vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he's signed yet, we were talking about how 500K is too much for him like a week ago?

Last edited:
He's been lazy this year. Rarely makes his front when getting tackled, barely makes the opposition land on their back and he's often seen laying on the ground instead of getting to marker. Have a look at how many tries have been scored because of his complete lack of effort this year. His lateral movement is shocking and his arm grabbing defense has been an easy target for the opposition. He's lucky he's still playing this week, let alone given the lock position. He's been a completely different player this year

Oh I agree. He’s been terrible. Just pointing out he has (or at least had) the ability.

I don’t know what’s changed, he should be kicking on this year.

re Offa to Lock/Isaako to FB. While they have both sucked, sometimes it can be as simple as a change in position to get them playing to the best of their ability.

I don’t see the changes as rewards, more so an effort to change the players mindset by giving them something different, and in Isaako’s case, he may continue dropping balls, but at least he won’t refuse to involve himself and give opposition teams an unimpeded walk over the line

Just watched Seibold's presser - post captains run. It looks as though this pressure is really getting to him. For his sake I hope we win tomorrow, but I genuinely think wining tomorrow night is only going to mask the issues that we have with our spine and leadership on and off the field. We were convincingly beaten by Melbourne & the Roosters. We got away with a win against the Cowboys, however we still would not have beaten the likes of the Storm, Rabbits, Roosters, Canberra or Eels.
St George were down on troops and we still couldn't get the W.
Unless we significantly improve in the next 2-4 weeks OR change up the 1, 7 & 9, this season will be done. We should just scrape in the 8 this year, but will purely be making up the numbers - which just isn't good enough.

Oh I agree. He’s been terrible. Just pointing out he has (or at least had) the ability.

I don’t know what’s changed, he should be kicking on this year.

re Offa to Lock/Isaako to FB. While they have both sucked, sometimes it can be as simple as a change in position to get them playing to the best of their ability.

I don’t see the changes as rewards, more so an effort to change the players mindset by giving them something different, and in Isaako’s case, he may continue dropping balls, but at least he won’t refuse to involve himself and give opposition teams an unimpeded walk over the line
Isaako is out of position in defense on the wing way more often than Boyd is

Boyd isn't out of position very much, but that doesn't change the fact he has been giving up without a whimper.

I have noticed Isaako being caught infield a lot lately, granted. But perhaps his brain is in fullback mode, as that’s where he has/wants to play. Not saying that absolves him of course. But overall, agree to disagree

Boyd isn't out of position very much, but that doesn't change the fact he has been giving up without a whimper.

He’s still in the line and grubbers are only barely getting taken care of. Usually by someone that isn’t Boyd.

He’s still in the line and grubbers are only barely getting taken care of. Usually by someone that isn’t Boyd.

I'm assuming that's where he's been instructed to position himself. If he is doing it against coach's orders then I would be worried.

I read something about a decent deal (like $500k/yr, 3-4 years), not 100% sure it's done though, I didn't fact check. I just assumed he had, and it worked with the narrative in my head so I ran with it.
I read that or something similar and I was under the impression that that’s what he was looking for. Hope he doesn’t or hasn’t receive that.

The fact that people want to put more responsibility on Ofahengaue and Isaako shocks me. They're been far worse than the other scapegoats so far this year.
Agreed. Joffa should at the very least be dropped to the bench to give him a kick up the arse

I can tell you right now, Boyd needs a navman strapped to his wrist to guide him where to be.

Boyd needs a man strapped to his wrist to show him how to tackle.

After the week they've copped, if that doesn't lift them to really put in like they did Round 2, nothing will. That, and Haas and Carrigan must be chomping at the bit to solidify their spots.

Last edited:

In other breaking news, a new Wayne Bennett/Darius Boyd-like alliance has emerged at the broncos. New-age coach Anthony 'the Professor' Seibold and NZ test superstar halfback, Kodi 'the human potato' Nikorima have promised to do all they can this season to uphold the long-held tradition of recent Broncos coaches continually selecting a player out of position regardless of their shitiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • scobie
  • heartly87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Astro
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.