhJmnyQcN-OWcrZLNllbcorv8DTkINRTmZjhUTpGUp_M8=s0-d-e1-ft

Last week Patty puts on the footwork and fools at least 4 defenders rushing up. Souths A & B defenders are all over the place and with a quick PTB, Walsh (or Brett Kenny, either works) can do this.

ADKq_NaYas0RFHCfAhZjLI4aSJEz1o9sSzxJhfVvH9yjQR2ZNhDVefX-9qehd3i29wg7UVjseDm0QqEpYs7A0CzPuk1ZZjPIMgLYGN8EA_rMbd_1ut4URfwdVBBGqu43rio06MXrgAvts28HjrJBd4TX4TrVRg6c8bcynvQikNe7kOeso15jspCBvftq0ooHPKXMxa9lrfem4WhAbKLCLg2pjAxl_AG1xY_ilmLAu4zq_1huw3lYP1JBrqxUhtsmcNSAoCzRVQes=s0-d-e1-ft

One of the games best inside defenders and clean up guys is JFH. Im watching for Walsh & Patty to count numbers inside and create havoc.

I'm confident too by games end the debate over who is better, Yeo or Carrigan, will be put to bed...:embarrased:

I'm truly hopeful but if we're being honest, we all know we will lose this game.

I don't mind the L, what would shit me off is lack of effort, no line speed and grabbing at air type tackling etc.

Even though we will lose, effort, desire and hunger we CAN do even without our best players on the park so I'm expecting a tough and gritty performance.
No Way Shut Up GIF by P-Valley

I'm truly hopeful but if we're being honest, we all know we will lose this game.

I don't mind the L, what would shit me off is lack of effort, no line speed and grabbing at air type tackling etc.

Even though we will lose, effort, desire and hunger we CAN do even without our best players on the park so I'm expecting a tough and gritty performance.
Nah buddy I'm in the minority that think the Broncos can win . So keep your generalization to yourself . Pessimistic....

No ARey or Haas....no probs gents...

We've got Paddy.

In one fell swoop he can assist our ball carrying yardage AND our ball playing too.

I reckon we forgo the wide spreads from our own 20 metre line and play compressed and direct. Courtesy of our good mates at RLW.

ADKq_NbxdDVchcilSN9TYVgKoz5fkrJhQ5bGLHi-TsE5tw2oltI_kOg_iIJcvk--PEd6A98oGz_BM5_72RsOcvnmtD0TFB8FaIkQ9YIOx6LksF9FE2viOtq6MdOqWqq3ALEgFWNdML9-AFfsOOPpacNvK_LDAnQRhobdKuQoA5-G_-i2NkASfXoY7j8jB-5eqD0AO0Oo8HXsqdYJjw7Vn8tDruTJDMCPhJmnyQcN-OWcrZLNllbcorv8DTkINRTmZjhUTpGUp_M8=s0-d-e1-ft

Last week Patty puts on the footwork and fools at least 4 defenders rushing up. Souths A & B defenders are all over the place and with a quick PTB, Walsh (or Brett Kenny, either works) can do this.

ADKq_NaYas0RFHCfAhZjLI4aSJEz1o9sSzxJhfVvH9yjQR2ZNhDVefX-9qehd3i29wg7UVjseDm0QqEpYs7A0CzPuk1ZZjPIMgLYGN8EA_rMbd_1ut4URfwdVBBGqu43rio06MXrgAvts28HjrJBd4TX4TrVRg6c8bcynvQikNe7kOeso15jspCBvftq0ooHPKXMxa9lrfem4WhAbKLCLg2pjAxl_AG1xY_ilmLAu4zq_1huw3lYP1JBrqxUhtsmcNSAoCzRVQes=s0-d-e1-ft

One of the games best inside defenders and clean up guys is JFH. Im watching for Walsh & Patty to count numbers inside and create havoc.

I'm confident too by games end the debate over who is better, Yeo or Carrigan, will be put to bed...:embarrased:
What if Patty stepped harder off his right foot He would have gone straight through . OLE Cookie and under the posts lol .I saw that developing . I thought their middles were out of position. But what Walsh did was not what I expected !

Anyone going to the game tonight? Are there discounted member tickets any codes? About to book some tickets only GA available

While it definitely harms us having Haas out and to a lesser extent Reynolds, this really is a free shot. This is one of those games that would have been circled at the start of the season where you would have gone, oh well, this is the one team we don't feel we should be beating. This doesn't mean we can't beat them but they are the one team you would not be expecting a win against.

So, losing the two big names gives us a chance to see what some fresh blood can bring and to try a few weapons we may not have tried yet.

For example, we know Walsh will take on more ownership BUT if you have him, Mam, Wlaters/Smoothy and Madden all taking the last play throughout the game, this makes us REALLY unpredictable...which given how unpredictable we are at the best of times...makes us even more difficult to defend against.

As long as Madden and Willison can hold their own in defense and gel with the blokes around them, there is absolutely no reason we can not only win but even make a statement.

Ok BHQ, I know Willison has been massively hyped this year ... But remember, he is still a rookie, so is if he doesn't replicate Payne's stats, please go easy on him 😉
If anyone expects that they are crazy haha. The kid lacks the fitness for any of that from what I have seen. He has put on some quality size and will need time to develop the motor. All I want to see from him is 30-40 quality minutes. Hold the middle and make at least 100m.

While it definitely harms us having Haas out and to a lesser extent Reynolds, this really is a free shot. This is one of those games that would have been circled at the start of the season where you would have gone, oh well, this is the one team we don't feel we should be beating. This doesn't mean we can't beat them but they are the one team you would not be expecting a win against.

So, losing the two big names gives us a chance to see what some fresh blood can bring and to try a few weapons we may not have tried yet.

For example, we know Walsh will take on more ownership BUT if you have him, Mam, Wlaters/Smoothy and Madden all taking the last play throughout the game, this makes us REALLY unpredictable...which given how unpredictable we are at the best of times...makes us even more difficult to defend against.

As long as Madden and Willison can hold their own in defense and gel with the blokes around them, there is absolutely no reason we can not only win but even make a statement.
From memory we had Walsh and Reynolds out for one of our panthers games last year and we either just lost or just won it. Can't be bothered looking it up haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Old Mate
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Midean
  • Manifesto
  • Mister Wright
  • FACTHUNT
  • jd87
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.