Round 3 Discussion

Granville still getting his head into guys' hips I see..

Frei is back on. Napa falls off Taumaulolo leaving Latrell and Niko to try and keep him out.

Brilliant pass from Morgan to Feldt

537693-matt-parchell.jpg

Cough McCullough cough.

Suspected broken leg? His upper and lower shin are in different post codes!

Cough McCullough cough.
This isn't as silly as it sounds. With the roosters dragging Friend down, Granville being average and Segeyaro hurt, he's my next choice at the moment.

Last edited:
Cough McCullough cough.

Sounds like you've got a turd in your throat...

I'm kiddin', Macca is definitely in the race - he just needs to break away from the pack. Feels like he's been running a long time now with little to show for it.

So how many boats does Politis have lined up for SBW? That was a weak performance from the Roosters and as some other amazing poster said it was the senior players who were letting them down. Tupou with the dud plays at the beginning, Guerra with the soft efforts and Friend with the kick out on the full. Only two players can hold their heads up - SKD and Napa. The rest can ride the bus back to Sydney.

JNik nowhere near ready for first grade. Robinson is killing his confidence.

Yep I do agree but the problem is that the senior players are not stepping up and helping out, if anything the senior players look completely disinterested and that combined with the losing mentality starting to creep in, it's not a good sign for any of their talented kids.

I didn't realise Hasting's is only 20. I knew he was young but not that young. He looks older. To get thrown into that side is a tough ask. If only the Roosters had an Origin rep half that could look after these young fellas.

JNik looked pretty knackered most of the time. When he ran in support of SKD he looked like he didn't want SKD to pass it to him. In saying that there were about 5 Cowboys players on SKD and no other Rooster so the passing options were almost none.

Frei did alright for a debut where defending was the order of the day. Bolton scored with Frei and someone else attempting to hold him out and he had the pill spill free on one of his few second half runs but he also had some fine defending and runs.

Last edited:
Robinson doesn't have much say in the matter, if Mitchell Pearce wasn't so handsy JNik would be lining the bench and Henderson probably wouldn't be doped up on morphine.

Pearce ruins everything.

It doesn't help when you've got "the next GI" learning the ropes. He's a quality player, but the media need to cut out the Inglis comparison. It isn't fair on him and quite frankly feels forced.

Yep I do agree but the problem is that the senior players are not stepping up and helping out, if anything the senior players look completely disinterested and that combined with the losing mentality starting to creep in, it's not a good sign for any of their talented kids.
Yeah, that is the core of the problem. I understand Robinson has no choice after Pearce shenanigans, but without the support of the senior players, JNik was always going to drown out there. He's got the quality, but nowhere near the maturity to lead this bunch of headless chooks!

Just shows how much an organiser means to a team. We all make fun of Pearce, but he'd give them real structure at the very least.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.