Round 4 - Dragons v Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Glad I switched my tip to the broncos at the last minute, dragons played rubbish.

I'm also convinced that Barba is playing injured.

3. Gillett
2. McCullough
1. Parker (6/6!)

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The Dragons defense is woeful. Our attack is a lot better than people give credit for though.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Well done boys, good win and very happy with that. Gets the weekend off to a great start...! Most of the team played well with Gilette,Hunt,Parker and Glenn all excellent. In fact only Reed was below par with bad timing and ineffectual tackles. Some ordinary Reed reads in defence. Griffin buys another couple of months although this is not about him. Good stuff alround.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hate to say it, but I reckon Barba is playing worse than Hoffman was at fullback. Doesn't even seem interested in trying to break a tackle. Is it just me or does he look unfit?

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Hunt said on Triple M that Barba still has an ankle problem.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Well then, Hoffman to fullback, Hodges to 5/8 for a week or two and rest Barba. Surely a full off season and 4 weeks in his ankle should've been as good as new.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Barba looks tentative alright.... Still injured for sure.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Hate to say it, but I reckon Barba is playing worse than Hoffman was at fullback. Doesn't even seem interested in trying to break a tackle. Is it just me or does he look unfit?

I disagree, although I had higher expectations, which could well impact the perception of his efforts.

His ankle is clearly still bothering him, but despite it limiting his running game, he's chiming into backline plays and picking the right options when they present themselves. Some good defensive reads too.

That said, I would love to see him deliver more.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm probably speaking out of annoyance more than anything else but with the running game we all know he has, he didn't even looked likely to break a tackle tonight. I really hope it's just his ankle limiting his confidence and we can see the best of him in the coming rounds.

Looking forward to a fully fit Barba and Hodges returning.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Agreed on the Barba clearly still injured front. That said, without 'wowing' he hasn't done anything wrong. It's just we know what he's capable of.

After 4 rounds, I'm very very happy with where we are. We still have Hodges and Kahu to come back yet, and an injury free Barba hopefully. Exciting times.

1. Gillet
2. Thaiday
3. Parker/Macca

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Barba - He's trying hard, just not electrifying yet, it will come.
Vidot - Yes he bombed a try but another massive game, what a buy he is.
Reed - What has happened? Arm grabs, missed tackles, lucky it appears Copley is injured, he should be on the bench.
Copley - Some great runs again but also some mistakes and injured, still a mile ahead of Reed.
Maranta - Another solid game, he actually reminds me of Tate under the high ball defensively.
Hoffman - Still running to much but taking on more responsibility, I'm warming to him.
Hunt - Another very good game, offered a lot in attack and outstanding in defense, backed up last week nicely.
McGuire - Best game this year, ran with energy every time and a very high workrate.
McCullough - After four high quality games, I feel confident saying he has arrived, gun effort again and combining well with Hunt.
Parker - What would we do without him?
Glenn - Tries hard, doesn't let you down but maybe better off the bench.
Thaiday - Welcome back Slammin Sam, another massive game.
Gillett - What a game, in everything, well done.

Oates - Not much game time but some good runs and defense, he will be a superstar.
Kennedy - Just not giving as much as expected, quick but drops even quicker sometimes and his carry scares me.
Lowrie - What does he offer? Only thing I can think of everyone underestimates him.
Wallace - Good game, would love to see it consistently but he has a future.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
It's great when you win but it feels even better when you win when no one expects you too.

Its very encouraging that we beat the 1st placed team and scored 36 points in doing so. Ben Hunt is getting better and playing consistently, bring on Milford/Hunt for 2014

More later watching the Roosters V Manly game

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Injuries can be an iffy thing to recover from and IMO he just needs time, his not setting the world on fire he still is contributing and given time to build confidence I reckon we will see more from him.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did anyone else get the impression that Broncos were letting Widdop run on 4th tackle so he couldn't kick it on the 5th?

I'm going to say that is why they kept coming up with some abysmal attempts at tackles..

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • Pablo
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.