Round 3 Discussion

Newcastle did extremely well to hold the Panthers out for the opening 15, but when they had their chances, their inexperience really took it's toll. Klemmer was creating a lot of second phase, but Randall didn't know what to do with it and Penrith were rarely tested. In the end, they threw it wide to Lee just hoping to pull something off and he just invited the Panthers back into it and they took full advantage through Kikau.

Edrick Lee just kicked a guy in the head trying to stop a try and the video ref said it’s ok. What a farce.

I was surprised it wasn't picked up during the review process, but they got it in the end.

Last edited:
Funny how we are 30mins into this game, yet not one six again infringement.
Are the knights and Penrith that far ahead of where we were on Thursday night?
Correct me if I am wrong, Brisbane copped 3 six again calls against them, in the lead up to Parra’s first try..? Yet in 30mins of this game, not one has been called.

Some great consistency, yet again.

The Broncos didn't cop three six again calls, the third infringement was a traditional penalty for a strip.

The Broncos didn't cop three six again calls, the third infringement was a traditional penalty for a strip.
Ok, even at 2.
We are now 50mins into this game and we have not seen a single six again infringement.
I just struggle to see how we got 2 in the lead up to their first try but for 50mins of this game there has not even been 1.
maybe this ref has forgotten the new rule.

WTF? What Lee did was irrelevant, the Panthers had knocked on.

WTF? What Lee did was irrelevant, the Panthers had knocked on.
I thought you were allowed to tackle the player the second they touched it.

It's not the responsibility of the defence to wait for the attacker to take control of the ball before they're allowed to hit them... Luai touched so he was free game.

Lee should've been penalised for a high shot... just Cummins being inept

Newcastle has done extremely well to be this close with fifteen to go. They had every excuse to crack under this pressure and injuries.

14-All KTC

Hardly a barnstorming game but the Knights are really putting in. Panthers really have no excuses given the injuries the Knights are carrying.

I'm really hating the strip rule.
I don't see a lot of difference between having 2 in a tackle or 1 when a player gets hold of the ball first then calls for the others to drop off.
The rule came in to stop the howler when someone had a pinky on the attacker or when a shrugged off defender was considered still a part of the tackle.
Just another example of coaches taking the piss.

The new strip rule is great. It’s one of those common sense rule changes that very rarely happen.

If the second defender gets shrugged off or drops off, even if it’s planned, they are no longer part of the tackle. Defending teams should not be penalised if the second defender is no longer part of the tackle.

Looks like we'll get golden shower time.

Wow Burton looks like he will be a superstar but goodness me, he can’t kick field goals. He had 79 minutes to line up and almost straight in front and still misses it by a mile.

Wow Burton looks like he will be a superstar but goodness me, he can’t kick field goals. He had 79 minutes to line up and almost straight in front and still misses it by a mile.

I'd still take him over Milford (in the FG department only).

Active Now

• porouian
  • jarro65
  • Big Del
  • Manlyman
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • davidp
  • Skathen
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • azza.79
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.