Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Tallis just said it’s the best 17 the broncos can currently put out and said no one is away on rep duties and that the Roosters are missing Tedesco, Latrell and Cronk.

You couldn’t make this shit up

I have a bigger issue with the chuckling fuckwits sitting beside him. Tallis is an absolute flog but I also don’t think he is all there upstairs, why don’t any of those ***** correct him when he says shit like this?

I honestly have no idea but I feel like Kevvie would have too much of a soft hand for what we need currently, bring in the likes of Hodges and Parker to set these guys straight.
I would disagree that Walters is a soft hand:

[automerge]1591323350[/automerge]
Unfortunately, we can’t let the old boys near the team because of the Covid shit - this is why we had to let Parker go.
Those restrictions appear to be coming to an end. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Paul white has a bit to answer for.
How’d that review go at the end of our last worst ever smashing?
Your right mate. We are seeing the effects of a shit culture, Boyd and Kahu types. They are not about winning, they are about getting by and getting the $. Seibold has to play his hand, drop Boyd and play Staggs and the bloke from the Titans that is actually doing a good job. Oats or Coats not much difference in D. Milf can be dropped for Dearden in my opinion.
Kahu hasn't played for near 3 years. I get the anger at Boyd, and well, everyone on the team or involved with it but Kahu was actually very proficient at wing (less so at centre) with some good skills.
The team is obviously lacking leadership and direction, especially in the forwards.
I admire both croft and carrigan but they both on a hiding to nothing last night.
The player driving our forwards was debuting. Our older heads like Boyd, offa and lodge are laclustre.
We need to learn ASAP how to play "out of trouble" ASAP and I've yet to see any sign that there is even a plan.
I watched over the last 2 and a bit seasons as a series of player cop it for our performances.
First, it was knik wasn't a organising half, then it was that Boyd was a poor captain, then Maccas a poor hooker.
Players can only play as good as the team around them and that team needs direction, strategy and inspiration to succeed.
I've yet to see any of that, but maybe I'm missing something. One thing I know for certain is someone has to be accountable for last night and I'm not talking about players.

Let's give the coach a hand, he clearly needs it. Who should the Broncs realistically look at bringing in next season?

If possible, punt Bird, Milford, Boyd thankfully will finally be gone, maybe Oates might get an offer elsewhere but I would be ok with keeping him for another year. But this is more of cutting dead wood (which needs to be done). Who should come in though? It seems Ponga is very sadly off the table.

Who else can you bring in? Who is coming to an end of a contract? Clearly, some experience (but also still playing well) needs to come in.

Basically, the Broncs need:

1 x centre who can simply pass and tackle - Opacic? (would snap up Best if he became available)
1 x hooker - there has to be someone around - Peats? / There I say it...Hunt?
1 x hard nut forward - ??

Let's give the coach a hand, he clearly needs it. Who should the Broncs realistically look at bringing in next season?

If possible, punt Bird, Milford, Boyd thankfully will finally be gone, maybe Oates might get an offer elsewhere but I would be ok with keeping him for another year. But this is more of cutting dead wood (which needs to be done). Who should come in though? It seems Ponga is very sadly off the table.

Who else can you bring in? Who is coming to an end of a contract? Clearly, some experience (but also still playing well) needs to come in.

1 x centre who can simply pass and tackle - Opacic? (would snap up Best if he became available)
Couple of problems here unfortunately..
Milford has just taken up his PO for 2021.
Oates just took up his PO for 2021 & 2022.
Bird isn’t going anywhere for 2021, unless we subsidise his contract probably by about 60-80%. Every club will look at him as a massive liability.
Yes Boyd is finally off the books for 2021, but I dare say that $ will be going to securing the likes of Fifita, Herbie and Tesi, I don’t have a problem with that.
Again, massive roster problems.
That’s on the club, whoever signs off on them.
Extremely poor roster management.

Paul White, where are you..?

I cant comment on last nights game , as I turned it off after 20 mins at 16 -0 .The projection from there out to fulltime wasn't worth thinking about . I can't even bare to watch the Broncos play anymore , it's just beyond depressing . The momentum was there after 2 rounds and it looked really promising , even hopeful, however that's totally dissipated with Covid , injuries and suspensions etc. I'm telling you lot this team seriously needs a Coach ,like a mongrel dog needs a hiding. Coaching with no obvious game plan , actually coaching with no fucking idea, introducing players with no talent , retaining out of form, out of date players, W T F is going on . What worries me now is the stars we do have will have managers that must be thinking about alternatives . I mean Anthony Milford's is an absolute genius. Get big money and do **** all for it and that's it ..just turn up ? . A complete root and branch overhaul is needed , throughout the whole club , year after fucking year, the same unacceptable shit . This is a systemic problem . It's getting worse ,and as a fan I enjoy reading the comments on this site , I'm just tired of making negative ones .

We can't realistically afford any of those options, and we don't even need two of them (we have Forwards coming out our ass when fully fit, and Staggs and Bird are a more than capable Centre pairing with Niu and Coates nipping at their heels coming through)

I think a gun Fullback and Dummy Half are the biggest priorities, but given none of the elite ones in either position are on the market besides Ponga, I'd say we're shit out of luck.

Our best bet is that Cam Smith plays on and we can throw ourselves at Harry Grant with as much cash as it takes to convince him to come and live in Brisbane again.

Last edited:

Cotric, Friend, Graham are off contract. Could probably afford them if Boyd, Milford and Bird were let go, but that's not going to happen given Milford and Bird would get a fraction of their contract elsewhere.

Cotric, Friend, Graham are off contract. Could probably afford them if Boyd, Milford and Bird were let go, but that's not going to happen given Milford and Bird would get a fraction of their contract elsewhere.

Doesn't Cotric go for the Broncs or something? Would be a fantastic pick up.

I came to the realisation last night that we’re going to be shit until we clear the trash off our cap. We couldn’t even be in the running for a gun like Ponga because Bird and Boyd, for example, are taking up 1.3 mil+ of the cap between them. Add Milf, Joffa, and Oates, all of which could be replaced by minimum wage players and we wouldn’t notice the difference, and our cap is bulldogs level fucked.

Edit: so 2022. But then we’ll have to re-sign Haas and Fifita on stupid money because sides will be throwing over a mil at them.
[automerge]1591327671[/automerge]

I was thinking about hunt recently. He doesn’t look happy at the drags and they might want to flick him soon. I’d take him back on 500k to play hooker or MAYBE 6. There’s no way he can be worse than milf, at least the guy is fit.

Last edited:
I thought about it some more last night in bed. I think the primary issue is leadership. I'm not talking about some arbitrary loose term, I'm talking about genuine leadership at training and on the field.

Think about it, we've got Seibold, who's more or less a rookie coach and has a young coaching staff around him. On the field we've gradually lost all of the grit, leadership and determination over the course of the last few years, Parker, Hodges, Thaiday (pre-burgers), Boyd (pre-neutering), McGuire (people were happy to let him go, but I'd argue he's the one we're missing the most at the moment), Gillett, McCullough. Even if you remove the players who were regulars in first grade, we lost the likes of Tagatese and Fensom last season, both of whom were great around the playing group.

Do you want to know when I knew we were going to get destroyed last night? When we were standing at the halfway line waiting to kick-off at the start of the game. I thought to myself "Ok, this is where the leaders rev the young guys up", do you want to know what our entire roster did for that 15 seconds leading to the kick-off? They stood motionless, not a single player said a word to anyone, they were essentially standing there looking at the ground like nervous teenagers (Which is what they are).

I feel so sorry for the kids on this roster, they've been thrown in the deep end with slightly older kids and immature adults.

Do you want to know when I knew we were going to get destroyed last night? When we were standing at the halfway line waiting to kick-off at the start of the game. I thought to myself "Ok, this is where the leaders rev the young guys up", do you want to know what our entire roster did for that 15 seconds leading to the kick-off? They stood motionless, not a single player said a word to anyone, they were essentially standing there looking at the ground like nervous teenagers (Which is what they are).

I actually thought it started in the sheds. I don't even remember seeing them warm up and then when they exited the tunnel, they literally walked out with their heads down.

I thought about it some more last night in bed. I think the primary issue is leadership. I'm not talking about some arbitrary loose term, I'm talking about genuine leadership at training and on the field.

Think about it, we've got Seibold, who's more or less a rookie coach and has a young coaching staff around him. On the field we've gradually lost all of the grit, leadership and determination over the course of the last few years, Parker, Hodges, Thaiday (pre-burgers), Boyd (pre-neutering), McGuire (people were happy to let him go, but I'd argue he's the one we're missing the most at the moment), Gillett, McCullough. Even if you remove the players who were regulars in first grade, we lost the likes of Tagatese and Fensom last season, both of whom were great around the playing group.

I feel so sorry for the kids on this roster, they've been thrown in the deep end with slightly older kids and immature adults.
Yep. You always need to have a balance of young up and comers, players in their prime, and some older heads in every squad. The club has fucked off most of the so-called "dead wood" then somehow acts surprised when the immature forward pack gets absolutely deep dicked on prime time tv. Anyone could see from Miles away that playing a young not-really-a-hooker with no NRL experience at hooker for 80 minutes against an experienced and ferocious forward pack, with young guys all around him, was going to end up a bloodbath. Going into this game with no discernable plan aside from blind hope is akin to ordering 16yos to blindly charge the machine gun rows in WWII. I only hope Seibold gets shown the door before our young guys become entrenched losers or take off for clubs with a better future.

We have the talent but could do with some tweaking .
The first thing and only thing they should be fixing is the D.
Everything else comes after that and a lot of the everything else will be fixed when the D is fixed.

The broncos are just not a team. You can see that in defence as the just seem to operate independently with one player not knowing what the player next to them is doing.

But you can see that in attack. They stand still, pass it to a player who runs and gets tackled and repeat (that is under 7 shit!). As opposed to the roosters, when one player had the ball their whole offensive line ran with them. Fucking keary was brilliant ran onto the ball at pace, took it to the line and his whole backline went with him hitting the gaps. He was spoilt for choice as to who to pass to, if to kick or go himself.

Its a hard day when i enjoy watching other teams play more than the broncos

Last edited:
Lol mate, talk about transparent. It's telling you have to resort to whining about two years ago instead of the pasting we copped last night. Seriously why do you even bother coming into current threads? We keep breaking records for the worst performance in our club's long and proud history and all you want to do is talk about Bennett. Do you actually care about this club or just having a dig at people you don't like.

You can't justify a single thing coach fatso hss done here and rightly so because he's way out of his depth. Paul White has bet the club's future on an absolute dunce and you just want to talk about the bloke who got sacked back in 2018.
You're so hell bent on blaming everything on the people who rightly fired your messiah, that in your impaired butt hurt vision, you aren't capable of grasping what I am criticising.

I'm interested in a discussion about the core disease at the Broncos, and at what needs to be done to eradicate it after the biggest tumor was removed.
Whether Seibold is ruthless and good enough to excise all the rest of rot, is the big question here, and I can understand people doubting it in this moment, but I'm not going to get lost in trying to blame the symptoms or consequences of the cure on the guy we got to do that job, especially when a very particular set of damning and compounding circumstances (which Big Pete Big Pete described very well in this thread) is making things look much worse than they may well be.

The broncos are just not a team. You can see that in defence as the just seem to operate independently with one player not knowing what the player next to them is doing.

But you can see that in attack. They stand still, pass it to a player who runs and gets tackled and repeat (that is under 7 shit!). As opposed to the roosters, when one player had the ball their whole offensive line ran with them. Fucking keary was brilliant ran onto the ball at pace, took it to the line and his whole backline went with him hitting the gaps. He was spoilt for choice as to who to pass to, if to kick or go himself.

Its a hard day when i enjoy watching other teams play more than the broncos

The broncos would be flat out beating a high school team right now. The only way they’d win would be by brute force or some sort of solo effort.

Last edited:
You're so hell bent on blaming everything on the people who rightly fired your messiah, that in your impaired butt hurt vision, you aren't capable of grasping what I am criticising.

I'm interested in a discussion about the core disease at the Broncos, and at what needs to be done to eradicate it after the biggest tumor was removed.
Whether Seibold is ruthless and good enough to excise all the rest of rot, is the big question here, and I can understand people doubting it in this moment, but I'm not going to get lost in trying to blame the symptoms or consequences of the cure on the guy we got to do that job, especially when a very particular set of damning and compounding circumstances (which Big Pete Big Pete described very well in this thread) is making things look much worse than they may well be.
There isn't a big enough rolling eyes icon for this. The team played like garbage last year and managed to get worse. Three of our last 5 games have been absolute floggings, two of those record breaking ones, but anyone wanting the club to be accountable for it is obviously just upset about the previous coach getting the arse 2 seasons ago. It's telling that instead of admitting the admin aren't perfect and bought a dud you want to double down and label other people butt hurt over the past. I mean why bother hoping anyone can be accountable today when we can stir the ashes of the past instead. Good to know the worst flogging in Broncos history is ok by you as long as you like the clown in charge though, it means your opinion can be safely ignored as partisan nonsense.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.