vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, with our outs I think we're boned, but at this point the "asterisk premiership" myth has already started to take hold over 2020, so who gives a shit really.

When’s Fifi and TPJ back. Haas is a God, but he’s a peaceful God. We need our agro boys back.

When’s Fifi and TPJ back. Haas is a God, but he’s a peaceful God. We need our agro boys back.

TPJ misses 2 more games before he's back, in which case he will breathe near an opponent and miss a further 6 weeks

Fifita could be out for another 4

Last edited:
SOS Ben Te'o.

We'll probably get another 80 minutes of Jamil getting carved up.

It's going to be more of the same for this game, Seibold doesn't have the troops to axe anyone, too many injuries and suspensions. We can only hope we land Te'o this week.

Assuming Staggs & Glenn are out, this will be the team -

1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Arthars
4. Boyd
5. Farnworth
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Bullemore
12. Hopoate/Te'o
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Ofahengaue
16. Flegler
17. Kennedy/Hopoate

Carrigan is a proper hard nut, he’s definitely the captain of this team. Glen got it on seniority but let’s face it, as far as setting an example on the field even with his unsuspecting good looks and his glorious hair he hits to hurt and runs 100% no bullshit everytime he’s a bit of throw back if you will.

This will be an easier game but not much, could be another flogging with all the outs.
Funny that the team with the most checkered history, Cronulla, in recent times gains the most from that break and all the players they get back.

Broncs Outs:
TPJ
Glenn
Fifita
Bird
Staggs

Might As Well Be Out:
Oates
Joffa
Hoppa
Milf
That’s a lot of ours next week.

Will be interesting to see what Staggs is charged with. A Grade 1 would see him escape with a 1500 fine, a Grade 2 would see him suspended for a week if he takes the early plea.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what Staggs is charged with. A Grade 1 would see him escape with a 1500 fine, a Grade 2 would see him suspended for a week if he takes the early plea.

Seemed like a Grade 2 to me, didn't miss him.

Carrigan is a proper hard nut, he’s definitely the captain of this team. Glen got it on seniority but let’s face it, as far as setting an example on the field even with his unsuspecting good looks and his glorious hair he hits to hurt and runs 100% no bullshit everytime he’s a bit of throw back if you will.
The grittiest of the gritty tonight. Good signs.

Intent will see him into grade 2, you heard it here first.

Things I want to see next week:

1. Forwards running wider from the ruck in pairs, no starting at the A defender then trying to run around the rushing defence ffs

2. Turpin getting out and engaging the markers creating space for the forwards

3. Line speed and Aggression in defence

This is local club footy standard shit and we couldn’t even do that last night

Last edited:
We've got some major issues to sort out on our edges. No Staggs and no Glenn, then you've got Hoppa who cannot be played on an edge ever again. This is going to have us in a world of hurt given the guys they're up against next week.

An SOS from Ben Te'o would be enormously helpful. Then it's a matter of filling the other edge - perhaps its time to try Bullemor given we've had a fair amount of success disregarding reputations and giving our young kids a shot? Failing him, I guess they'd have to look at someone like Joffa to fill the gap. He probably doesn't offer much in attack but if he could hold up an edge defensively that might have to do for a week or two?

Replacing Staggs is also going to be a nightmare. Our backline as a whole struggles for impact even with Staggs in the team. God knows where it's going to come from with him out of the side next week.

Last edited:
Glenn is expected to miss a fair bit of a time, the cut was so deep that the bone was exposed, surgery tomorrow morning.

Ofahengaue had a similar one in Origin last year and missed about a month from memory.

I have done the exact same thing by running into the handle of a tennis net winder (or whatever you call that). I am sure that he would heal faster than I did given he is an elite athlete with all the rehab staff/facilities but I couldn't run at all for a while. My cut was on my knee though and I am not sure where Lexi's is.

I hope these boys have turned up to the office this morning. I wouldn't be giving them a day off this week.
Far too much to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • davidp
  • HarryAllan7
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mister Wright
  • Browny
  • achievedrap
  • Ondi
  • ezpz
  • Big Del
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
  • leon.bott
  • armchair
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.