Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good move Seibs.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/201...iipPdyTD8hinlYeaWlRc6YlxmCdTdGJVdXRTWNh7-KuCA

Seibold: Payne Will Play

Author
broncos.com.au
Timestamp
Wed 10 Apr 2019, 09:18 AM

THE Broncos will bring the heat tomorrow night against the Wests Tigers by injecting Payne Haas into the team for his first game of 2019.
Haas was named as 18th man yesterday, but Seibold said he would be used at Suncorp Stadium.
In making that move, the Broncos will go with a rotation of four forwards on the bench.
"Yes Payne will be in the 17 and we will leave Gehamat Shibasaki out," said coach Anthony Seibold this morning.
"We looked at the opposition and think they are a really strong pack.
"They have guys like Ben Matulino and Russell Packer with experience, and Robbie Farah as well."
The selections means the Broncos will not take a back-line player on the bench, but Seibold said the Broncos had contingencies.
Seibold said Alex Glenn or Matt Gillett could be called on if the Broncos suffered an injury out wide.
"We think Alex Glenn can be the utility player if we need to replace someone in the backs," he said.
"If we didn't have Alex there or a Matt Gillett who can fill in, we would probably keep Gehamat there.
"But we really want to give Payne a chance to get back into the 17."

Let's say we lose tomorrow (i'm 50/50 on it, Tigers are disciplined and madge is a good coach), we'll be 1-4, will that be enough for people to be justified in their panic? What record is the breaking point for people?

If we get flogged by the Tigers like last week, then as far as I'm concerned its panic stations
Lets not forget, we copped a few floggings under Bennett last year (Eagles, Dragons x 2, Storm x 2, Warriors, Bulldogs)

If we get flogged by the Tigers like last week, then as far as I'm concerned its panic stations
Lets not forget, we copped a few floggings under Bennett last year (Eagles, Dragons x 2, Storm x 2, Warriors, Bulldogs)
For sure, I guess there was always that known element that we'd eventually come good under Bennett. There is certainly a fear of the unknown thing happening with Seibold being a new coach, there's no real guarantees that everything will just fall into place, just hope.

I'm not panic stations yet but it's definitely concerning how we've started, and the effort levels of some of our key players.

Good but not because Payne is playing, good because Shibasaki is rubbish. I haven’t seen someone look as bad as Manihera since...Manihera.

I don’t often like to say it but this kid looks like he doesn’t have it...any of it...whatever it is...he doesn’t have it.

I hope obviously he proves me wrong.

Good but not because Payne is playing, good because Shibasaki is rubbish. I haven’t seen someone look as bad as Manihera since...Manihera.

I don’t often like to say it but this kid looks like he doesn’t have it...any of it...whatever it is...he doesn’t have it.

I hope obviously he proves me wrong.

I think Shibasaki can be good as a starting centre. I don't think he was really put in a position to succeed by coming off the bench with 10 minutes to go.

Yes it does. Wayne didn’t necessarily think this was a year of consolidation. He could just as easily have been confident he had the ability to get more out of this team than what Seibold has been able too so far.
Again, absolutely nothing to do with what was posted. My post referred to why, in my opinion Wayne, may have been desperate to extend his contract. Your obsession with praising Wayne Bennett at the expense of Anthony Seibold is not only monotonous it’s boring. Not seeking a reply, your point is obvious.

Let's say we lose tomorrow (i'm 50/50 on it, Tigers are disciplined and madge is a good coach), we'll be 1-4, will that be enough for people to be justified in their panic? What record is the breaking point for people?
A loss tomorrow and this page and every other Bronco related forum will implode. There will be severe depression, anger and bewilderment. A defeat at home against Wests who have an 800k salary cap penalty and train on a potato field is as low as it can get. Let's hope the unthinkable doesn't happen.

I think Shibasaki can be good as a starting centre. I don't think he was really put in a position to succeed by coming off the bench with 10 minutes to go.

I obviously hope you are right and I am dead wrong, would love to be. However, I’m not basing this opinion on just ten minutes. All his appearances (not many) in FG and the underage origin he played last year or the year before have all been extremely underwhelming.

Even what little I’ve seen of him in Qld Cup leads me to this conclusion. Really, really want to be wrong.

From my perspective, Seibold is still dealing with attitude and culture issues Bennett failed to deal with effectively.

Hark your mind back to the last game of last year young Goat, your messiah could not get the team up for a knock out final.

Hark your mind back to the first five games of last season. 1st round comprehensively beaten by St George. 2nd round, bar for the goal post (dumb luck) we lose to the cowboys. 3rd round Tigers are pretty much ripped off by referee calls and we win a controversial game that should have gone the other way.

4th round, well beaten by the Titans. 5th round beaten by the knights. We should have been 0-5, and that was with the master coach.

It just reinforces it is only round 4 FFS.

How dare you. Wayne won us 6 premierships. It’s been 13 years since the last one but that just means he got goat status a long time ago

I obviously hope you are right and I am dead wrong, would love to be. However, I’m not basing this opinion on just ten minutes. All his appearances (not many) in FG and the underage origin he played last year or the year before have all been extremely underwhelming.

Even what little I’ve seen of him in Qld Cup leads me to this conclusion. Really, really want to be wrong.

He's not a flashy centre, more of a worker. He's averaging 170 metres per game this year and was around 150 metres per game last year in ISC. Making a solid amount of tackles at a good success rate. He's certainly not going to come on for 10 minutes and make a huge impact, but I wouldn't write him off being at the very least a serviceable first grade centre at some point.

A loss tomorrow and this page and every other Bronco related forum will implode. There will be severe depression, anger and bewilderment. A defeat at home against Wests who have an 800k salary cap penalty and train on a potato field is as low as it can get. Let's hope the unthinkable doesn't happen.

hey, i've played on that field, its pretty damn lush! However yes - if we lose I'm pretty sure this place will implode, Cold war style.

What about the comments this morning from Seibold that Darius is just swimming in shit at the moment? What the **** does this exactly mean??

Any insider got a POV to Darius mental state or any problems?

Last edited:
Silly playing Fifita there , I think offa for now but agree pat will end up there.
Ofa is not fit enough to play 13. He needs to come off earlier. Seibolds interchange rotation has always been pretty terrible and Ofa is one of those who are suffering dramatically because of it.

We have a few spuds ourselves so the tigers should be able to handle us.

That’s a good point and I do remember that. Pretty impressive to get to within 2 points of the minor premiers from that spot. I do hope Seibold can go one better.
Well, counting for and against it was 4 points and the top 8 sides were very evenly matched last year. History will record that we were comfortably the worst of the 8. That isn't so bad but it's certainly not reason to sing the praises of WB. That last game was embarrassing. Big occasion, finals football, coach under pressure, full house, out of form opposition and the team goes and does that. Whatever the team was doing, they weren't motivated for a big game for WB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Mr Fourex
  • Tmac
  • HarryAllan7
  • Tim K
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • GCBRONCO
  • jarro65
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • Volvo Driver
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Dash
  • kman
  • LittleDavey
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.