Referees: Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Liam Kennedy, Nick Morel
Video Referee: Alan Shortall
Venue: Suncorp Stadium
Kickoff: 4:30 pm
Broadcast: Foxleague; Kayo

Last edited:
Firmly on the drop our halves train.

Good lord we need to do something about fullback too but that's another kettle of fish, can't really remedy that until 2022.

We have the Storm, Rabbitohs and Panthers in succession after this, could be staring down the barrel of a 0-6 start to the season.

Last edited:
It's heartbreaking to admit, but I will be picking the Dogs. There are 15 other teams that give a shit about winning, and then there is us.

The glory days of our once great club are well and truly over. To anyone who thought 2020 was a freakishly bad one off season for us, welcome to the cold reality and that reality is that our club, the Brisbane Broncos are EASILY the worst team in the NRL and possibly Rugby League, period.

This is not an emotional post, this is simply a message to those true believers like me out there that had belief this team would improve in season 2021. This is obviously not the case and it will not be the case. We, as fans, should not be getting our hopes up as it would be living in a false paradise. I noticed comments in the Titans game thread of people actually saying we could come back and win after half time. Haha. Wow.

I don't have the answers but my suggestion is to sack 90% of this football team (I'm being dead serious) as the team is a cancer and needs to be cut immediately. We need to rebuild and start over and build the team up again. Think of it like we're a new team in the NRL and we are just starting out.

But truly from the bottom of my heart I say this with all sincerity - this club is a disgrace. An utter disgrace. What it has become is a joke of epic proportions. There is no heart or soul in the team. It's filled with dull laziness, no desire or complete effort. We may play decent for 5-15 minutes but other than that, we're hopeless. The team is a complete rabble. We are so far removed from what we were in the 90's, it's utterly unbelievable the fall this club has taken. I sit and watch and am actually amazed at how bad we are. I've seen some bad teams watching Rugby League for 25 years or so but I'd say we are definitely top 3 of the worst ever.

We deserve all the abuse and criticism we cop. We seriously do.

Bulldogs will win by 14.

Last edited:
The glory days of our once great club are well and truly over. To anyone who thought 2020 was a freakishly bad one off season for us, welcome to the cold reality and that reality is that our club, the Brisbane Broncos are EASILY the worst team in the NRL and possibly Rugby League, period.

This is not an emotional post, this is simply a message to those true believers like me out there that had belief this team would improve in season 2021. This is obviously not the case and it will not be the case. We, as fans, should not be getting our hopes up as it would be living in a false paradise. I noticed comments in the Titans game thread of people actually saying we could come back and win after half time. Haha. Wow.

I don't have the answers but my suggestion is to sack 90% of this football team (I'm being dead serious) as the team is a cancer and needs to be cut immediately. We need to rebuild and start over and build the team up again. Think of it like we're a new team in the NRL and we are just starting out.

But truly from the bottom of my heart I say this with all sincerity - this club is a disgrace. An utter disgrace. What it has become is a joke of epic proportions. There is no heart or soul in the team. It's filled with dull laziness, no desire or complete effort. We may play decent for 5-15 minutes but other than that, we're hopeless. The team is a complete rabble. We are so far removed from what we were in the 90's, it's utterly unbelievable the fall this club has taken. I sit and watch and am actually amazed at how bad we are. I've seen some bad teams watching Rugby League for 25 years or so but I'd say we are definitely top 3 of the worst ever.

Bulldogs will win by 14.
We are still a poor footy team I grant you but we have improved. If these games were last season we would have conceded 40+, Kevvie at least has us fighting for the full 80.

I can’t agree that we haven’t played with effort this year. It’s our execution that sucks balls

Whilst sacking 90% of the team is a tempting thought, in reality we still need to pay the 90% you sack their existing contracts so would not be able to field a team.

Bulldogs will win by 14.

We lost to Parra, a team who just beat Melbourne, by eight in a game we would probably have won if not for injuries.

We lost to the Titans after being truly awful by 12, which would have been 30+ last year.

It's round 2.

Wait a few more rounds before throwing in the towel.

Round 3 and this could already be for the spoon

We are still a poor footy team I grant you but we have improved. If these games were last season we would have conceded 40+, Kevvie at least has us fighting for the full 80.

I can’t agree that we haven’t played with effort this year. It’s our execution that sucks balls

Whilst sacking 90% of the team is a tempting thought, in reality we still need to pay the 90% you sack their existing contracts so would not be able to field a team.
How can you say we played with effort when the Titans scored 3 tries in like, what? 6 minutes was it? Teams that play with hunger, desire, effort and pride in themselves don't allow the opposition to score 3 tries in under 10 minutes. They were soft tries too I might add.

We lost to Parra, a team who just beat Melbourne, by eight in a game we would probably have won if not for injuries.

We lost to the Titans after being truly awful by 12, which would have been 30+ last year.

It's round 2.

Wait a few more rounds before throwing in the towel.
We won the spoon last season. Tonight's game looked reminiscent of last season. THEY threw in the towel in allowing the Titans to score THREE tries in SIX minutes. You're more than welcome to live in a fools paradise mate but I won't be. Been a fan since 1991 and will never give up on them. I'll still watch every week but I know we will either win another spoon or come 2nd last. It's obvious. That Parra round 1 game was a one off also. Last season, we had a game or 2 where we looked "okay" and played with "effort" but it didn't matter did it?

We won the spoon last season. Tonight's game looked reminiscent of last season. THEY threw in the towel in allowing the Titans to score THREE tries in SIX minutes. You're more than welcome to live in a fools paradise mate but I won't be. Been a fan since 1991 and will never give up on them. I'll still watch every week but I know we will either win another spoon or come 2nd last. It's obvious. That Parra round 1 game was a one off also. Last season, we had a game or 2 where we looked "okay" and played with "effort" but it didn't matter did it?

This might be a one off, who knows?

I think it's reasonable to wait a few weeks before you declare the sky is falling yet again, but you do you.

I think there is a way to make this team serviceable, at least patch up some of the GLARING deficiencies. We can score, there is enough talent across the park to fluke something. What we can't do is defend set after set or hold the ball. So I think we need to get rid of some of the worst culprits at both defense and ball dropping. Therefore, I'm sorry to say but Flegler, Issako, Oates and Milf, you can't make this side until you prove you've changed in Q-Cup. Carrigan you stay but FAR less minutes cos you suck under fatigue but if you fail that badly again, Flegs is rotating with you.

This is not a pretty team but it will be far safer than the usual trash that goes out there and it may just paper over the cracks and get us through the season less scathed:

1. Farnworth
2. Mead
3. Niu
4. Copley
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Pangai Jr
9. Turpin
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Asiata

14. Hetherington (He can play the B.Smith role, elevate him)
15. Flegler/Carrigan
16. Bullemor
17. Teo

Look, I know this team is a mess but it is a safer mess than the current rubbish being put out...I think.

This might be a one off, who knows?

I think it's reasonable to wait a few weeks before you declare the sky is falling yet again, but you do you.
This isn't some recent event, a new season isn't some magic reset. We are still running the same squad, give or take who lost 9 straight in '19 and got flogged by parra in the semi's night after a bash on the pokies. They then took home the wooden spoon the following year, and are now 0-2 to start this season with a first year coach. How much more time are we meant to give them again? Are the same players who have played in some record breaking losses going to find some hidden magic thats just been hiding for years.

Last edited:
We've only played two rounds. I said it last week and I'll repeat it now - we're not going to have an instant turnaround under Kev. It's not going to be 0 to 100 just like that.

Hell yeah it's disappointing getting pumped for the new season and seeing a performance like tonight's, but these things take time.

You can't just come into a place and implement a new culture instantly. I feel like that's the biggest problem with this squad and this club at the moment, it's the culture. These guys don't know how to win. They don't know what this great club was once like. We were eons above the competition, an absolute powerhouse club. We need to find our way back to that place - leaders not followers.

I've no doubt Kev is making all the right moves behind the scenes to set the club back on its way to greatness, but we need to be patient. It's bigger picture stuff here.

Viva la Kevolution.

Last edited:
This isn't some recent event, a new season isn't some magic reset. We are still running the same squad, give or take who lost 9 straight in '19 and got flogged by parra in the semi's night after a bash on the pokies. They then took home the wooden spoon the following year, and are now 0-2 to start this season with a first year coach. How much more time are we meant to give them again?

...a few more weeks.

I mean what is whinging going to do about it? Support them or don't. New coach, new CEO incoming, more money to play with going forward. Have a coke and a smile and shut the **** up 😛

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ezpz
  • azza.79
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Thelmus
  • Justwin
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.