PRE-GAME Round 3 - Broncos vs Eels

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Rigged, unfair, illogical, bad luck, tough draw - I don't care, just give me some footy!!

How coincidental that all the undefeated teams are playing each other first up...

Bring it on, we lose Fifita and don't have TPJ, however Croft us fully fit, Glenn, Lodge and Offa are back. With Hass and Flegler's opening form and the addition of Lodge, the new 6 again we have the pitential to tear teams apart. I can see our spine sjinning big time.

Bring it on, we lose Fifita and don't have TPJ, however Croft us fully fit, Glenn, Lodge and Offa are back. With Hass and Flegler's opening form and the addition of Lodge, the new 6 again we have the pitential to tear teams apart. I can see our spine sjinning big time.
The new 6 again rule worries me as this is a weak area in our game. We managed to keep cook quiet in round 2, but in round 1 the cowboys were generating a lot of metres when granville started running out of dummy half. We found ourselves on the backfoot defensively.

Parra were very slow out of the blocks first game iirc.
It's as good a time to play them .

Early season is pretty much always about the forward packs. Early on, when teams are still trying to gel, get the ball handling and movements right, teams that can roll over the top have the most success. Just need the middle forwards to lift again.

The Eels were slow off the blocks but they will be up for this one.

They will take a lot of confidence from their previous win against us and they know we will wanting to get payback, which I think will give them extra motivation to spoil it for us.

However, I’ve always maintained that the Eels are not a tough gritty side that can grind out wins. If we can get them into a grind, we can frustrate them and force them into making costly mistakes.

Whether we capitalise on that or not is all going to depend on how motivated we are and whether the players have been staying in shape. If we come into this game fired up, we will come away with the win.

If we don’t, it’s going to be a long night because the Eels are very good at tearing apart teams that aren’t switched on.

Let’s hope the Broncs hit the ground running, they looked fantastic in the first two rounds, they looked organised and pumped, haven’t seen that since halfway through 2016.

I reckon it’ll be:

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
5. Arthars
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Turpin
10. Flegler
11. Glenn
12. Hoppa
13. Carrigan

14. Macca
15. Lodge
16. Joffa
17. Farnworth

Let’s hope the Broncs hit the ground running, they looked fantastic in the first two rounds, they looked organised and pumped, haven’t seen that since halfway through 2016.
Pretty frustrating that we looked really good in the first two rounds and then they decide to change the rules, which fundamentally changes the way teams defend.

Hopefully the new rule doesn't **** with our defence too much.

I think Croft could be quite dangerous as he likes the ball straight off the ruck and likes to bust back through the ruck (evidenced by his break against the cows in round 1 and another break in one of the trials).

Hopefully Milf moves in closer to the ruck as well, because he could catch a cold sitting out on his left edge waiting for the ball.

Last edited:
I think we won't be heavily affected by it. We were not a team that gave purposeful penalties before. Storm/roosters will be heavily affected by it.
Pretty frustrating that we looked really good in the first two rounds and then they decide to change the rules, which fundamentally changes the way teams defend.

I think Croft could be quite dangerous as he likes the ball straight off the ruck and likes to bust back through the ruck (evidenced by his break against the cows in round 1 and another break in one of the trials).

Hopefully Milf moves in closer to the ruck as well, because he could catch a cold sitting out on his left edge waiting for the ball.

Seibs is one of the few coaches that is happy with the rule changes ... especially as they are designed to try and minimise or eliminate the wrestle, which is a big weakness of ours, always has been

Seibs is one of the few coaches that is happy with the rule changes ... especially as they are designed to try and minimise or eliminate the wrestle, which is a big weakness of ours, always has been

The question remains, how long will the NRL stick to their guns when Melbourne are slipping out of the 8

The question remains, how long will the NRL stick to their guns when Melbourne are slipping out of the 8

under Greenturd ... about 2 weeks.

Vlandys could be a different proposition though ... he seems to be very interested in eliminating the wrestle to improve the game as a spectacle. there are reports that as well as these current rule changes, next year he is looking at reducing the interchange

They did try and crack down a few years ago for the first month of the season and then they caved to media pressure about too many penalties. Maybe it’ll be different this time.

They did try and crack down a few years ago for the first month of the season and then they caved to media pressure about too many penalties. Maybe it’ll be different this time.
Yeah from memory it was "coincidently" around the same time Smith got binned for backchat. There were a crazy amount of penalties that night.

Look at what happened to Cleary, Mitchell, Cartwright and Addo-Carr, nothing has changed. They might talk tougher but the proof is that the pudding looks awfully similar, even if it takes longer to make.

Active Now

• westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.