Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Maranta's stats very inflated of course by his run coast to coast.

Kahu helped those numbers too with his tap on passes.
Maranta needed to get around Morgan whether it was pinning the ears and heading for the line (even if he got taken over the side I'd still respect the effort) or step him entirely which he nearly did but then stepped back into Morgan.

Maranta needed to get around Morgan whether it was pinning the ears and heading for the line (even if he got taken over the side I'd still respect the effort) or step him entirely which he nearly did but then stepped back into Morgan.
For sure, yeah. He could have easily finished under the posts after he stepped Morgan, and instead... well, we all saw what happened.

Speed myth was busted too, but it's his decision making and instinct when it comes to the try line, that is most appalling and there's just nothing worse as a winger.

For sure, yeah. He could have easily finished under the posts after he stepped Morgan, and instead... well, we all saw what happened.

Speed myth was busted too, but it's his decision making and instinct when it comes to the try line, that is most appalling and there's just nothing worse as a winger.
it like he doesn't trust his arms to fend.

I hate it how getting a ball down when diving for the corner is considered a "line break".

How fast was Oates though. Perhaps his speed was exaggerated by the angle but he looked to be running twice the speed of anyone else.

Last edited:
Good stats from J Wallace. 26min. 14runs (125m). 1 Tackle break and 1 offload. 25 tackles.

and fan favorite:

Lachlan Maranta 14 runs (198m). 5 Tackle breaks. 3 line breaks and 2 tries.
SVRL Waivers coming in thick and fast.

How fast was Oates though. Perhaps his speed was exaggerated by the angle but he looked to be running twice the speed of anyone else.
He had to run further than anyone else on the field including the try scorer

Can you imagine if Oates ran the lines Glenn does. More power and that speed, he could be Menzies like in his try scoring efforts.

Can you imagine if Oates ran the lines Glenn does. More power and that speed, he could be Menzies like in his try scoring efforts.
Especially if he developed a fend instead of two arms wrapped around the ball playing it safe. He does prefer running lines on the right hand side of the field though

Why? That's bone-headed mate. It was tackle 1 ffs

Not true. He could see the Cowboys player had the angle on him. He could have pinned the ears back and been barreled into touch (which apparently would have been better according to some on here). Instead he took the low risk play, he probably realised it was tackle one, try and beat him one on one - if not, we have a full set inside their 20. What's so bad about that? It gives our attack more time on the opposition line and we all saw what happened.

Honestly, you guys need to realise he's a safety first player.

What Maranta did may have been low risk, but it's just not what gets the job done from wingers these days. Take a look at Reece Robinson's try on the weekend -- perfect example of a player backing himself. Never seen Maranta do that and frankly don't think he has it in him.

He's not a safety first player, he's a safety only player. He has no other gears and that's just not going to be good enough long term. Still, he did have a strong game overall and once Boyd is back he can go back to QLD Cup where safety only players belong.

The one thing I like about Lachlan is that he plays to the whistle. Everyone assumed something was up and Lachlan just burned them. He's been doing that since his debut and it's something I really admire about his game.

On the other, it wasn't so much that he got run down my Morgan. It's that he pulled up on his run a lot sooner than he had to if he wanted to re-adjust.

Still I don't think there's any shame being run down by Morgan and I'd much rather Lachlan go back on the inside then get bundled into touch going for the selfish play.

For the record I like Maranta but I think he squandered one of the rare opportunities he has gotten to prove he can attack. His initial line break came from literally falling through a hole - like his tries. My problem is that he ran straight into Morgan. He looked like he stepped him but then tried to go for a fend which failed. It doesnt help that his opportunities are limited as Hodgo doesnt seem to want to pass to him. (Copley was the same and looked like Kahu too until the last round).
Maranta is great under the highball and was pretty useful while we waited for Kahu to recover his catching ability.

Our situation is going to get interesting with first Copley coming back followed by Boyd.
We'll have Copley, Kahu, Oates, Maranta and Vidot vying for 2 wing spots.
I think Kahu has earned at least a wing spot (if not fullback) but might end up at right centre if Hodgo gets injured.
I think Copley is best at center but Hook and now Bennett seem to think otherwise.
I hope Oates and Vidot find a spot somewhere more than i want Maranta to have a spot. Im not convinced of their aerial ability but both are much more capable in attack.

I hope Oates and Vidot find a spot somewhere more than i want Maranta to have a spot. Im not convinced of their aerial ability but both are much more capable in attack.

I personally wouldn't say Vidot is better in attack than Maranta.

Why? That's bone-headed mate. It was tackle 1 ffs

Agreed, in situations like that it's far better to take the tackle then push your luck by giving them the opportunity to bundle you over the try line when you know they got you cornered. After defending your try line and getting the ball back it's all about field territory, we went from a line dropout/deep in our half to being deep in their half, to being on the offensive, I'd rather have the ability to continue attacking then risk losing it altogether on a slim chance he might make it. I'd been filthy on him for for attempting so and getting bundled into touch after doing so much hard work to keep the opposition out and then still being in a position to counter attack by taking the tackle.

Last edited:
Not true. He could see the Cowboys player had the angle on him. He could have pinned the ears back and been barreled into touch (which apparently would have been better according to some on here). Instead he took the low risk play, he probably realised it was tackle one, try and beat him one on one - if not, we have a full set inside their 20. What's so bad about that? It gives our attack more time on the opposition line and we all saw what happened.

Honestly, you guys need to realise he's a safety first player.
Honestly, you guys need to realise he is a clueless nuffie, who happens to be capable under the high ball.

During his run, he already holds in at the half way mark, then he simulates on the outside and steps on the inside, where Morgan misses the tackle and is out of balance. At this point Maranta has the inside run towards the posts, and this is where he should have pinned his ears back and gone for it, but instead... the idiot steps back right into Morgan, who thanks him and takes him down. Absolutely no attacking instint... ZERO!

He might not have made it to the all the way, but there was never a chance of him being bundled out into touch.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Rowdy124
  • Fitzy
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  • Wild Horse
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • KnToad
  • rj9
  • Galah
  • Jeza23
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.