Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Nothing better than dishing out a shellacking to the Titans. :mrgreen:

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
With Hodges and Hannant back(Copley and Beale out) I can see us going very well if we hold the damn ball.

A Titans thrashing would be really awesome.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Side I'd like to see...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Shane Tronc
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Te'o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Nick Kenny/Mitch Dodds/Dane Carlaw/Dunamis Lui/Whoever has a good Q Cup game

user_nat

user_nat

NRL Player
Aug 29, 2009
Anderson any chance?

Last years 2 games against the Titans were probably amongst our best, hopefully that trend continues.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
Side I'd like to see...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Shane Tronc
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Te'o
16. Josh McGuire
17. Nick Kenny/Mitch Dodds/Dane Carlaw/Dunamis Lui/Whoever has a good Q Cup game

Looks good to me. Would probably swap Gillett and Glenn as I tought Gillett looked very good tonight, but then again Glenn did too so either option wouldn't have me complaining.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Jeba said:
Big Pete said:
Side I'd like to see...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Shane Tronc
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Te'o
16. Josh McGuire

Looks good to me. Would probably swap Gillett and Glenn as I tought Gillett looked very good tonight, but then again Glenn did too so either option wouldn't have me complaining.

Te'o to start over Glenn.

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
they said torn calf on anderson i would have said 50/50 with a strain but a tear would have to assume hes not there next week.

we played better once it was back to macca on the field tonight. time to get rid of ben hunt all together. i hope hook has enough intelligence to see that

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Jeba said:
Big Pete said:
Side I'd like to see...

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jharal Yow Yeh
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Shane Tronc
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Te'o
16. Josh McGuire

I really didn't think Gillett was that great, still doesn't seem to be running the right lines, always flat-footed and defence isn't as strong IMO.

I think he's a weapon, and to bring him off the bench would be a great luxury.

Normally I'd agree but Glenn deserves to stay there after tonight.

Ideally, Te'o will come good and our bench will be...

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. McGuire
17. Anderson

At full strength.

B

Big_Dave

QCup Player
Mar 15, 2010
Big Pete said:

Normally I'd agree but Glenn deserves to stay there after tonight.

Ideally, Te'o will come good and our bench will be...

14. Glenn
15. Gillett
16. McGuire
17. Anderson

At full strength.

The problem I have with Te'o starting over Glenn is the balance of the side.
McDummy could go well playing the full 80, but there will be some games he would need a rest or has an off night. I can't picture Te'o playing too much dummy half. And you don't want to shift Glenn from backrower after doing a heaps of tackling to the hooker role

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
I'm 5th row in the Broncos supporters section. Can't wait! I think it will be a fantastic game, certainly hope Hannant and Hodges are back.

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
my fave game of the year. everyone to the away supporters bay!!!

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Hm...I think I might get myself a ticket after all.

Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
I'd like to see
1. Hoffman
2. Gagai
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCollough
10. McGurie
11. Teo
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glen
15. Gillet
16. Tronc
17. Anderson, Kenny, Dodds

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think Glenn was great last night and should certainly keep starting in the back row. There must be a reason Te'o is starting on the bench so I think he needs to earn his starting spot back.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I think Glenn was great last night and should certainly keep starting in the back row. There must be a reason Te'o is starting on the bench so I think he needs to earn his starting spot back.

Agreed. I think Te'o has been disappointing in the first 2 rounds considering how well he played last season. Every now and then you get a player who has a ripper season a couple of years into his career and then he goes back to mediocrity, I hope Te'o doesn't go down that path.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:

Agreed. I think Te'o has been disappointing in the first 2 rounds considering how well he played last season. Every now and then you get a player who has a ripper season a couple of years into his career and then he goes back to mediocrity, I hope Te'o doesn't go down that path.

It seems like he wasn't very good through the off season as well. I have no proof of this though.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":37kpqs88]I think Glenn was great last night and should certainly keep starting in the back row. There must be a reason Te'o is starting on the bench so I think he needs to earn his starting spot back.

It seems like he wasn't very good through the off season as well. I have no proof of this though.[/quote:37kpqs88]

In the trial I watched at Redcliffe he was very good in the first 20 minutes or so after he came on but then took a bit of a back seat after that. But I'd put that down to Hook trying out all the combinations etc.

What pissed me off last night was when he gave away the penalty for throwing the ball away. He should know better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.