Bluebet Stadium

Thursday
Night
19:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
From memory we had Walsh and Reynolds out for one of our panthers games last year and we either just lost or just won it. Can't be bothered looking it up haha
Won the one with Wlash out, lost the one without Reynolds.

Bit annoying that if you were to identify our 4 most important players (IMO reynolds, hass, carrigan and walsh) and we are missing 2 of them for this game.

However in a way, it removes all pressure on the team as no one expects them to win. If they go out there and keep it close and defend well, that is a success for mine and a good starting point.

My concern is the go forward and loss of reynolds kicking game. I think with penriths aggressive line speed, and reynolds not being able to kick us out of trouble We will be camped up our end.

I would not mind our kickers going for touch as a strategy. Edwards usually returns the ball 15-20m after a kick and a quick play the ball. If we go for touch we can set our line and minimise this.

Bit annoying that if you were to identify our 4 most important players (IMO reynolds, hass, carrigan and walsh) and we are missing 2 of them for this game.

However in a way, it removes all pressure on the team as no one expects them to win. If they go out there and keep it close and defend well, that is a success for mine and a good starting point.

My concern is the go forward and loss of reynolds kicking game. I think with penriths aggressive line speed, and reynolds not being able to kick us out of trouble We will be camped up our end.

I would not mind our kickers going for touch as a strategy. Edwards usually returns the ball 15-20m after a kick and a quick play the ball. If we go for touch we can set our line and minimise this.
I assume Walters and Walsh will be attempting some 40/20's tonight. Need to get to an early lead too, as we'll likely fatigue quicker.

They still have Luai there, so that really helps us.

They still have Luai there, so that really helps us.

How ?

You are relentless with sledging Luai .
If he was half as bad as you make out , Cogger wouldn`t be replacing Jackson Hastings at the Knights . Ivan would have him in his team and Luai would be playing park football .
But that aint the case ...

How ?

You are relentless with sledging Luai .
If he was half as bad as you make out , Cogger wouldn`t be replacing Jackson Hastings at the Knights . Ivan would have him in his team and Luai would be playing park football .
But that aint the case ...

Luai going off changed the entire GF, he was a total passenger. Look at how bad NSW have gone with him in there. He’s an average NRL player carried by a freakish team and halfback.

Just wait to you watch him at the Tigers.

People said that about Burton when he went to the Bulldogs. Same with Addo Carr.

IMO: Luai is going to be shit at the Tigers.

Luai going off changed the entire GF, he was a total passenger. Look at how bad NSW have gone with him in there. He’s an average NRL player carried by a freakish team and halfback.

He had a dislocated shoulder in the GF if you recall ?
He`s played in 4 consecutive grand finals .If he was as terrible as you try to make out he is , other teams would exploit him every week . Doesn`t happen .
I can`t stand the guy . But lets keep it real ?

He had a dislocated shoulder in the GF if you recall ?
He`s played in 4 consecutive grand finals .If he was as terrible as you try to make out he is , other teams would exploit him every week . Doesn`t happen .
I can`t stand the guy . But lets keep it real ?

Sure. So which of these halves are you picking him before?

Mam, Reynolds, Johnson, Cleary, Munster, Brown, Moses, Hughes, Wighton, Dearden, DCE, Hunt and that is just off the top of my head.

You could also make strong arguments to put him behind Walker, Keary, Walker as well and several others. So he’s at best fringe top 10 half in the game.

Predict a loss but if we give Mam and Walsh the keys, could be a shock.

I don't think all you negative nancies deserve a Broncos win...

Disappointed Will Ferrell GIF by PeacockTV

Note: Hopefully it's all just reverse psychology and jinx preventions.

Two things tonight, Carrigan has to take the first hit up like in Origin. He can't do the three and four mid field and in good ball.

He's really got to get in the dirt tonight.

Jensen has to find his front, again he hasn't been doing it well.

Those two things will make Walsh and Madden's job more effective.

Penrith coming out of their end is a nightmare anyway, but you can't just give them the ball on the 60m out. I'd be kicking to Turuva not anyone else.

Sure. So which of these halves are you picking him before?

Mam, Reynolds, Johnson, Cleary, Munster, Brown, Moses, Hughes, Wighton, Dearden, DCE, Hunt and that is just off the top of my head.

You could also make strong arguments to put him behind Walker, Keary, Walker as well and several others. So he’s at best fringe top 10 half in the game.

Lets compare apples and apples ?
Left side players only ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • westy316
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lozza
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • broncsfan88
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Bish
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
  • simplythebest
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.