Round 3 Discussion

The new strip rule is great. It’s one of those common sense rule changes that very rarely happen.

If the second defender gets shrugged off or drops off, even if it’s planned, they are no longer part of the tackle. Defending teams should not be penalised if the second defender is no longer part of the tackle.

that would be fine except the defenders are allowed to get a good grip on the ball first, while the player is being held by multiple defenders ... and then once he has a good shot at stripping the others drop off ...

this isn't rugby bloody union

Yep....I think the new strip rule is fucked as well. Another example of the NRL getting it wrong. A lot of 1 on 1 strips I saw on the weekend still had two in the tackle at the moment the wrestle for the ball started.

Anytime a rule needs to be interpreted by an official....they'll **** it up more times than not.
If the refs had the brains to interpret the old rule properly it would have been fine.
Instead we now have a more of a 2 in 1 than before.

So cardboard spectators.......and fake crowd ambiance (audio).

Is this to benefit TV viewers or the players?
Pretty sure the fake crowd noise is only on the tellie.
I like it and apparently it's been noticed around the world and fox have had a lot of enquiry from overseas televisors

Last edited:
Pretty sure the fake crowd noise is only on the tellie.
I like it and apparently it's been noticed around the world and fox have had a lot of enquiry from overseas televisors
Love the fake crowd sound. It reminds me of a time many moons ago when fans attended sporting events. The response in North America has been positive concerning the weekend's matches which were televised on select cable networks. They love the front on physicality of it despite not wearing any equipment. RL may be the only game in town for them as sport over there is talking up a return but is in no way realistic. Certainly the exposure of the game will do wonders for it popularity wise.

Just read that the Warriors were very un-warriorlike ... 46/48 completed sets, the most in NRL history

Love the fake crowd sound. It reminds me of a time many moons ago when fans attended sporting events. The response in North America has been positive concerning the weekend's matches which were televised on select cable networks. They love the front on physicality of it despite not wearing any equipment. RL may be the only game in town for them as sport over there is talking up a return but is in no way realistic. Certainly the exposure of the game will do wonders for it popularity wise.
Are you in the US or do you have an article. Be interested to read it if you do.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.