17. Kodi Nikorima
Coach: Anthony GriffinCoach: Wayne Bennett
Referees: Grant Atkins, Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Casey Badger
Video Referees: Bryan Norrie, Jason Robinson, Luke Patten
Kick-Off: 6:30pm (QLD Time)
Broadcast: Fox Sports 1

Last edited:
U20's - Seems like a blow away, just wait 5 mins.

well the ol sun-in-the-eyes at half time trick might just do a trick

2 quick tries in the shady left corner and its a bit of a game after all..

Late Mail:

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin names Te Maire Martin to make his NRL debut against Brisbane, along with a number of other key changes.

1. Will Smith
2. Josh Mansour
12. Isaah Yeo
4. Peta Hiku
5. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
18. Te Maire Martin
7. Jamie Soward
8. Sam McKendry
9. Peter Wallace ©
10. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
11. Bryce Cartwright
6. Tyrone Peachey
17. Elijah Taylor

INTERCHANGE

15. Jeremy Latimore
16. Suaia Matagi
20. James Fisher-Harris
22. Leilani Latu

Why is Peter Wallace playing Hooker? Griffin tried that at Brisbane and it didn't work too well.

lol swear he's trying to squeeze him out there too

nah i can see why i spose, but the peachy to 2R stinks of the mccullough experiment.. god help hook if he wants to keep the 'great job at the great club'

haha sweet as a nut

Last edited:
Why is Peter Wallace playing Hooker? Griffin tried that at Brisbane and it didn't work too well.

They don't really have anyone else, and he actually played better there than in the halves last time.

I haven't watched much of the Panthers this year, so I'll have to take your word for it. I can't see him playing anywhere near 80 minutes.

Panthers beat the Broncos 48-16 in the NYC, let's hope our first grade squad fairs better.

Wallace's performance last week was actually better than Segeyaro's in Round 1. The key for Wallace is that he keeps it simple. He gets his forwards over the advantage line and usually compliments that with an inside ball so he can give Soward as much time as possible on the last.

Segs on the other hand is constantly judging whether he should run or pass. That split second throws everything off for Penrith and they usually waddle around as a result.

No surprises with the side from Griffin. I expect a better performance from them than last week. The inclusion of Smith and Martin suggests they'll be more creative with the footy. It's just a matter of whether their defence can hold the Broncos out.

Merrin is a big out for them.

Taylor can match him for work rate in defence but that's about it. Much less grunt in attack and lacks the same ability to offload.

Last edited:
love it how any team that's won 30% or better all time against the broncos has "a terrrrrr-iffic record against the broncos" ... commentators really are stupid sometimes

So what did we do to Vossy? The hate seems strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.