Round 3 - Titans vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Big Pete said:
To be fair, that was probably the softest penalty of all time - how many times do you see that a game?

Every time someone on the last tackle throws it away. It's an automatic penalty.

Kris

Kris

State of Origin Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Dangit. I can't go to this game this year! I can't even watch it on Friday night. :cry:

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
dammit was going to get tickets but can't go now and won't even be able to watch it on tv.

i hope we dont expect too much of hodges, first game (in nrl) for a very long time, but boy i hope he gets through it alright.

VERY worried about titans coming off a smashing

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx? ... st-in-time

The Broncos have so far taken a calm, measured approach to the fitness of their key personnel, Hodges and Hannant. Neither has been rushed back into the fold, despite their protestations.

"They were both pretty keen to play (the Raiders), and I'd be very surprised if they're not both back," football operations manager Andrew Gee said yesterday.

Hannant has been battling to overcome a calf strain suffered in the preseason, but

shapes as an ideal replacement for Anderson.

Hodges' long-awaited return will necessitate a more complex reshuffle.

Hodges was desperate to play the Raiders but was placed in cotton wool for an extra week.

His stand-in, Norths Devils revelation Jack Reed, has earned a third NRL jumper in this week's derby.

In Gagai's absence, Reed is likely to be shuffled from right centre to left wing to partner centre Gerard Beale.

Reed's form has made his selection a fait accompli, keeping late round 2 inclusion Dale Copley and speedster Denan Kemp on his tail.
Sounds good :)

Interesting Reed going left wing but I guess that's the only other spot for him with Hodges at right centre. I would have preferred Reed to go left centre, Kemp or Copley left wring and Beale left right out but it's a good backline either way.

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
left wing for a centre/backrower?

ffs... drop hunt already as well. this is getting ridiculous.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
broncospwn said:
Interesting Reed going left wing but I guess that's the only other spot for him with Hodges at right centre. I would have preferred Reed to go left centre, Kemp or Copley left wring and Beale left right out but it's a good backline either way.
Yeah, I'd prefer Reed at left centre with either Kemp (if fit ang going ok) or Copley on the wing.
Tagatese has been a bit of a wrecking ball lately and will be hanging around our left fringe, so a good defensive centre like Reed seems to be would be a plus.
Besides, there's a speedster in Meade we need to account for and Prince has been known to kick behind the line early to his wingers...

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Reed to left centre, Beale to wing?

Seems much more logical given both players experience in playing those specific positions.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
m1c said:

Seems much more logical given both players experience in playing those specific positions.
Has Beale played wing? [icon_shru

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Seems as if they want to keep Beale in the side. No idea why.

Simple solution would be to drop Beale and shift Reed to the left. Not that hard [icon_shru Reed doesn't look like the player who needs to play on one side of the field to get the most out of him.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Porthoz said:
m1c said:

Has Beale played wing? [icon_shru

Yes, albeit briefly when Winter got injured in the Round 1 game against the Cowboys.

Came up with a mistake off a Thurston kick which ended up being a Cows try.

The coaching staff must obviously see something in Beale because I can't figure it out yet.

shaneomac

shaneomac

NYC Player
Apr 7, 2009
bhq peeps going to this game do you guys do a meet up drink session or something? ive never met any of you but i randomly once bumped into someone on one of the buses and we got talking.

im shy until about bourbon 5-35 [icon_lol1.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Pass on this game can't make it :( but happy to catch up for a drink at another game sometime soon

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I went to Skilled Stadium once, I decided I would not return unless it is a finals games...

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
I went to Skilled Stadium once, I decided I would not return unless it is a finals games...

As far as watching the game goes it's a good stadium, but if you're there wanting to have a drink and have minimal disruption getting in and out, it's ordinary.

But I'm there to watch the game so I'll be there icon_thumbs_u

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Jeba said:
Bucking Beads said:

As far as watching the game goes it's a good stadium, but if you're there wanting to have a drink and have minimal disruption getting in and out, it's ordinary.

Yeah good to watch the game all the other factors make it stupid, add all the Titans fans and I'd be on suicide watch haha

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Bucking Beads said:
Jeba said:
[quote="Bucking Beads":10sq45h4]I went to Skilled Stadium once, I decided I would not return unless it is a finals games...

Yeah good to watch the game all the other factors make it stupid, add all the Titans fans and I'd be on suicide watch haha[/quote:10sq45h4]

just sit in the away supporters bay, its so awesome. better broncos noise than at suncorp and we have won the last 2 times there!

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
shaneomac said:

Would love to meet up, but I don't know of any pubs in walking distance.

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Mister Wright said:
shaneomac said:

Would love to meet up, but I don't know of any pubs in walking distance.

There's none really. Robina Tavern runs shuttle buses to and from the game though FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.