Round 3 Discussion

Really surprised with how poorly the Roosters are going in defense. I understand that they were going to battle offensively with 2 young halves.

Just shows how much an organiser means to a team. We all make fun of Pearce, but he'd give them real structure at the very least.

I don't agree. The pack has always led the way, Friend being more influential than Pearce. The Roosters looked identical with a Maloney Hastings pairing.

Also, even with Napa, Moa, Evans, Taukeaho, etc, when was the last time you saw a series of dominant "power sets" from them in attack? Tunnel-ball was fundamental to their style. They'd be counting on the "crackdown" lasting as long as touching the refs.

I think the Latrell Mitchell hype is way overstated. All I see is a ball hog who wont pass. Teams will take notice of this soon and cut him down when he has the ball because he refuses to keep them guessing with a pass.
Also, SKD is being wasted on the wing for the Roosters. They need him in the centres away from Blake Ferguson
Copleys injury is unfortunate but it may turn out to be a blessing for the Roosters now that they can switch SKD to centre which is his best position and give him more ball. As for Nikorima and Hastings, they remind me of Brooks & Moses in their first year. They will get better but its going to take a full season at least. Patience is going to be needed for both of them.

I think the Latrell Mitchell hype is way overstated. All I see is a ball hog who wont pass. Teams will take notice of this soon and cut him down when he has the ball because he refuses to keep them guessing with a pass.
Also, SKD is being wasted on the wing for the Roosters. They need him in the centres away from Blake Ferguson
Copleys injury is unfortunate but it may turn out to be a blessing for the Roosters now that they can switch SKD to centre which is his best position and give him more ball. As for Nikorima and Hastings, they remind me of Brooks & Moses in their first year. They will get better but its going to take a full season at least. Patience is going to be needed for both of them.

Yeah agree with all of this. Mitchell looks a long way off the hype, I am sure he will get better but I honestly doubt he will reach the 'inglis-clone hype' (and on that, not every big back coming through the juniors needs to be classed as a 'inglis-clone'".

Copley's injury sucks for him, but it won't really impact them negatively.

I really hate how the media pumps up emerging players labelling them the next GI, next Fittler, next Johns etc. It places to much expectation on them, hurts their confidence and sets them up for ridicule from the fans if they don't live up to it ( Anasta). I haven't forgotten just how many people pumped up Brett Seymour back in the day and he never did a thing and got shafted everwhere he went.

Tipped Parra to beat Canterbury tonight. Can't wait for tonight's game a Bulldogs V Eels clash is one of the best games to watch when both teams are on.

I'm looking forward to it so much I'll be watching the 20/20 and I'm a test purist.

I really hate how the media pumps up emerging players labelling them the next GI, next Fittler, next Johns etc. It places to much expectation on them, hurts their confidence and sets them up for ridicule from the fans if they don't live up to it ( Anasta). I haven't forgotten just how many people pumped up Brett Seymour back in the day and he never did a thing and got shafted everwhere he went.

I agree with most of this - except Seymour had plenty of off-field issues as well, and dragged a couple of good young players down with him. He shafted himself out of multiple opportunities because he wouldn't get his shit together.

He's captain/coach of norths here in Mackay this year.
He's a shadow (actually 20 shadows) of his former self & no disrespect intended but looks like the "ice" man.
Reminds me of one A.Beetson running out in SOO1
And lookout the Cowboys are coming

Last edited:
I would've tipped the Eels tonight, but I think Peats and Ma'u are big losses, it's a shame that Eastwood is out, that weakens their bench quite a bit with Kasiano being forced to start.

Bulldogs by 4.

I'm on the Eels here, but not with much confidence

Doggies. I heard Cowboys played like shit last week.

I would've tipped the Eels tonight, but I think Peats and Ma'u are big losses, it's a shame that Eastwood is out, that weakens their bench quite a bit with Kasiano being forced to start.

Bulldogs by 4.

Fucking hell I forgot completely about that.

Anyone one else think that Mbye looks like a seven-tenths scale Hopoate?

Oh ho Radradra!! Try of the year contended there!

****, that was amazing from Semi. God Hopoate is fucking shit too.

You can't pair Mbye and Reynolds together, just like you can't pair Hastings and Nikorima. They have no idea how to structure a side, no idea what to do with the ball and their team.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brotherdu
  • HarryAllan7
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • lynx000
  • whykickamoocow
  • Financeguy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.