Round 4 - Broncos v Dragons - Pre Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please enlighten me.

Why did RTS and SKD score? Was it brilliant creative play by the chooks, or lousy one-on-one defence AND no one coming across in cover having NOT seen the bloody obvious play that was about to happen?

Screw those 2 tries, the one that sickened me was the Moa try.

I don't get why some are so confident of a win.

We won 2 games that were a bit scrappy (win is a win though!) and lost a game we should have won because we fell asleep at the wheel.

Dragons have won all 3 games and 2 were impressive wins:

Put 40 on the Tigers who have beaten the Titans and Rabbitohs since
Put 40 on the Warriors who beat the Cowboys last night.

It wasn't an impressive win against the Sharks but they did have Carney back.

Until I see some consistent footy from the Broncos I won't be confident going in to any game.

I'm looking for continued improvement in this game. I want to see the Hunt/Hoffman/Barba/Macca combination continue to grow. McGuire will be pumped for a big game after missing a week and I heard that Hannant will be back. Oates coming back is also a huge plus for us.

The Dragons are certainly not minnows this season. Widdop appears to be in career best form and even Quinlan is playing great.

It will be a really hard game, just as hard as the Rooster game, IMO. Our forwards will again need to lay the platform for Hunt and co to work off.

Our forwards pretty much kept the Roosters in their own half for most of the match. If they muscle up again, it'll be even easier against the terrible Dragons pack. And they don't really have anyone who can hurt us from that far away, other than Morris, but Maranta will take care of him.

I think we have the dragons covered in the forwards, and without Dugan I like our backline. I'm still very skeptical about our first 3 games. we scraped home in our first 2 and yes we should have beaten the roosters but don't forget 2 tries came from very poor errors from the roosters. On the flip side Ben Hunt showed plenty in that game, our forwards were very strong and Barba should be settling in nicely and is due for a big one. Can't wait!!

We'll wreck them up the middle if McGuire and Hannant play, not super confident though, their halves are far superior to ours.

The Dragons still haven't played anyone worth bragging about having a good game against.

We'll wreck them up the middle if McGuire and Hannant play, not super confident though, their halves are far superior to ours.

Hunt is far better than Williams, even on his worst day. Widdop is far better than Hoffman as a half. Their halves are not far superior.

Last edited:
I think will be our long term halfback and push for state of origin selection at some point.

I think we can win this convincingly.

Watching the Dragons game, while they are attacking well, they still have a weak defensive line. If we can, attack we and defend like we did in the first two weeks we will have a good chance of winning.

The Dragon are in good attacking form and are a dangerous side. I won't feel, fully confident until I see what frame of mind the team is in, after the loss to the Roosters.

David Hala really impressed me with his determination in getting the boys out of our own end.

He made some really great runs. I would definitely like to keep him on the bench over Wallace.

David Hala really impressed me with his determination in getting the boys out of our own end.

He made some really great runs. I would definitely like to keep him on the bench over Wallace.

Great to see the big guy actualising his potential. That's what we need him to produce, every week.

As with the team in general, I am cautiously optimistic.

I'm hoping the boys are filthy for letting the game slip away from them and come in with an axe to grind. Don't play to the perceived level of your opposition, come in 100% irrespective of who we face.

We should stick to the line-up we had last week except for McGuire coming back to start and then bench being:
14. Hannant
15. Kennedy
16. Hala
17. Oates

I think we have a fair chance of winning this, we will absolutely dominant the ruck with our foward pack as we looked strong against the Roosters. If we can really slow down the Dragons pack and hurt them with our defence we will limit Widdop's opportunities take him out of the game. I would like to see more out Alex Glenn in attack he topped our fowards in metres for the first game, also I want to see Reed get the ball and have more opportunities (Hoffman never passes to him) this is probably why he is being criticized. I am expecting a big game out of Barba as well.....Go the Broncs!

I don't get why some are so confident of a win.

We won 2 games that were a bit scrappy (win is a win though!) and lost a game we should have won because we fell asleep at the wheel.

Dragons have won all 3 games and 2 were impressive wins:

Put 40 on the Tigers who have beaten the Titans and Rabbitohs since
Put 40 on the Warriors who beat the Cowboys last night.

It wasn't an impressive win against the Sharks but they did have Carney back.

Until I see some consistent footy from the Broncos I won't be confident going in to any game.

Beating the Tigers, Warriors and Sharks in their current state is something most good sides should be able to do if they turn up and play at their best. I've only watched their game against the Warriors and they did look good in at and showed a great team effort but they seem to be light up front and Merrin and Creagh are the only forwards they've got that worry me.

They also haven't beaten us since 2010 and we have a very good record against them that helps in our favour.

They didn't score 40 against the Warriors btw they scored 31.

They are looking good in attack, but are fragile in defence.

Hunt is far better than Williams, even on his worst day. Widdop is far better than Hoffman as a half. Their halves are not far superior.

Not entirely sure about Hunt being "far better" than Williams, if Hunt is 25% better than Williams, Widdop is 125% better than Hoffman :P

People aren't concerned about the fact that Broncos middle defense is still average and Dragons have been taking advantage of teams with average ruck and middle defense?

I wouldn't get so cocky.

I'm confident of a win, but they still have some very classy players capable of getting them the win.

It will be a high scoring game imo. If Broncos can play at their best, they can come away with it. They still haven't been able to play at the top of their game for the whole 80, that's when Dragons can hurt us and they've been doing it to every other side.

Last edited:
People aren't concerned about the fact that Broncos middle defense is still average and Dragons have been taking advantage of teams with average ruck and middle defense?

I wouldn't get so cocky.

I'm confident of a win, but they still have some very classy players capable of getting them the win.

On the contrary IMO. Despite one soft try in the middle, we've only conceded tries on the edges or from kicks. In terms of field position we've been far tighter in the middle than previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.