Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Nick Parfitt won that award three times, it still doesn't automatically convert to a successful NRL career. The jury is still out on Isaako which Bennett will be well aware.

Look at Shannon Walker as well. Killed it in Qcup

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Not sure mate. He had a good year, but it's not like he had the wraps on him somebody Haas or Fifita has is my point. It's not like I'm saying dont sign him either, I just think a 3 year deal for him is a bit much just now.
The thing I like about him is that he seems to be relatively mistake free.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Look at Shannon Walker as well. Killed it in Qcup
As do Shayne Neumann, Marmin Barba, Daniel Ogden and Carlin Andersen. Success in the minors often doesn't convert into the big time.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Back up NRL FB on a lower salary before he booms up yea silly idea

Locking him up early is a good idea but i would rather go a 2 year deal. You ideally dont want your backups locked in long term in case something happens down the track. I think 3 years is generally for the established first graders of the team

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I often get the feeling that the Broncs love to rush players in before they completely recover from injury. So many players come back ahead of schedule, and some (like Boyd) don't look 100% ready. I hope we aren't making a mistake with Bird if he plays this week.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Not certain, but I think his FG kicking percentage is currently 100% as well. he proved his worth when we lost Kahu last Friday night. His goals made the difference to a win or a loss.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I wouldn't be in a rush to bring Sua back. He was complete garbo in round 1. Oppacic will be on the bench again this week i'd imagine as it's Bird's first game back and he provides decent cover.

It's disappointing that Kahu is facing a month or two on the sidelines. I feel if he was fit Oates may have moved to the bench.

If Boyd doesn't pull his finger out soon, he's going to be forced to move to centre. He just doesn't seem to have the fitness, pace or ability to bend over for grubbers anymore. Will probably need a walking stick come next year, and mobility scooter for his final season in 2021... fml

Everyone was garbo in rd 1 except maybe tpj

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
As do Shayne Neumann, Marmin Barba, Daniel Ogden and Carlin Andersen. Success in the minors often doesn't convert into the big time.
Some guys will go on and do exactly the same job at the higher level, and benefit from having better players around them. it's all about temperament.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
For sure, but wheres the money coming from?

I dont see a spot for Kahu in the starting side.

I do
On the wing where he belongs. Dont underestimate how important he is to our side. Not only is he our goal kicker but he does alot of the little things too. Dont forget he was the one who caught that short drop out against the cowboys when we had our backs to the wall at 8-0 down and looking at possibly 14-0. We scored off that set to.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Isaako is a quality player.

You can always tell which players are going to succeed at NRL level and which players aren't, Isaako is one of those that will succeed.

We lock him up, he won't disappoint.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Broncos need to look at a guy like Jayson Bukuya for next season.comes off contract this year has heaps of experience would fit into the back row
Why??? He's like a carbon copy of Glenn

B

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2015

You can always tell which players are going to succeed at NRL level and which players aren't, Isaako is one of those that will succeed.

I was also impressed with his goal kicking. Very solid under the bright lights.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013

Agree, you can tell he's going to be good by his body & ability to kick the ball, he's a natural footy player. I think at absolute worst he will be a Sosaia Feki level finisher that can also kick goals and do Feldt style kick-off & drop-outs. Every club needs those type of players, especially us with Oates likely moving on at the end of the season.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
I do
On the wing where he belongs. Dont underestimate how important he is to our side. Not only is he our goal kicker but he does alot of the little things too. Dont forget he was the one who caught that short drop out against the cowboys when we had our backs to the wall at 8-0 down and looking at possibly 14-0. We scored off that set to.

Not at all, his body is fragile, hes klumsy at times as a player, is unreliable as a centre, does not have the size for a centre. Oates and Isaako bring more to the side on the wings.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Round3Team

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Wests Tigers:

1. Corey Thompson
2. David Nofoaluma
3. Esan Marsters
4. Kevin Naiqama
5. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak
6. Benji Marshall (c)
7. Luke Brooks
8. Russell Packer
9. Pita Godinet
10. Ben Matulino
11. Chris Lawrence
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Matthew Eisenhuth

Interchange:

14. Matt McIlwrick
15. Alex Twal
16. Michael Chee Kam
17. Josh Aloiai

Reserves:

18. Tyson Gamble
19. Sauaso Sue
20. Tim Grant
21. Taane Milne

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Broncs1459
  • Midean
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Mr Fourex
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • mrslong
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.