Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Yeah boys, I always try to be as objective and reasonable as possible on here. I was all for giving Nikorima a chance, and being realistic about bird. I was pro Bennett’s return and also saw the positive in Seibold’s appointment but we imo we are looking really terrible this year. I was excited about our youthful but promising forwards. I was even keen to see what Gillo could do at lock.

Tonight was abysmal. Last week we were lucky to score as much as we did. Literally all our tries came from fortune

I’m at a bit of a loss for what to do. I’m losing the faith in seibs that I had to start with.

It mighjt just be the grog talking but even now, hours later I am still livid. That was just insipid trash they dished out tonight, and some heads need to roll.

Today in the world we're living in - no one's job is secure. Every single day, we all have to strive to earn a paycheck every fortnight. If our performance lags, we will be pulled aside and get cautioned about our lags. Yes, the footy players have short careers but they also are on high to inflated paychecks. They should also be in same fear as the rest of workforce in other industries. People running the show should make their voices heard loud & clear when these kind of performances are dished out.

There has to be some sort of retrospective and accountability among the playing group. Mere expression of views in media leading to game will not get the job done. Performance on the field gets results. Stop talking bullshit to media and start performing guys. It appears like most of the players in the team took their spots for granted. Unless an overhaul is brought in - I do not see them improve on their attitude & effort on the field.

1 & 9 - please banish yourselves from Broncos. It will be a favor you would do yourselves in the long run. It will save you from much more humiliation in the long run. DO NOT make mockery of the positions you play at.

The might and reputation around Mighty Broncos is plummeting at a rapid speed with performance like the one we just witnessed. Unless an overhaul is brought in with the playing squad, we're bound to see many more results like these. Forget about top 8 by seasons end, we will be in bottom 4.

Last edited:
Skinny coach be sleeping well. Be careful what you wish for....

Interesting how all the pre season news stories about how this or that player is primed for a big season or playing music at training is going to have the boys pumped etc etc isn't worth a dried out dog turd once the season starts.

I love it how people are using this as the barometer for the terrible coach swap we have done... .I mean, it's fair enough. Seibold has had 4 games already! Bennett had 4 years and got the team upto the great standard shown in the dragons final, which is STILL in my view the most embarrassing loss in the broncos history given the magnitude of the game and the favouritism we had.
When are these players going to be held accountable. And ironically enough the players we all want sacked/retire are the same ones Bennett stuck by for years and have been giving these same performances for years with the odd sporadic 7/10 game which was used to justify their spot.

These are so my thoughts.

To be a bit positive on last nights game, we easily could have had 4 additional tries scored. Bird and shiba bombed 2 certain ones. Staggs easily would score his try on another night and I’m sure Oates could have scored as well from that pass that was out of his reach. So if these plays stuck we could have had 30 points.

The Broncos respond to Seibold's spray with an even worse performance.

Heads do need to roll after this one. Starting with the spine. Mainly the 1, 7 and 9.
Agree, he can yell all he likes, but this bunch of prima donnas think they're safe, they won't start fecking playing until there's genuine knowledge that they'll do time in the QCup (Isaako) or be moved out of their coveted positions (Boyd).

I'd put Dearden on the bench and bring him on at the 20 min mark in each half when I'd move Nikko back to hooker and bench Macca, Boyd goes to the wing where he can do less damage, with Bird at fullback so Staggs can play centre. Isaako gets the hell out of the team. Carrigan also needs to come in, don't really care who we drop for him as long as it isn't Lodge or Fifita.

Last edited:
The issue for me is we aren't doing the fundamentals. This is the second week in a row where errors have absolutely killed off any chance of winning.

Apparently we completed 26/37 (70%), but in those 26 completed sets are 6 penalties and a try that brings us down to 19 sets completed effectively through to a kick... that's 51%. A little over 1 in 2 we actually got to a kick. That is absolutely disgraceful.

When I think about who caused the errors it's primarily the wingers, Oates had 6 errors and Isaako 4. Given they're primarily running it out on 2nd and 3rd tackle it means we're typically losing it early in our sets and deep in our own half putting us under huge pressure.

Dragons game tells a similar story
Completion rate 29/42 (69%), including 7 penalties and 4 tries, bringing it down to 18/42 (43%!!!!!)... 43% of the time we got through to a kick.

On top of a leaky defense we just cannot hold the ball... we're always defending

Theres something wrong in the state of Denmark.

We have a captain who doesn’t inspire with actions and last even avoided contact.

We have a 9 who is a sloth and can’t get the forwards rolling.

The forwards apart from a few are believing their own hype. Not to fussed if we lose TPJ, atm he’ll lose more than he’ll win.

Can’t blame the halves as we couldn’t get out of our own end for most of the game.

Siebs needs to be ruthless and drop some big names

The issue for me is we aren't doing the fundamentals. This is the second week in a row where errors have absolutely killed off any chance of winning.

Apparently we completed 26/37 (70%), but in those 26 completed sets are 6 penalties and a try that brings us down to 19 sets completed effectively through to a kick... that's 51%. A little over 1 in 2 we actually got to a kick. That is absolutely disgraceful.

When I think about who caused the errors it's primarily the wingers, Oates had 6 errors and Isaako 4. Given they're primarily running it out on 2nd and 3rd tackle it means we're typically losing it early in our sets and deep in our own half putting us under huge pressure.

Dragons game tells a similar story
Completion rate 29/42 (69%), including 7 penalties and 4 tries, bringing it down to 18/42 (43%!!!!!)... 43% of the time we got through to a kick.

On top of a leaky defense we just cannot hold the ball... we're always defending
Great analysis! As simple as holding onto the ball is that's what we need to do. We didn't do anything different in the cowboys game except complete more sets and stick & hit in defence.

On the defensive side of things this is actually where I have had a re-think overnight and realised something. The post contact metres we are conceding are shocking. I think our wrestle has improved but if the opposition is still driving forward though the legs it doesn't mean shit. Traditionally in the broncos, and in most teams the Hooker leads the defensive line speed and goes low/legs to slow them down for the others to come in with the wrestle/slow peel off the tackled player and big impact as needed. Where the **** is mccullough on this? He is in the team for his defence, if he is a liability there then get him the **** out of the team COMPLETELY.

If massive changes aren't made by the coach, the coach loses my confidence. Last night was unacceptable, and I hope he gets his asshole torn apart today by the media, the board, and the fans.

These are so my thoughts.

He got us to a GF and finals a far cry from disaster and the haters are happy to gauge Bennett on that one game. So how bout we gauge seibold on last nights display?

I'm not ready to dismiss seibold just yet and I was against letting Bennett leave, but time for these anti Bennett supporters to nek up !

giphy.gif

I thought this was very poor from Boyd. He had plenty of time to react to Angus taking the run and at least attempt to get in the way.

Defend, defend, concede try, defend, defend, defend, stupid turnover, defend, concede try, defend, defend, defend, finally get the ball and kick away possession on the second or third tackle.

For the love of god, stop kicking early in sets. If we’re 18 in front, turn the screws. But we aren’t. We’re behind and I bet the last thing our forwards feel like doing after being hammered for 15mins is more goal line defence.

My god it is frustrating to watch.

And one more thing, can someone take control of the attack. I’ve seen U/15’s look more organised than we did last night. That is not hyperbole. It was so embarrassing it bordered on comical.

These games are just getting to hard to watch now. I have no answers or suggestions. Roosters were red hot and merciless tonight .

The thing is they really weren't. I would say they played slightly above average. And they were missing Friend, JWH, Morris.

giphy.gif

I thought this was very poor from Boyd. He had plenty of time to react to Angus taking the run and at least attempt to get in the way.

Just waiting for him to put his hands up to the ref...

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.