PRE-GAME Round 3 - Broncos vs Dragons

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Hey guys I’m going to the game tomorrow night and have a spare ticket (father in-law pulled out and can’t come anymore). The seat is by itself because I booked it after I booked our seats. I’m not sure how I can get it to somebody but it’s really good seat. I’m thinking I can’t just forward the ticket tek confirmation if somebody wants the ticket. Don’t want it to go to waist. Msg me and we can figure out a way of getting you the ticket. Rather give somebody on here the chance of taking it first before I try other avenues of giving it away.

Edit by staff: Removed mobile number from public view

Last edited by a moderator:
Usually I’d say just win ffs, but I want the Sims and Hunt owned

Hey guys I’m going to the game tomorrow night and have a spare ticket (father in-law pulled out and can’t come anymore). The seat is by itself because I booked it after I booked our seats. I’m not sure how I can get it to somebody but it’s really good seat. I’m thinking I can’t just forward the ticket tek confirmation if somebody wants the ticket. Don’t want it to go to waist. Msg me and we can figure out a way of getting you the ticket. Rather give somebody on here the chance of taking it first before I try other avenues of giving it away.
I’m sorry about your father in law. I am told it happens to all guys at some time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Edit by staff: Removed mobile number from public view

Migut be worth making a separate thread to get more views?

Very generous offer though mate, kudos. I'd take you up on it for sure if I was in Brissie!

All 'Drag Queens' mob are singing more or less the same song to me.
Jimmy - something about concussion
Aiken- Broncos halfs crack under pressure (really? is it you making this statement you moron especially with your performance last week?)
H/c unt - I wish i get a win this round.
their Coach - Bird is a good player hope he doesn't perform against us.

None of them including their coach doesn't seem to be in a good head space with positive attitude.

What in the world are their intentions here? Are they conceding the game early or is their intent to play ONLY mind-games but not THE game?

All in all, I want to see a game on par with our last round game. This time though, time for Tariq & Mr. Glass to have extended time on the side lines so that they would second guess themselves next time they face us.

Last edited:
David Fifita ready for Tariq Sims in 'test against the best'

Author
Joel GouldNRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Thu 28 Mar 2019, 06:01 AM
Email
David Fifita wants to prove himself against the best and he will get that wish on Thursday night when he lines up against Dragons firebrand Tariq Sims in a battle which will be pivotal in the Broncos teenager’s quest to play for the Maroons this year.
Fifita told NRL.com earlier in the pre-season that he had written down his goal of representing Queensland in State of Origin this year. If he can get the better of NSW Blues forward Sims it will go a long way to convincing Queensland selectors that he is a genuine contender for an Origin debut at some stage of the series.
Fifita said he had been working closely with his right edge defenders Kodi Nikorima, James Roberts and Jamayne Isaako in preparation for a Dragons onslaught. Coming right at Fifita and Nikorima will be Sims, as he did last year while scoring a hat-trick in a 48-18 demolition of Brisbane
"We have spoken about it so we know what is coming on our edge," Fifita said.
"He is a good player Tariq, with his aggression. I like to come up against aggressive people. I’m a second-rower. He’s a second-rower. If you want to be the best you’ve got to take on the best. There are good second-rowers in my position and I just want to match it with them. We’ll see what happens on game day."
simms-t--180909_jo_1-1-3.jpg

Tariq Sims scores against Brisbane in the opening week of the 2018 finals series.©Jason O'Brien/NRL Photos
It is round two of Fifita v Sims. In the final last year Fifita scored a try himself early but left the field in the first half with an ankle injury. He does remember a vocal Sims giving the Broncos a serve and learning plenty from the experience.
"Because they were winning on the scoreboard he was rubbing it in our faces," Fifita said.
"I was nervous last year starting against St George [Illawarra] at Suncorp. That game didn’t go too well and wasn’t our day but I get the opportunity again. I learned from my experiences last year so I just have to do my job."
Fifita’s rise from playing Mal Meninga Cup under 18s for Souths-Logan last year to now being an integral member of the Broncos side has been stunning and that hype around him continues to grow.
"For me it is all about staying grounded with my league. The boys always keep me grounded and I am learning here every day with Lexi [Alex Glenn], Gillo [Matt Gillett] and [Jaydn] Su’A. They are all teaching me because they are second-rowers as well," Fifita said.
Fifita is related to Sharks star Andrew Fifita and his brother David.
Twelve months ago when you Googled ‘David Fifita’ the only player that came up on Wikipedia was the David Fifita now playing with Wakefield Trinity and formerly with Cronulla, although there are two David Fifitas with entries now.
"He was the better David Fifita. He’s the superstar," Fifita grinned.
"When I was 15 we played a curtain raiser at Suncorp to the Indigenous All Stars and that was the first time I met him. Ever since we’ve had that connection and the following year I met Andrew.

"Then this year I was fortunate enough to play with Andrew in the All Stars. I was his roomie. We are real close. My great grandparents and his great grandparents are related. Andrew and David keep a close relationship with me, keep me grounded and are always testing me."
Fifita said the best advice Andrew gave him was to work hard and stay level-headed. The teenager conceded they shared the same name but different personalities.
"He is funnier. He is a real character I just go with the flow and chill out," he grinned.
There will be nothing chilled about Fifita’s clash with Sims, and coach Anthony Seibold has warned as much.
"Our right edge has a big challenge of handling Tariq. He is a real weapon for them," Seibold said.
"We have made some subtle changes to how we defend and would like to think we’ll be a bit more aggressive there on the edges. It is one thing to see things on the video and make changes, but a lot more difficult under the bright lights of Suncorp Stadium and doing it."

Source: NRL.com

He’s going to be better.

I have huge wraps on David Fifita, but being reasonable, Tariq has been in the NRL a long time, Fifita is still only 18. Sims has been up & down in his career, mostly because of injury, but he's always been that great blend of aggression/insanity on both sides of the ball. If Fifita does get schooled a bit, and Tariq gets through him, or, more likely, is able to get to Nikorima, it will be a shame but not surprising. Regardless, it's going to be a great lesson for David.

I have huge wraps on David Fifita, but being reasonable, Tariq has been in the NRL a long time, Fifita is still only 18. Sims has been up & down in his career, mostly because of injury, but he's always been that great blend of aggression/insanity on both sides of the ball. If Fifita does get schooled a bit, and Tariq gets through him, or, more likely, is able to get to Nikorima, it will be a shame but not surprising. Regardless, it's going to be a great lesson for David.

Maybe sua could swap in if he starts getting toweled

Maybe sua could swap in if he starts getting toweled

Sua is a bit bigger maybe and more reknowned for being a hitter, but I don't know if he's any better in terms of positioning or decision making.

I'm getting a little frustrated with TPJ and his dodgy hammies. I was starting to think we can do without him, he's a liability and having hamstring issues at such a young age is a problem.

Then, he plays games like he did against the cowboys and I think, geez we need to keep him here long fucking term!

He was a wrecking ball, taking out anything in his way. Carting the ball up full steam and simply on a mission to win us the game. We have to re sign him asap! How the Rorters can afford him I have no clue but he's the enforcer we need because when TPJ is on, I don't see anyone stopping him. In saying that, let's see how he goes tonight. His problem is consistency so I want to see him back it up.

Hell, the entire team should be really up for this. We got our asses handed to us in last year's semi by these assholes and now they are talking shit? I will be absolutely filthy if I see a lack of energy and purpose for the 80 minutes tonight. Let's go!!!

Sua is a bit bigger maybe and more reknowned for being a hitter, but I don't know if he's any better in terms of positioning or decision making.

Yeah not saying that but would be good to give him a bone cruncher or 2 before Fifita gets rattled himself.

I’ve been Facebook free for a year. I never used it that much as it was, but it’s still been a positive experience not having it

I’ve been Facebook free for 6 years strong, it’s only recently I’ve considered reactivating, but it sounds like it’s a lot more toxic than it was way back when I was last on it

I’ve been Facebook free for 6 years strong, it’s only recently I’ve considered reactivating, but it sounds like it’s a lot more toxic than it was way back when I was last on it

Toxic and largely useless unless you like having how much better other peoples lives are compared to yours rubbed in your face

Mary has dropped Dufty and brought in Lomax for the Bench. Should make things interesting

The weather isn't encouraging.

I would have preferred a dry track, as I think that would suit us better. However, it looks like it's going to be a grind tonight and I'm not sure how these young guys will go going up against an experienced pack in such conditions.

The weather isn't encouraging.

I would have preferred a dry track, as I think that would suit us better. However, it looks like it's going to be a grind tonight and I'm not sure how these young guys will go going up against an experienced pack in such conditions.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR663.loop.shtml#skip

The rain seems to be fairly thin and sporadic so it may yet dry up in time for the game

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Lurker
  • mrslong
  • Culhwch
  • cento
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • HarryAllan7
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.