Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:00

Cowboys

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who would have thunk it ... It only took 3 matches from the pessimism and negativity to return.

Although TBF, it's never too far away around these parts

2 games really, it wasn't so bad after we beat Souths.

Oates to 17 does give us the flexibility to cover if any of the spine goes down. Not sure if an extra hooker on the bench this game is needed TBH.

Oates to 17 does give us the flexibility to cover if any of the spine goes down. Not sure if an extra hooker on the bench this game is needed TBH.
What to you suggest Walters can play 80? Walters needs to play less minutes not more. Sign someone better than Oates to play that role there are a litterance of them who would get releases easily.

Thank god we have sailor sitting there. This is less than ideal to start the season. The hit on walsh looked deliberate. The head clash was obviously not the intention but going as high as he did he obviously wanted to level Walsh regardless.

May was trying to stop Reece passing and or make a ball and all tackle .
If Reece still had the ball in his hands I think it would have prevented the head clash . As May would have hit his arms with the ball between their bodies .
People saying it was deliberate are reaching . Who would think that head butting the opposition is good idea other than Vilasanti ?

Headbutts are free game boys!

Leave Reynolds to recover, no point rushing him back for this when so many others out.

Let Cobbo keep developing at centre - bring Sailor into fullback.
Willison for Baker is a no brainer at this point.
Tapau survives by default.

We are without a huge number of strike players, but it makes no difference if forwards aren't dominating and rolling up the field. Hope to see what's left of this team working and fighting hard to dominate the middle of the field and create space for Mam, Sailor, Cobbo Staggs - we still have plenty of firepower. No excuses to not be competitive and keep our season alive until Haas, Walsh and Reynolds come back

If Reece still had the ball in his hands I think it would have prevented the head clash . As May would have hit his arms with the ball between their bodies .
People saying it was deliberate are reaching . Who would think that head butting the opposition is good idea other than Vilasanti ?

I've watched it a few times now....to me, its was an accidental clash of heads.

That said.....I could go as far as to say it was reckless .....and he made contact with the head. That in itself should have got him 10 in the bin.

What to you suggest Walters can play 80? Walters needs to play less minutes not more. Sign someone better than Oates to play that role there are a litterance of them who would get releases easily.

No not at all. I think both Walters and Smoothy could probably play 80. Smoothy and Hetherington? I dont see many getting released on the budget that exists.

No not at all. I think both Walters and Smoothy could probably play 80. Smoothy and Hetherington? I dont see many getting released on the budget that exists.
Not a single one of them costs 350k. Pay there wage and give the clubs a million in extra compensation for all I care the lack of someone being able to do that role and costed us 2 games out of 3 before they even really began has costed us signing. If not fixed quick smart it will be the difference between the hunt for a premiership or not. Not only does it fix a gaping hole in our side but it means we can just play the 2 middles who are actually playing good footy from the bench in Hetho and Willison and our middle depth turns into Baker and Taupau rather than Willison being exiled and Hunt and Te Kura as depth in its current form.

Exactly…

Then the forum descended into the bunch of ferals that we detest when other fans do it and called for injuring players.

Willison for Baker is a no brainer at this point.
Tapau survives by default.

If you bring Willison in for Baker ... The who do we bring in to fill Willisons bench spot

I hope we dont put Sailor at fullback. I dont rate the bloke, his defence just isnt strong enough. I'd be moving Cobbo, sliding Arthars to center and just bringing in Oatsey.
On the other hand, I’d like Cobbo to built that defensive chemistry with arthers. Tough choice for me.

It was an accidental clash, but it still doesnt mean it wasnt dangerous and reckless.

Precedents have been set for this kind of incident, and the NRL arent playing by the same rules they previously set.

I hope we dont put Sailor at fullback. I dont rate the bloke, his defence just isnt strong enough. I'd be moving Cobbo, sliding Arthars to center and just bringing in Oatsey.
I can see the merit in letting Cobbo to continue learning his centre position.

If you have a ready made fullback waiting in the wings like Sailor, logic says your use him instead of rearranging the team.

Cobbo's fullback defence is a work in progress as well......

On the other hand, I’d like Cobbo to built that defensive chemistry with arthers. Tough choice for me.

I think Cobbo showed enough last night to be ahead of Sailor. I'm a bit biased probably because i just dont rate Sailor. He's fine against sides who offer little in attack because he does have a decent skill set, but i just dont like his defensive game in general.

I can see the merit in letting Cobbo to continue learning his centre position.

If you have a ready made fullback waiting in the wings like Sailor, logic says your use him instead of rearranging the team.

Cobbo's fullback defence is a work in progress as well......

It is, but its still better than Sailor.

I think Cobbo showed enough last night to be ahead of Sailor. I'm a bit biased probably because i just dont rate Sailor. He's fine against sides who offer little in attack because he does have a decent skill set, but i just dont like his defensive game in general.
He's not too bad. Did well during the origin period last year (game against Warriors comes to mind).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• something
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • eggstar10
  • rj9
  • kiwibronco
  • Johnny92
  • kat00
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Adammacca
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Cavalo
  • Allo
  • davidp
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
... and 37 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.